tear gas - Architects

Spartan

Turns out my mom tested positive for COVID so the past couple days has been hectic. It sucks that she's gotten it and is symptomatic, but the timing portion is also the thing that makes us all laugh and seethe as well. In the 2+ years of COVID, not a single one in my family got the 'vid. A week and a half before my mom and I fly internationally and days before my cousins come to NJ to take an international flight, she gets it. The worry is that she recovers and tests negative in order to be able to travel and also that I don't test positive sometime next week, as that'll jeopardize our trip.

From a league side of things, Theme week has certainly produced some interesting content with a decent amount of looks back at the league's history and how things have changed/grown. Pretty neat to see the different experiences and perspectives people have within the league. Everyone really has some sort of unique take which is obvious, no two people will have had the same experiences. But even the massive difference in eras is pretty crazy to read about and covers some stuff that is just difficult to wrap my head around. Mostly stuff about the league when I was literally 7-8 years old.

Moscow still vibing in the EU and apparently now in the league overall. Feel like a decline is inevitable and that we're overperforming but we'll ride this out for as long as possible I suppose. Young guys are putting in the work and it's helping for sure. Papa still best goalie in the league. Nico leading the league in points and tied for goals which is also fun, hoping that he can help carry Helsinki into a top 3 seed to dodge the wild card. Maybe will lead to an MVP nod? Would be cool, back to back players winning MVP's!

2 minutes ago, Enorama said:

songs as topic titles? that's a novel concept

I've done it since Jan but some of your graphics do remind me that when I can't think of a title, I can fall back on whatever song is stuck in my head that week 😄

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Spartan said:
The worry is that she recovers and tests negative in order to be able to travel and also that I don't test positive sometime next week, as that'll jeopardize our trip.

If you can manage it, get a note/letter from your doctor (or nurse) stating that you've recovered from COVID.  We brought those with us to Italy and it did not require us to take tests prior to leaving Europe.  I don't recall us having any issues with testing when going to Italy, outside of providing vaccination documentation.

3 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

If you can manage it, get a note/letter from your doctor (or nurse) stating that you've recovered from COVID.  We brought those with us to Italy and it did not require us to take tests prior to leaving Europe.  I don't recall us having any issues with testing when going to Italy, outside of providing vaccination documentation.

Yeah she will have a follow-up next week anyways where she'll hopefully test negative. I also don't think we need to test before leaving for the US again but at the least, she'll have that documentation of recovering.

Hope you’re mom recovers quick and your trip goes smooth.

Congrats on the success this season with Pearce as well, awesome for my VHFL team 😆

Edited by v.2