Farewell For Now Reapers!

Masu Chan

hsFH8KkH2vO7zAnqB25hDqxUOSjpPBSummjJF4JRlZ2WZ06yGLJ2D12b72Z-AUVhuLJLCGBeSXZOkZDqYgYWPdnTrfeINOcHUVlNMQCBHb3G2R0EaFBOTA8Bwcr5rnO_anOswnco3IECEuzVmCHHNy4

🎵 One Last Time From The Hamilton Musical Begins Playing 🎵

Good evening VHLers. It took a little while to figure out how I was gonna do this. I kept this sort of secret as I didn’t want to discourage my team during our playoff run but I have been planning this since early this season. As some of you may know, I am the Current GM of the Philadelphia Reapers. I joined this league nearly a year ago and ever since then I’ve been part of Reaper management as I was named AGM very early into my very first VHLM season.

The Reapers have made the playoff each of the five seasons I was with the team which I am very proud of. I think I’ve helped grow a bunch of players around the league and inspired some of the newer management in the VHLM. There’s a lot of talent in that league and it’s only going to continue to grow.

Now let me clarify, I am not going anywhere, I am going to be a very active member of the league again and focus on growing my player to be one of the best in the league.
This brings me to my next point. At the beginning of this season, I thought of stepping down due to a bunch of technical issues I was experiencing. The issues have cleared up and I was able to get through this entire season without my computer acting up.

Though I have decided to officially step down as GM of the Reapers and someone will take my spot at the start of this off-season. As I have said I have been with the team for Five seasons now as part of management and we haven’t been able to claim the trophy yet. I believe I have left the team in decent enough shape and maybe with someone new at the helm, they will be able to bring this team to glory in the next few seasons.

This team is easily my favorite VHLM team. I remember my first Junior Showcase Tournament I was hoping to be drafted by a Canadian team the entire time. But Alex (Who was GM of the Reapers at the time) saw something in me and decided to spend a draft pick on my character. I quickly grew to love this team and respect all the players that played alongside me. I may return to the Reapers management one day, but for now, I wish to try my hand at AGM-ing in the big leagues. Not sure which team I will be AGM-ing for yet but I hope to make an early impact and learn a few tricks before I return to GM-ing.

GOOD LUCK REAPERS! Remember, once a Reaper, Always a Reaper!

SHOUTOUT TO:

First off I'd like to thank @Alex for teaching me how to GM and taking a chance on me in the VHLM Draft. Alex is a big part of why I got as far as I did in this league and got me interested in GM-ing in the first place.

@badcolethetitan for being an amazing AGM for my first two seasons as GM. I wish the Kings a long playoff run! They are lucky to have you.

@Berocka for helping me out this season as my AGM. Sorry we didn’t get to spend more time with one another but if you decide to stay on as Reaper AGM I'm sure you'll do great things with the team. Thank you for assisting me this season!

@Lilpfigher for being an amazing Goalie during my first season as a GM as well as being the first player I choose to Captain the Reapers.

@TeeJay11 for being the first ever draft selection I made as GM and wearing an ‘A’ on their jersey that season.

@Wiley for picking my team to be the starter when we desperately needed a goalie

@Eb14 for being my current starter, we wouldn’t have finished as high in the standings without their effort this season

@Jubis for coming in clutch near the end of the season and getting us a playoff win this season. They also provided great encouragement in our locker room after each game

@Webberj for wearing a letter on their jersey the last two seasons and leading the Reapers in scoring for both those seasons. There's no other player I'd rather have as a Captain of my team, thank you for all your hard work!

@Creegan610 for not only being one of the biggest steals I have drafted but also providing a great bonus to locker room morale and showing insane dedication to the Reapers! They were always contending for a C on their jersey and definitely deserve one soon!

There were many great people that made GM-ing a fun experience, and I probably missed a few people to give shoutouts to, but Thank you to everyone that wore the Reaper Jersey throughout the last five seasons. It was an honor to have you on the team and I wish you all luck in the future!

-Your GM, Mason Jones aka Masu Chan

Not sure If I’d feel comfortable claiming this but I might as well try!
753 Words
August 8th 2022

Thanks for teaching me when I was your AGM! It’s always sad to see a fellow friend step down, and Philly will miss you for sure. No more rivalry games between the Kings and the Reapers :(. Regardless, you did a fantastic job and we can now win the cup on Davos together!