Town of Pallet #2

Ptyrell

Here is the official ruling on @Ricer13 visiting Johto and getting a Johto exclusive Pokemon on day 1.

For most roles I'd probably say this is no big deal and just move on as it is unlikely to have a major effect on the game. After all there aren't any barriers to trainers trading for region exclusive pokemon with other trainers.

Since Ricer is a Rival though, this potentially will have an impact on his Rival and the mini-pokedex competition between them. So I am awarding @McWolf 1 free visit to a Johto area, and telling Ricer to stay in Kanto from now on.

If you have any questions or complaints, feel free to message me on Discord.

4 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

You see an Eevee playing with some poisonous bois

Eevee 17
Koffing 15
Ekans 18

I saw this before you edited in the table and was like "wait what"

Buy 2 Great Balls. Throw my Pokeball at Eevee first, and Great Balls after if it misses.

If I catch Eevee:

Flareon with Fire Blast on Ekans

Ralts with Confusion on Koffing; Poliwag with Water Gun as backup

If I somehow don't:

Flareon with Fire Blast on Ekans and Eevee; use Ralts/Poliwag as backup but I don't think it will come to that.

Same deal with Koffing as above

Action 5: Explore Mt. Moon

After a luxurious 36 hour nap, James is finally ready to get rolling! And by rolling I mean rolling on his new sweet ride.

First he heads to the Team Rocket drug dealer to buy a Max Repel for the day. He also buys 5 greatballs and 1 pokeball.

Now it's time to take a ride on Route 1!

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

You find:

Horsea lv 18

Cutiefly lv 20

Pidgey lv 19

How you find a Pidgey with a fishing rod, I have no idea, but it happens nonetheless.

That little shit was trying to eat my bait.

I'll start by leading Magnemite against Horsea. It will spam Spark until it dies.

Next it will take on the Pidgey. If Magnemite falls, I will send out Weavile to Ice Beam it to oblivion.

Against Cutiefly, I'll have Koffing spam Sludge against it. (Either Magnemite will make it this far and immediately die, or Weavile will make it here and swap to Koffing)

2.3. We will challenge Brock with a team of

Lv. 21 Charmeleon

Lv. 19 Alakazam

Lv. 21 Victreebel

Charmeleon will start it off with Surf until it dies.

Alakazam wil pick up where it left with Psychic until it dies.

I suppose at least the Rhyhorn is down at this point.

If Victreebel arrives against Graveler, use Leaf Blade.

When Victreebel is up against Onix – whether it went through Graveler first or not – use Knock Off on the first turn to delete its item in case it has one, then use Leaf Blade.

Edited by McWolf

58 minutes ago, dlamb said:

Buy a Soothe Bell and give to Riolu.

Catch Horsea first, then Grubbin with Great Balls. Fuck 'em up if unsuccessful.

Riolu Metal Claw on Cutiefly. 

Grubbin lv 20

Horsea lv 19

Cutiefly lv 20

You buy a Soothe Bell and Riolu seems to really like it! It clings tightly to it for the rest of the day.. (probably my favorite item I added btw so I'm glad to see it be bought)

You prep your really great balls for the Grubbin and Horsea. Catch rate is very high for these two with a greatball, and you get them both on the first try!

But not that damn fly though. Those things are a nusiance! Riolu destroys it and gains 2 levels. You gain $111.11, but you round down for charity.

30 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

That little shit was trying to eat my bait.

I'll start by leading Magnemite against Horsea. It will spam Spark until it dies.

Next it will take on the Pidgey. If Magnemite falls, I will send out Weavile to Ice Beam it to oblivion.

Against Cutiefly, I'll have Koffing spam Sludge against it. (Either Magnemite will make it this far and immediately die, or Weavile will make it here and swap to Koffing)

Horsea lv 18

Cutiefly lv 20

Pidgey lv 19

It goes just as you say. Magnemite takes out the first two and gains 6 levels. Then Koffing takes out Cutiefly and gains 2 levels. You sell the pidgey feathers for $267.

