The VHL When I Was 15

Nykonax

The VHL When I Was 15

Woooooo VHL Birthday! I haven't written a media spot in forever, but there's like a million TPE for it so figured it's worth. I joined the VHL on October 6th, 2018. I was just 14, but told everyone I was 15 because I thought that would make some sort of difference in their opinion of me. I quickly realised that was dumb, but I didn't confess. I just kept quiet about my birthday and age until my 16th birthday. So I ended up being 15 for about a year and a half, but no one ever questioned it.

If you ask anyone about me during that time, they'd probably say I was annoying, but not quite as annoying as @Dil. I genuinely don't know how anyone tolerated me back then though when I think of it (though does anyone now?). Looking back at old messages is insane. I tried to find some discord messages of mine, but unfortunately the great general chat nuke of whatever year has gotten rid of them. I'm also no longer in Davos discord but I'm sure whoever is there could find some content.

So let's see what else was going on my 15th birthday. It was Season 66, my 3rd in the VHL and I was playing for the HC Davos Dynamo. On May 10th, 2019 (my birthday), they played twice. Shockingly, they also lost twice. A close 4-3 loss to the Riga Reign, and a 3-1 loss to the Vancouver Wolves. My player, Elias Dogbird, scored 1 goal that today. I was also the GM of the Mexico City Kings in their inaugural season. We played the Houston Bulls and came out on top 4-3. Looking back on that Kings roster, I don't think anyone on it is still active in the league.

On the community side of things, @Enorama wrote a VHL.com article flaming some legendary names like Podrick Cast (not to be confused with future HOFer Codrick Past), Edwin Preencarnacion, and Kallis Kriketers. In the graphics department, I apparently spent my birthday making a beautiful sig, improper sizing and all (fixed for the formatting of this article).

LGh6jng.png

Not to be outdone, @Enorama also released this masterpiece 3 days later:

7pgMTXw.png

It's crazy to think that I joined this league 3 and a half years ago, and even crazier to think that many people have been around longer than me. The fact that the VHL was created when I was 3 years old, and is still open is mindblowing, and I'm sure it's mindblowing to some of the boomers around here. A lot has happened in the time I've been here, including me being probably the most disliked person in the VHL for 3 seasons, a title I'm honored to share with the likes of gorlab and boubabi. A lot has changed over the time I've been here, a lot of people have come and gone, but VHL has consistently given me fun and joy over the years, and who would've thought some little hockey roleplay community I saw on reddit would turn into this. Cheers VHL, I'm looking forward to the next 15 years.

Edited by Nykonax

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

The fact that the VHL was created when I was 3 years old, and is still open is mindblowing, and I'm sure it's mindblowing to some of the boomers around here

It is.