Ptyrell

5 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

Jolteon use THunder on Riolu. 

Riolu use double kick on Geodude. 

Riolu also use Double kick on Swinub and Eevee finish it off with swift

Geodude 15
Swinub 15
Riolu 18

You send out your Jolteon against the lowly Riolu and order it to send out a mighty Thunder on its opponent. Jolteon moves first because of its unnatural speed, and kills the Riolu in a single hit.

Pokemonswordshield Eating GIF by Pokémon

Geodude comes out of hiding and throws a rock at Jolteon before you call it back. It makes good use of the time you take to juggle with your poké balls, and launches another rock straight at your own Riolu, the second it comes out of hiding. Riolu is unfazed, and starts chaining double kicks until the Geodude bites the dust.

Riolu wastes no time and starts charging the Swinub directly. It takes two Icy Winds, but its Double Kicks are too much for the frail ice type and it soons joins its wild brothers in death, or faintness, or whatever you want to call it.

Punch Fighting GIF by Pokémon

It turns out the trio were a known group of thiefs wanted for serious crimes around Johto. You don't want to go through the hassle of calling Officer Jenny and having to go through the whole police process involved, so you just take the $304 they had previously stolen from a poor old lady in Goldenrod City and run away with it.

Jolteon grows from Lv.20 to Lv.22.

Riolu grows from Lv. 18 to Lv.20.

6 minutes ago, Ptyrell said:

In the mountains, you find a bunch of rocks.. go figure! Oh and also a ghost.

Onix 15
Geodude 16
Gastly 18

Bellsprout Vine Whip's Geodude

Scyther Wing Attacks Gastly

Pokeballs then great balls on Onix until capture

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Having botched some preparations, Jessie eyes down the shiny new Battle Tower.

Action 3: Battle Tower (Level 24)

Time to test out if this Battle Tower is truly operational!

You are matched up with an old Hiker. "Even though I'm retired, I do this to feel young again!" He uses a cane to walk up to the battlefield. His Pokemon in random order will be...

Gastly
Onix
Ponyta

9 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Bellsprout Vine Whip's Geodude

Scyther Wing Attacks Gastly

Pokeballs then great balls on Onix until capture

Onix 15
Geodude 16
Gastly 18

You catch onix on the 4th throw.

Bellsprout turns Geodude into a pile of pebbles and gains 3 levels!

Scyther proves he was worth the trouble and takes out gastly for 2 levels.

You gain $189

7 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Action 1: Go on patrol.

Action 2: Another one!

Buy a Bicycle.

Action 3-5: Explore Goldenrod City

Hard work and dedication earn you $1247

In order you find...

Meowth 19
Mimikyu 15
Eevee 20

Eevee 19
Axew 17
Riolu

Magnemite 19
Magnemite 18
Elekid 20

5 hours ago, Gustav said:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

IT'S A FIRE TYPE TOO

THROW EVERY BALL I HAVE AT MOLTRES, STARTING FROM LEAST EFFECTIVE AND GOING THROUGH MOST. I WISH I HAD MORE AND I DON'T CARE IF I LOSE THEM ALL

IF I somehow manage to catch Moltres:

-Be very happy

-Poliwag/Water Gun on Ponyta with Flareon/Fire Blast as backup

-Ralts/Confusion on Onix with Flareon/Fire Blast as backup

IF I don't:

-Be very sad

-Same stuff as above with Ponyta/Onix

-Use the three above with the moves listed (except change Flareon to Bite) on Moltres

Ponyta 19
Moltres 30
Onix 20 

You summon all the courage that lies within you, which really isn't all that much. You look in your bag and assess your Poké Ball inventory: 2 Great Balls, 1 Ultra Ball. Yikes.

Moltres looks at you, notice you taking the first Great Ball out of your bag, and starts flying straight up. You're so anxious that you barely notice the immense gap this creates between the two of you and you vastly underthrow it.

You pick up your second Great Ball, stretch your arm for a couple of seconds, thinking you'll be able to add more strength to your throw this time, but you're still way short.

