The Night a Record Fell

animal74

Well, folks, here we are in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada, where a sell-out crowd just witnessed VHL history being made! The Malmo Nighthawks came to play the Wolves and the last few games have been much-watch television as Malmo power forward Druss Deathwalker crashes his way toward the league record for career hits held since S53 by Zach Perechkin @DollarAndADream with 2769 hits. Deathwalker entered the game with 2767 hits, needing only three to break Perechkin’s 31-season old mark.

Deathwalker really wanted that record because he came out skating like a man possessed! He tied the record before the game was five minutes old with a hit on Wolves’ winger Brian Schmigel @Bigb33 and then broke the record with his 2770th hit on Ryan Li @Ryan Li. But Druss was not done. He had six hits in the first period alone and finished with a game-high of eight to set the new record at 2775 with 21 games left to play. He would also score his 30th and 31st goals of the season, add two assists, and lead all skaters with 11 shots making him the easy selection as the games 1st Star.

So, there you have it. The Hit List has been completed. There is a new Hit King in the VHL and his name is Druss Deathwalker. Long shall he reign!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ff91ba76f8ffdc7384

Never thought I'd see the day! It's a record I've had forever, and one that I was never really trying to get. Just the way the sim goes. Of course, I did have a power forward build in Parechkin, but it's not like I had some mindset of getting that record.

Congrats!