SHL: Are They a Myth?

DoktorFunk

Honestly I feel like I remember hearing about them a LOT more when I started out here and in the S70s than I do now. I definitely explained (and had it explained to me) what the SHL is and generally how they work quite a few times...and I really don't see the topic coming up much anymore.

I'll say that a lot of the times I heard it brought up was in the context of "lol SHL is more toxic than we are", back when we went through our seasons-long "guys we're not that toxic" identity crisis during which we were admittedly more toxic than we are now (in my opinion). So that debate has kind of subsided.

I think the main reason for all the talk dying off is just that we've found out who we are and what we want to be as a community. When everyone talked about the SHL and tried to compare us to them, our numbers had just started to blow up. By the mid-S70s, our numbers had already blown up, we stopped caring about (being insecure about?) being a smaller community, and we were on to other things.

TL;DR: myths of the SHL's existence shall not go unpunished

46 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Honestly I feel like I remember hearing about them a LOT more when I started out here and in the S70s than I do now. I definitely explained (and had it explained to me) what the SHL is and generally how they work quite a few times...and I really don't see the topic coming up much anymore.

I'll say that a lot of the times I heard it brought up was in the context of "lol SHL is more toxic than we are", back when we went through our seasons-long "guys we're not that toxic" identity crisis during which we were admittedly more toxic than we are now (in my opinion). So that debate has kind of subsided.

I think the main reason for all the talk dying off is just that we've found out who we are and what we want to be as a community. When everyone talked about the SHL and tried to compare us to them, our numbers had just started to blow up. By the mid-S70s, our numbers had already blown up, we stopped caring about (being insecure about?) being a smaller community, and we were on to other things.

we're the larger party now

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Gustav said:

I think once they changed engines the direct comparisons also disappeared so obviously they get mentioned less. We do still keep tabs on what they’re doing but it’s not as if we have an active competition with them of any kind. They do their thing, we do ours.