VHLM This Week (September 21, 2014)

Jala

QsRd00z.png

Welcome to :vhlm: VHLM This Week.

TPE Earners

Pretty quiet on this front since it's off-season, but the Fantasy Zone Hockey League is starting up, so check that out for TPE after it ends.

Announcements

The S39 Off-season Schedule has been posted. We'll cover some of the big events, but check it out for the full details.

The VHL Entry Draft is scheduled for Tuesday, September 23. Big day for the juniors!

Prior to that, the VHLM Top Prospects game is scheduled prior to the draft so be on a lookout for that to see how you and your teammates/leaguemates performed!

After the draft, training camp is scheduled for Wednesday, September 24. After you get drafted you have a limited window to get into your drafted team's camp, so make sure you get into that.

Also on Wednesday, September 24 is a soft date for the VHLM Dispersal Draft. If you're eligible for that, it'll be a good date to mark on your calender.

VHL Season 40 Celebration is under way! Get your double week MS or GFX credit by doing something related to the history of the league. Check out all the details in the announcement.

In honour of the S40 Celebration, and to look back on some legends in the league some of the newer members may not have seen or heard of, Victor has set up a HoF tournament featuring some of the best players from pre-S18 and post-S18. The two teams will face-off in a best of 7 series for bragging rights. You can get more information on the teams and format here.

But wait, there's more! With such an exciting event, it was decided that the tourney would be using live-action play-by-plays for the games, meaning instead of just reading the index, members will get the chance to practice their best Doc Emerick (or whoever you want to be, I personally like Jim Hughson) impression and get to play-by-play the games of the series. Yours truly will be kicking it off with Game 1, and I encourage all of you to try and claim a game.

Not only is it a lot of fun to be an announcer for a day, but you can also earn TPE (or money as I understand) for doing the PbP! PM or IM Victor for more details, or to sign-up. If you're lost on how to PbP a game, watch for my coverage of Game 1, and you might have a more clear idea of what to expect when doing one, or feel free to PM/IM me and I'll walk you through how I do mine. Sign up before you miss your chance!

Two VHLM teams have new GMs. Ottawa has been taken over by Streetlight, and Jaladolar takes over the duties in Bern. Some fresh blood should be good for these two organizations and we wish them the best of luck in their endeavors.

There have been some rule changes that affect the VHLM. Some of the changes include all teams having a 50 TPE CPU back-up and some free agency adjustments. Check out the full announcment here.

There's a graphic tournament starting up and you have time to get your submissions in for round 3's deadline of September 20. Round 3 is going to be using 'trippy' tactics, so check it out and throw one in. Round 2 voting is already up so go cast votes for who you think has the best grunge sig. You can also vote for Round 3 sigs now.

Finally, the VHLM Draft Lottery was decided, you can find the results (*cough* Bratislava jebus *cough*) in the announcment.

Ok, enough of the boring TPE gaining and announcements!

Media

Here are some media spots and Fan590s I was looking at I thought you guys might find to be funny or a good read.

We have another piece with Ricky Bobby, but this time it's not as funny, as he's contemplating retirement. We hope not to lose this gem of a player, so check out his reasoning.

A piece for the S40 celebration, this piece by Kendrick overviews the top 10 players from the first draft in the league. A great read that will help us understand this league's rich history.

Christopher Klose had an interview where he shared his outlook on his future heading into the VHL Entry Draft. Great to see this storied player's views on his future.

You can check out all the weekly updates in media or fan590s.

Graphics

We'll take a quick look at some signatures. These are all made by users and we think these are really well done and recommend you check them out and other submitted sigs on ideas on how to make your own better.

A great sig done by Kikish, it's very intricately done with a cool flashing effect.

Gorlab's banner submission, it's very well done and should be looked at for the new choice.

Baller's banner submission, also very well done and is bright and nice to look at, another front runner in our opinion for the winner.

There's a ton of sigs in the sig tourney, check it out. You can also vote for your favourite one.

Lots of other that are worth checking out in the graphics section.

Games

lBqBbWC.png

Congratulations to the winners of the S39 VHLM Playoffs, the Ottawa Lynx! :ott:

Here's how the playoffs shook up.

r6zKRVX.png

VHLM Player Spotlight

This week we did an interview with Christopher Klose on his thoughts with the VHL Draft.

Where do you think you'll go in the draft?
I honestly have no idea where I will go in the draft. I am the oldest eligible player, and that might freak some teams out. I think that the Storm's playoff run showed that I am still amped to play this game and make my mark. To answer your question, though, I expect to be selected between 8 and 16.

Have any teams approached you regarding drafting?

A few teams have called me up to ask some questions and things of that nature. I don't want to say who, but I will say that it's odd being on the other side of those calls again.

Do you have any teams you want to go to?

I don't think that it is a secret that I would love to go to Cologne and play in my home country, but I expect that they won't have a pick in that 8-16 range. I am willing to play anywhere but my heart is in Germany.

How do you feel about the draft?

It is strange to admit, but I am a little nervous for the draft. As a GM, I am used to having some control over the draft. It is a bit unnerving to be a player again.

Are you looking forward to another season in the VHLM or are you going to try and push for the team that drafts you this season?

As I said in my interview that was just released, I am not a demanding person, but I am demanding a second season in Oslo. We surprised a lot of people, making the finals, and now it is time to finish the job

Edited by jaladolar