Snoozing Before the Season

Spartan

We're pretty deep into the offseason at this point and all the interesting things have just about finished. All three drafts are over, FA has opened and basically ended, and the HOF inductions have been announced. All that's really left is to participate in VHFL and wait for the season to start next Wednesday. So while we wait, let's see what all happened this offseason.

- Moscow's draft went pretty well I think, we got two of our top choices at D and C in @hedgehog337 and @Hoopydog. We went into the draft planning to draft some long-term replacements and feel like we came out with exactly what he hoped for. Rest of the draft is promising as well, as @Otis Boudreaux was someone we feel was a nice steal down at 23. I think he could have been a first round selection without some of the life stuff he had going on. @Plate is someone I've always enjoyed having around, and while life has been kicking his ass a bit as well, I just wanted to have him around for whenever the comeback starts. We also figured we could land one of either @Matt thunder or @Devise in the draft, so we traded a prospect with a tough road to make the roster here in exchange for Bryzgalov. Snagging @StephenCurry5806N late was a nice little grab of an affiliate user - if he's active, lovely. If not, we traded a pending IA FA for him. No loss whatsoever.

- FA was dull as hell, only Jonathan Ori really ended up there after Brendan Marner decided to re-sign with Warsaw and Bob Vlad-I can't spell the rest went to LA. Toronto and Riga are over the cap and it'll be interesting to see where they clear cap. I hope they go to NYA or VAN, one of them could probably sneak into playoffs somehow.

- @Gustav and @dlamb made HOF, congrats to y'all. Long overdue for Gus to have a good player and Taro had some great moments. Lamb was a fantastic playoff performer and both were very deserving nods. Will be interesting to see who next season's nominees will be, it seems like the remaining pool of nominees (before the new ones are added) is pretty shallow. Not even sure who becomes eligible next season, but that's a Victor problem.