You sigh, you already feel defeated. You know you have no chance, you know you're not worth this Moltres, but you have to give it a try anyway. And you have an idea that might help you. You pick up three small rocks, and put them on the ground next to each other, in the shape of a triangle. You put the Ultra Ball on top of them. You take a couple steps back, and two steps sideways. You breathe in, and in one seamless movement, you run up to the ball and kick it towards the Moltres.

You worked so hard to get here. The whole team worked so hard to get here. All for this exact moment, where everything could change. At this point in time, you're sure the kick is perfect, you're sure it'll hit Moltres right in its smug freaking face. The whole sequence plays in slow motion in your brain. The ball flying through the air, straight up... and then the wind blows sideways... and the ball shifts slightly.

Spoiler

And the kick is wide right. The New York Giants are your Super Bowl XXV Champions! I'm sorry Gus.

WIDE RIGHT GIF | Gfycat

You feel defeated, but all is not lost. You send out your Poliwag against the wild Ponyta. Despite the clear type advantage, Ponyta easily disposes of your Poliwag with two Flamethrowers. Your Flareon jumps in and revenge kills the Ponyta with Fire Blast. You call back Flareon, and send Ralts, who gets hit with one nasty... Dragon Breath from the Onix. Guess the wild pokémons aren't aware of type immunities. And they're not smart either; the large rock snake proceeds to spit Dragon Breath on your Ralts two more times before switching to a more efficient move - Dig. It only takes two before the tiny fairy goes down. It didn't stand a chance. Luckily, your Flareon is still ready to jump back and finish it with Fire Blast.

And we're down to a final showdown of fire-type Pokémons, though one has a decent strength and level advantage over the other. Mabe the dices will roll in your favour.

Spoiler

They don't. Moltres beats your Flareon with one Fire Blast and one Hurricane. I don't think there's any scenario here where you manage to beat it, honestly.

Moltres is ecstatic, and to thank you for the fun afternoon you both spent together, it leaves you $250. You didn't get to capture or beat the legendary Pokémon, but something much more important happened today: you made a friend. You say goodbye to the giant bird as it flies in the distance, and you jump on your bike, going as fast as you can in the direction of the nearest Pokémon Center with your trusty teammates. Today didn't end like you wanted it to end, but your Flareon did grow by 1.5 levels, from Lv. 25.5 up to Lv. 27, so that's something.

Flying Moltres | Rising Star !! - Imgflip

Edited by McWolf

12 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

You decide to go explore the city of rods for some shiny new Pokemon and find 3 that fit the bill!

Elekid 16
Eevee 18
Magnemite 20

Start with Great Balls, then if necessary an Ultra Ball on the Eevee.

For the Elekid, start with Ultra Balls, then Great Balls if necessary.

Machop uses Mach Punch on the Magnemite. Should it fall, have Cutiefly finish it with Draining Kiss.

If Elekid isn't caught, have Wooloo use Slam on it. Again use Cutiefly to finish with Draining Kiss if necessary. 

5 minutes ago, Spartan said:

2.4 Explore Mt. Moon again please

You go spelunking but don't find any pokemon??? Where'd they go?

In the corner of your eye you see a shimmering light. You're starting to get really spooked...

Suddenly you are staring at...

Litwick 17
Litwick 18
Gastly 16

Just now, Ptyrell said:

You go spelunking but don't find any pokemon??? Where'd they go?

In the corner of your eye you see a shimmering light. You're starting to get really spooked...

Suddenly you are staring at...

Litwick 17
Litwick 18
Gastly 16

Scyther Wing Attack on Gastly

Gastly Pursuit on lvl 17 Litwick

Pokeballs on lvl 18 Litwick until capture

2 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

Throw pokeballs at magikarp and pidgey. Then squirtle use water gun on grubbin

Then buy a greatball. Use Rare Candy on magikarp. And explore rt 1 w max Repel on

Magikarp 20
Grubbin 20
Pidgey 20

Both the Magikarp and the Pidgey are caught on the first ball. Discount captures right here.

Or maybe you rigged the sheet before I used it to proc your captures...

You send your Squirtle againt the Wild Grubbin. It takes four Water Guns, and it tanks a couple of bites, both of the bug and the regular variety, but it gets the job done. You gain $83 for the fight, and Squirtle grows from Lv. 20 to Lv. 22, evolving into a mighty Wartortle in the process.

wartortle

You buy a Great Ball, leaving you with exactly $10. You use your Rare Candy on the freshly caught Magikarp and in turn, it evolves into a majestic Gyarados.

