Spoilers: House of the dragon

Dom

Since this show will be airing for 10 weeks and it is already starting strong let’s make a thread where we can safely talk about it. 

If you are not updated on the show pr game of throne, i advise you to not read that thread.

I am pleased so far. I thought the violence was a bit gratuitous, but I suppose that’s to be expected at this point. So far it seems like it’s been a good compromise of pleasing the book needs and actually telling a decent story, while still appealing to as broad of an audience as possible.

I also feel like they’ve gone a solid job of establishing the greyness of the characters

Edited by JardyB10

It already looks like we will have a pretty big heir mess. The king seems good for once but that infection in his back will most likely kill him and that girl who went in his chamber could get pregnant of a boy.

Princess Rhaenyra Is that bitch, love her already.

Daemon is going to be an interesting character. Badass armor and sword, has no problem serving justice on a plate, I like it. 

Very intrigued about the political alignments and House Hightower’s true intentions.

King Viserys doubled down and lost big time, heart wrenching scene. 

Not sure if anyone noticed but the jousting arena was shaped intentionally like a vagina to symbolize the birth that was taking place during the tournament.

35 minutes ago, Dom said:

Funny how everything looks so much more expensive and well designed 173 years before GOT though. Backward upgrades.

I think the idea is that this is supposed to be Westeros at its most rich and powerful so everything is supposed to be more expensive and colorful.

I’d say Otto’s got a bit more Tywin vibes, but he’s definitely a scheming overreaching shithead.

This was such a good episode, so much tension and steady escalation. The dragons’ presence was so badass in the Dragonstone scene.

The character building has also been so good, you can see all the layers and layers of tragedy starting to build. I like that they decided to make Rhaenyra and Alicent besties/schoolgirl crushes for the show, I can already start to see the path of conflict between the two as they get older.

I’M HYPED

On 8/22/2022 at 12:46 PM, JardyB10 said:

I thought the violence was a bit gratuitous, but I suppose that’s to be expected at this point

This was definitely a bit jarring. I feel like TV in general has kinda moved off the extremely gorey violence (or at least, what I've been consuming) and even the brothel scenes. It's weird to say, because it was so prevalent in GOT, but I definitely forgot what it was like watching a show set in Westeros lol.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:36 PM, Dom said:

Funny how everything looks so much more expensive and well designed 173 years before GOT though. Backward upgrades.

Also the fact that Corlys is part of the small council, seems like going into the future had Westeros fall further into the past. Obviously, it makes sense why these differences are here, but still a bit odd to think about when this is nearly two centuries before GOT.

21 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I’d say Otto’s got a bit more Tywin vibes, but he’s definitely a scheming overreaching shithead.

This was such a good episode, so much tension and steady escalation. The dragons’ presence was so badass in the Dragonstone scene.

The character building has also been so good, you can see all the layers and layers of tragedy starting to build. I like that they decided to make Rhaenyra and Alicent besties/schoolgirl crushes for the show, I can already start to see the path of conflict between the two as they get older.

I’M HYPED

I'm definitely intrigued by the Rhaenyra/Alicent relationship. Tons of room for conflict, and I think they're clearly setting up for Alicent to birth a son either just before, or shortly after Viserys' death (btw, I felt weird seeing him on screen in this role and finally realized why, if you watch Peaky Blinders, he's in S3 and plays a VERY different character lol), and you have to think she's going to want her son on the throne. Also, grown up Alicent being played by Olivia Cooke is 🤌

Definitely enjoying the fuck outta it so far and excited to see where it goes

55 minutes ago, Quik said:

btw, I felt weird seeing him on screen in this role and finally realized why, if you watch Peaky Blinders, he's in S3 and plays a VERY different character lol

Yeah apparently the dude’s got range:

hot fuzz mustache GIF

• 1 month later...

what. a. show! brilliant. I loved it every second. 9.5/10. not 10 because of the pacing issues. And imagine this was just the build up for the Dance! the madness is just starting.

Dragons dragons dragons gimme more dragons!

The shot of Daemon in the Dragonmont singing in Valyrian and Vermithor lighting the room with fire was AWESOME