Offseason 3 on 3 basketball tournament interest?

diacope

Would anybody be interested in joining a 3 on 3 basketball tournament? It probably wont last more than the offseason and it'll give our players some more reps before the next season, hopefully a little bit of fun too. 

My ideas:

Since I have no clue how much interest this will have.. How many teams is uncertain and will be decided by the amount of players. Aiming for 4 or 12 people!

All players will be your VHL identity apart from the position you want, just to keep it in theme of an offseason training type deal

Teams will be made up of current teammates and every odd member out or without somebody to play with will be randomly assigned, no need for a draft or managers

Identities will be whatever the team wants! Not sure about logos but this will be mostly stats based anyway

We will have 8 to 10 total games + playoffs to decide the winner, 6 minute quarters and everybody comes in at the same rating but each player can have one set of specialty skills, no injuries

Well that's it I'm going to do some testing now and think of more possible ideas if I left anything out! PEASE POST YOUR POSITION/SPECIALTY BELOW IF INTERESTED. Hopefully we can get enough response in the next few days to get things started! If we do I'll immediately create everybody and get results posted right away :) 

VHL PLAYER NAME: 

POSITION: (PG, SG, SF, PF, C)

SPECIALTY SKILLS: (Physical, Shooting, Skill)

TEAM NAME SUGGESTION(S): 

CURRENT ROSTERS

TEAM 1

PF/C Tavish DeGroot PHY :war:

PG/SG Hari Singh Nalwa SHT :war:

C Alfred Champagne PHY :vhlmlogo:

TEAM 2

SG Alexandre Leduc SHT :rig:

SG/PG Oskar Lindbergh SKI :tor:

TEAM 3

PF Nico Pearce PHY :hel:

SF/C Cobalt Burns SKI :hel:

SG Tui Sova SHT :dcd:

TEAM 4

PG Breaking Bread aka Malum Maellard SKI :nya:

C/PF Landon Wolanin PHY :cal:

TEAM NAME SUGGESTIONS:

Edmonton Wild Geese

Morrocco Moles

Red Pandas

Brooklyn Bazooka

Santurn Suns

Sparta Spartans

Delhi Pickles

TeamNamedon Suggestionolanin

Madrid Thunder

Ghosts of Kyiv

Edited by lll

Good idea :)

VHL PLAYER NAME: Tavish DeGroot

POSITION: (PG, SG, SF, PF, C) PF/C

SPECIALTY SKILLS: (Physical, Shooting, Skill) Physical

TEAM NAME SUGGESTION(S): EDMONTON WILD GEESE!

@rory @frescoelmo @Lemorse7 @Anthique @v.2

Firstly I want to thank the players above for the interest :)

Now since we don't have as much interest as we would have hoped to make this work in good time, what do you guys think about switching it to 2v2 or even 1v1, first to x amount of points?!? Would still be fun :)

Another crazy idea if we do 2 per team.. Everybody can invite a celebrity or retired player?! Unless this picks up over night but I doubt it xD - I'm gonna put some effort in. not just posting screenshots 

6 hours ago, lll said:

@rory @frescoelmo @Lemorse7 @Anthique @v.2

Firstly I want to thank the players above for the interest :)

Now since we don't have as much interest as we would have hoped to make this work in good time, what do you guys think about switching it to 2v2 or even 1v1, first to x amount of points?!? Would still be fun :)

Another crazy idea if we do 2 per team.. Everybody can invite a celebrity or retired player?! Unless this picks up over night but I doubt it xD - I'm gonna put some effort in. not just posting screenshots 

Well 5 more players since your last post haha are we gonna be enought to play 3 VS 3?

1 hour ago, Anthique said:

Well 5 more players since your last post haha are we gonna be enought to play 3 VS 3?

I think we may actually get enough now, 2 more 👀

The base is already set up, just need to edit a few things and think about how I'll execute it all while making it fun. That's why it'll be a little shorter than some would hope for

Edited by lll

Ended up being busy with the draft and had to create everything over again but games will be soon! We have 11 players with myself so if ANYBODY wants to sign up please do so in the next few hours.. I'll also be taking sign ups as we go and the last place team will pick that player up!

See you soon, sorry for the wait :)