9 Gyarados (Pokémon) Gifs - Gif Abyss

And here are your encounters for your 3rd action:

Pichu 18
Pichu 15
Pidgey 17

(you didn't have a Max Repel, and no cash for it, so no Lv. 20s)

Edited by McWolf

15 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Start with Great Balls, then if necessary an Ultra Ball on the Eevee.

For the Elekid, start with Ultra Balls, then Great Balls if necessary.

Machop uses Mach Punch on the Magnemite. Should it fall, have Cutiefly finish it with Draining Kiss.

If Elekid isn't caught, have Wooloo use Slam on it. Again use Cutiefly to finish with Draining Kiss if necessary. 

Elekid 16
Eevee 18
Magnemite 20

Eevee is yours in 1 throw

Elekid takes 2!

Machop takes out the Magnemite thanks to nabbing first strike with Mach Punch!

Machop gains 3 levels. You gain $136

13 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Magikarp 20
Grubbin 20
Pidgey 20

Both the Magikarp and the Pidgey are caught on the first ball. Discount captures right here.

Or maybe you rigged the sheet before I used it to proc your captures...

You send your Squirtle againt the Wild Grubbin. It takes four Water Guns, and it tanks a couple of bites, both of the bug and the regular variety, but it gets the job done. You gain $83 for the fight, and Squirtle grows from Lv. 20 to Lv. 22, evolving into a mighty Wartortle in the process.

wartortle

You buy a Great Ball, leaving you with exactly $10. You use your Rare Candy on the freshly caught Magikarp and in turn, it evolves into a majestic Gyarados.

9 Gyarados (Pokémon) Gifs - Gif Abyss

And here are your encounters for your 3rd action:

Pichu 18
Pichu 15
Pidgey 17

(you didn't have a Max Repel, and no cash for it, so no Lv. 20s)

I used a Max Repel at the beginning of the day.

I was thinking about catching one... but I think instead I'll just have Gyarados Hydro Pump them all.

Then buy 2 greatballs

Last action, route 1 again with Repel on

1 hour ago, Ptyrell said:

Time to test out if this Battle Tower is truly operational!

You are matched up with an old Hiker. "Even though I'm retired, I do this to feel young again!" He uses a cane to walk up to the battlefield. His Pokemon in random order will be...

Gastly
Onix
Ponyta

Okie, time for some maybe overly complicated directions:

Koffing will lead.

- If Onix leads, try to use Assurance twice, then self-destruct. Then send out Magnemite.

- If Ponyta leads, spam Sludge until Koffing goes down. Magnemite will enter next.

- If Gastly leads, spam Assurance. Immediately self-destruct on whoever follows.

- If Ponyta follows Gastly, send Magnemite for the revenge kill, then immediately switch to Weavile to take on the Onix, where he will spam Knock Off*.

- If Onix follows Gastly, then Magnemite will stay and fight.

Magnemite will only use Spark on Ponyta and Gastly, and Gyro Ball on Onix

Weavile will use Dark Pulse on Gastly,and Ice Beam on Onix (with the exception of a Gastly -> Ponyta -> Onix battle*).

- If it's going 2nd against Ponyta, it will use Revenge. If it's going 1st, it will use Dark Pulse.

OKAY HAVE FUN

1 hour ago, McWolf said:

@ctots and I will exchange Pumpkaboos.

You and @ctots take your pumpkins to the county pumpkin competition. Both pumpkins look the exact same and tie for 3rd. Confused yourselves, you take the wrong pumpkins home! Upset at not winning, both pumpkins evolve into Gourgeist!

Sleepy Hollow Fire GIF by filmeditor

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Scyther Wing Attack on Gastly

Gastly Pursuit on lvl 17 Litwick

Pokeballs on lvl 18 Litwick until capture

Litwick 17
Litwick 18
Gastly 16

It takes you 8 tries to catch the Litwick. Guess you used your luck on the Zapdos!

Scyther takes out Gastly but Litwick beats your own Gastly and has 38 HP left!

Scyther gains 1 level and you gain $104. Who do you want to take out the Litwick?