Jardy's Nodesode #29: Is Alex a Big Fat Cheater!?

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

CONTROVERSY IN EUROPE!

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Nodesode-29-Is-Alex-a-Big-Fat-Cheater-e1n2tuq

In this little episode, I give my FULLY EDUCATED AND CORRECT take on a trade that the Riga Reign and the HC Davos Dynamo made this off-season.

Mentions:

@Alex @hedgehog337

Don't worry, the effort to pull the intro in was worth it!

"8:53 AM in the trade section" - Da Trifecta in shambles trying to figure out what that is in his timezone!

I wonder if, had GMs having players were mandatory and were consistently towards the top end of earning, that a case could be made for making a 1st the minimum offer a GM had to make to acquire their player through trade? I also still think there could have been a change that could have been made to the draft your GM player with a 1st rule instead of just binning it that could have made that fair value as well.

Good stuff Jardy!

Edited by MubbleFubbles

32 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Don't worry, the effort to pull the intro in was worth it!

"8:53 AM in the trade section" - Da Trifecta in shambles trying to figure out what that is in his timezone!

I wonder if, had GMs having players were mandatory and were consistently towards the top end of earning, that a case could be made for making a 1st the minimum offer a GM had to make to acquire their player through trade? I also still think there could have been a change that could have been made to the draft your GM player with a 1st rule instead of just binning it that could have made that fair value as well.

Good stuff Jardy!

I think policing GM player trade value would be a bit tedious. Rather, I’m generally fine with GMs doing their thing, as long as they’re not deliberately trying to ruin a team for the lulz. Wins and losses of deals are subjective, and I don’t necessarily agree with restricting them all that much.

But I can only imagine the outrage if a trade like this happened and Johnston had like 3+ seasons remaining! Or even just 2 for that matter.

Just to add a bit of little known context, my previous contract was up last offseason. I signed a 1+1 contract with Hedge so that they could at least get something for my player instead of just going to FA in the S84 offseason.

This offseason, I actually pitched a situation wherein I declined my option and signed a 1 season contract with an NTC (so I could have a say where I went) with Riga for the purposes of being flipped at the TDL to recover assets. 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Just to add a bit of little known context, my previous contract was up last offseason. I signed a 1+1 contract with Hedge so that they could at least get something for my player instead of just going to FA in the S84 offseason.

This offseason, I actually pitched a situation wherein I declined my option and signed a 1 season contract with an NTC (so I could have a say where I went) with Riga for the purposes of being flipped at the TDL to recover assets. 

WELL DIDN'T THAT WORK OUT JUST NICE FOR YOU