(For the record @Gustav , Pidgey was on the banks eating bugs next to the water. You saw it while you were fishing.)

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

I saw this before you edited in the table and was like "wait what"

Buy 2 Great Balls. Throw my Pokeball at Eevee first, and Great Balls after if it misses.

If I catch Eevee:

Flareon with Fire Blast on Ekans

Ralts with Confusion on Koffing; Poliwag with Water Gun as backup

If I somehow don't:

Flareon with Fire Blast on Ekans and Eevee; use Ralts/Poliwag as backup but I don't think it will come to that.

Same deal with Koffing as above

Action 5: Explore Mt. Moon

OKAY FIRST OF ALL, you technically should be shopping before seeing your encounter. But since you're a lame ass noob and are helpful and shit WE LET IT SLIDE FOR FIRST TIME OFFENDERS. There's fortunately a great ball vending machine nearby and there happens to be two left, lucky you!

Your Pokeball fails, just like most of your relationships. You manage to capture the Eevee with your very first Great Ball, however.

Your first order of business is showing the young Eevee how old Eevee do. Flareon picks a fight with Ekans, and incinerates it immediately.

Hilariously, Koffing then Self-Destructs in retaliation! Flareon doesn't want anything to do with that, so it tags in Ralts. Koffing takes a crack at the newcomer...

But it just uses Assurance! Ralts is then able to use a Confusion for the easy knockout.

Flareon gains 1 level to reach Level 25.5, while Ralts gets 3 levels from the 'splodey Koffing and reaches Level 19. The Koffing actually contained cashes prizes on its insides and you pick up $248!

---------

Proceeding onward to Mt. Moon, you can't help but feel a warmth as you enter the cave. In fact, it's a little bit TOO warm. You look over to see a Ponyta standing there, eating wild mushrooms. A warm creature indeed, but the heat doesn't seem to be emanating from that...

Suddenly there's a rumbling! The ground beneath you is shaking, and it seems like the whole cave is in a panic.

*CRASH!*

An Onix appears before you! But it's not interested in you? It seems to be fleeing! But from what?

That's when you finally look up and see it.

The legendary bird, Moltres.

5e2d62f5d1d721bad94a245102c58bab.gif

Ponyta 19
Moltres 30
Onix 20

3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Hyper Crush begins to play on your new Radio Card, and you feel inspired to FUCKING RAGE.

Equipped with glow sticks and molly you park your bicycle down by the lake. In the lake there's a Horsea wearing Kanye West-style glasses and using a pacifier. Above it is a Cutiefly bobbing uncontrollably, its body strobing to the beat of your Radio Card. You step toward the party and nearly crush a Grubbin, who's simply gently pincing its little mandibles or whatever. Much less cool looking, to say the least.

Horsea 16
Cutiefly 19
Grubbin 16

Grubbin uses Bug bite on Horsea until it dies

Zorua uses Slash on Cutiefly until it dies 

Grubbin uses Bug bite on Grubbin until it dies

if anything Grubbin or Zorua fails have Axew finish them off with Slash

14 minutes ago, Ptyrell said:

Horsea lv 18

Cutiefly lv 20

Pidgey lv 19

It goes just as you say. Magnemite takes out the first two and gains 6 levels. Then Koffing takes out Cutiefly and gains 2 levels. You sell the pidgey feathers for $267.

(For the record @Gustav , Pidgey was on the banks eating bugs next to the water. You saw it while you were fishing.)

Beautiful! I'm glad Horsea cooperated there. I need just a little bit more good fortune here now!

Jessie, being bothered by mosquitoes while she's trying to enjoy the Lake, decides to take out some regular old insect Repellent that she totally bought previously for $150 (Items like these really are expensive in Asia). She will then continue to explore the Lake of Rage.

Action 2: Explore Lake of Rage

1 hour ago, Ptyrell said:

After a luxurious 36 hour nap, James is finally ready to get rolling! And by rolling I mean rolling on his new sweet ride.

First he heads to the Team Rocket drug dealer to buy a Max Repel for the day. He also buys 5 greatballs and 1 pokeball.

Now it's time to take a ride on Route 1!

OH YOU HAVE A MAX REPEL DO YOU? I'll totally remember that for all your future actions. 🤪

James gives ALL his hard earned money to this very successful street pharmacist in exchange for the Max Repel, the balls, and a crisp $10 bill.

Armed with confidence, swagger, and a poisonous balloon, he rides his sick wheels to the mean streets of Route 1, looking for some quality critters to add to his inventory.

As he arrives, he scans the grass for his quarry, lining up the contestants like a dating gameshow from the '90s.

Contestant #1 is Bellsprout! She has a slender figure and moves like the wind, and with a gaping mouth like that, you know she's always up for a good time. 😏

Contestant #2 is Cutiefly! Cutie is right in this thing's name! When this bug isn't struggling to get her college degree, she's giving potential suitor's her Draining Kiss, if you know what I mean ;) .

Finally, Contestant #3 is Bulbasaur! Bulbasaur is not only #1 in the Pokedex, but #1 in the hearts of many. She hopes to start a family one day, and could be Leeching Seed from you in the very near future.

So James, who's it gonna be!?

Bellsprout 20
Cutiefly 20
Bulbasaur 20

28 minutes ago, McWolf said:

2.3. We will challenge Brock with a team of

Lv. 21 Charmeleon

Lv. 19 Alakazam

Lv. 21 Victreebel

Charmeleon will start it off with Surf until it dies.

Alakazam wil pick up where it left with Psychic until it dies.

I suppose at least the Rhyhorn is down at this point.

If Victreebel arrives against Graveler, use Leaf Blade.

When Victreebel is up against Onix – whether it went through Graveler first or not – use Knock Off on the first turn to delete its item in case it has one, then use Leaf Blade.

It took you a day, but you made it to Pewter City. Time to challenge the gym leader and earn your first badge! And of course Ash is nowhere to be seen. Everyone knows that Gary is the one who gets the badges FIRST.

Inside the gym, some random guy tries to give you some advice at the door but you quickly blow by him. There are some other trainers inside the gym working out their geodudes. They obviously would be a waste of your time so you take the long way around some boulders and avoid their gaze. Until in the back of the gym you see him. BROCK.

You walk up behind him and hear him say...

brock GIF

What is this nonsense? You stare at him and announce, "I'm here to battle you!"

He turns around slowly. "Oh hello. Sorry I was just working on some new strategies to defeat water Pokemon. You wouldn't believe the audacity of people to come in here with WATER pokemon to fight me and the double type weakness! It is just plain disrespectful! But I see you haven't brought any water pokemon, so I can respect that. Go Rhyhorn! Use Drill Run!"

You don't bother suppressing a smile as you start giving your commands. "Charmeleon! Surf!"

A giant wave appears out of nowhere and crashes on the Rhyhorn...

Spoiler

It is Ultra effective, but Rhyhorn survives with 18 HP!

Rhyhorn uses another Drill Run and Charmeleon goes down.

Brock looks furious. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

Ignoring him, you send out Alakazam. It takes out the Rhyhorn.

Next up is Graveler. Graveler sizes up the skinny looking Alakazam and uses...

Spoiler

Self Destruct!

Alakazam goes down, but Graveler is still standing with 20 HP!

(Maybe I should rename it Explosion so it makes slightly more sense)

You roll your eyes and send out Victreebel!

Victreebel takes out Graveler with Leaf Blade and does a whopping 123 damage!

"Don't worry," Brock declares. "I've saved the best for last!"

Onix comes out and uses Dig. It does a modest amount of damage. After it tries to eat some leftover spaghetti, but it is already full HP.

Victreebel is disgusted by the Spaghetti and knocks it away from Onix!

Enraged, Onix uses Dig again...

Spoiler

Victreebel survives with 19 HP!

Victreebel sends out a Leaf Blade attack...

Spoiler

Onix goes down!

🎉You've defeated Brock!🎉

Ironically, water begins pouring out of his eyes.

Sad Pokemon GIF

Alakazam gains 4 levels

Victreebel gains 8 levels

3 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

OH YOU HAVE A MAX REPEL DO YOU? I'll totally remember that for all your future actions. 🤪

James gives ALL his hard earned money to this very successful street pharmacist in exchange for the Max Repel, the balls, and a crisp $10 bill.

Armed with confidence, swagger, and a poisonous balloon, he rides his sick wheels to the mean streets of Route 1, looking for some quality critters to add to his inventory.

As he arrives, he scans the grass for his quarry, lining up the contestants like a dating gameshow from the '90s.

Contestant #1 is Bellsprout! She has a slender figure and moves like the wind, and with a gaping mouth like that, you know she's always up for a good time. 😏

Contestant #2 is Cutiefly! Cutie is right in this thing's name! When this bug isn't struggling to get her college degree, she's giving potential suitor's her Draining Kiss, if you know what I mean ;) .

Finally, Contestant #3 is Bulbasaur! Bulbasaur is not only #1 in the Pokedex, but #1 in the hearts of many. She hopes to start a family one day, and could be Leeching Seed from you in the very near future.

So James, who's it gonna be!?

Bellsprout 20
Cutiefly 20
Bulbasaur 20

Excited In Love GIF

James can't believe his eyes! Why pick just ONE?

First throw greatballs at Bulbasaur. Ultra ball if needed

Then throw pokeballs at Bellsprout. 

Then use Bulbasaur to attack the remaining succubug using vine whip

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Grubbin uses Bug bite on Horsea until it dies

Zorua uses Slash on Cutiefly until it dies 

Grubbin uses Bug bite on Grubbin until it dies

if anything Grubbin or Zorua fails have Axew finish them off with Slash

Grubbin gets bug bitin' and turns Horsea into some grub!

It moves on to the enemy Grubbin, and they have a Grub off! Unfortunately, your little bug was a BIT too weakened to get the job done, though it was a near thing. Axew picks up the slack and finishes it off.

Next, you swap in Zorua to take on the Cutiefly. It's a tough matchup, as Cutiefly's moves are super effective against Zorua! Cutiefly opens with a Struggle Bug, which Zorua cops. Zorua hits back with a hard-hitting Slash, but it's not enough and Zorua goes down to another Struggle Bug. Axew once again enters and mops up with its own Slash.

Grubbin gains two levels, and evolves!

pokemon-charjabug.gif

You now have a Level 20 Charjabug. Axew grew by two to level 24. You sell Grubbins leftover husk for $276.

34 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Beautiful! I'm glad Horsea cooperated there. I need just a little bit more good fortune here now!

Jessie, being bothered by mosquitoes while she's trying to enjoy the Lake, decides to take out some regular old insect Repellent that she totally bought previously for $150 (Items like these really are expensive in Asia). She will then continue to explore the Lake of Rage.

Action 2: Explore Lake of Rage

Insect repellent is all the rage these days. But this $150 cheap knock off doesn't seem to work nearly as well as the fancier version you got yesterday?! There's still bugs all over the place!

A level 20 Grubbin flies around your head

A level 20 Wooloo starts licking your shoe

A level 20 Poliwag just stares at you with curiosity.

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

Last action of day 2 for me: Exploring Cerulean Cave with my surfin' Charmeleon

While surfing on your Chameleon, you see you are not the only one cruising on the cavey waters.

original pokemon GIF

Yes, its a very bright cave.

Let us know what you want to do with these little critters: 

Pichu 19
Lapras 16
Exeggcute 18