Town of Pallet #2

Ptyrell

7 hours ago, McWolf said:

let's go for group B

Master Ball Mewtwo in the face.

Charmeleon Surf on Rhyhorn, Flamethrower on Smoochum. If needed, Pichu can try to do its best.

Using your masterball you catch Mewtwo!!!

Rhyhorn moves first against Charmeleon and uses drill run! Charmeleon counters with Sury, Rhyhorn has 10hp left! Rhyhorn uses drill run again taking out Charmeleon!

You send out Pichu, Pichu uses quick attack, it does 7 damage, Rhyhorn counters with another Drill run which defeat Pichu...

You have 1 pokemon left... more direction is required

9 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

A2: if I beat Koga, Challenge Sabrina. Ignore this if I lost.

Buy Leftovers

Lead with Aegislash-Shield holding leftovers. Use Iron Head against Jynx, then Night Slash against Espeon

Gyarados next spamming hydro pump

Venusaur last spamming Sludge Bomb

You challenge Sabrina

She leads with her Jynx against your Aegislash-Sheild. you move first and use Iron Head, Jynx counters with Blizzard, after three turns Jynx falls.

Sabrina sends out Sypeonwho uses Psychic in all their attacks except for their 2nd last one where they used future sight. Espeon takes out Aegislash-Sheild on their next turn with Psychic.

You send out Gyrados who finishes off Espeon before taking the brunt of the future sight attack and then falling to Alakazam's Psychic.

Lastly, you send out Venusaur and use sludge bomb which quickly finishes off Alakazam!

You have earned the Marsh Badge!

Aegislash-Shield gains 2 levels

Gyarados gains 2 levels

Venusaur gains 3 levels

5 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Buy an Incense

Action 5.1: Explore Safari Zone w/Incense

You take an extra long shower and find...

Spoiler
Dratini 23
Ponyta 22
Ponyta 25

Swinub 23
Celebi 30
Rhyhorn 25

Scyther 24
Magikarp 25
Swinub 26

Wow these are some good showers

https://pa1.narvii.com/6473/6dcec49abd2d05e8dcadfde7ed4ff4ab1b75d3a9_00.gif

edit: why cant i post pictures anymore

Edited by Ptyrell

9 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Buy leftovers 

5.1 Challenge Whitney

Charmeleon leads off and flamethrowers persian. 

If he faints honedge takes over and night slashes persian, uses fury cutter on dubwool/pidgeot

Steelix with leftovers will use stone edge versus Pidgeot

possible scenario's:  either persian holds an berry/focus band proc and gains an extra try and kills of charmeleon, honedge will finish him off in max two hits. 
Dubwool cant hit honedge so free kill there and Steelix beats Pidgeot :)

Short write up since I have to go to work, sorry

You buy leftovers and give them to steelix

Whitney welcomes your challenge and sends out persian! Your Charmeleon falls to the persian's power gem.

Persian dies to Honedge's first night slash.

Honedge whittles away at Dubwool and eventually defeats it with fury cutter.

Honedge falls to Pidgeot in short order.

Pidgeot is defeated by Steelix's Stone edge after a lengthy battle.

You have defeated Whitney and earned your badge!

Honedge gains 7 levels

Steelix gains 3 levels

5 hours ago, ctots said:

Day 5 is here! Nurse Joy buys an old rod and makes her way to the beach for a bit of fishing in the morning.

Action 1: Explore (fishing)

(please and thank you)

While fishing you find:

Grubbin 26
Bellsprout 22
Horsea 25

11 minutes ago, Ptyrell said:

You take an extra long shower and find...

Hide contents
Swinub 23
Celebi 30
Rhyhorn 25

Wow these are some good showers

https://pa1.narvii.com/6473/6dcec49abd2d05e8dcadfde7ed4ff4ab1b75d3a9_00.gif

edit: why cant i post pictures anymore

Gonna take that middle set.

Master Ball on Celebi.

Machop uses Mach Punch on the Swinub, then on the Rhyhorn. If Machop faints, have Squirtle use Water Gun.

5 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

Action 5.1 Work

Buy Evolution stone and give to Growlithe. 

Action 5.2 explore Saffron City

You earn $763 working and evolve your Growlithe into Arcanine!

In Saffron city you find 

Koffing 23
Magnemite 22
Ekans 21

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

While fishing you find:

Grubbin 26
Bellsprout 22
Horsea 25

Let's use pokeballs to try to catch horsea first, then grubbin.

Ponyta will use flamethrower on bellsprout.

6 minutes ago, Ptyrell said:

You earn $763 working and evolve your Growlithe into Arcanine!

In Saffron city you find 

Koffing 23
Magnemite 22
Ekans 21

Arcanine to attack all three.

If he falls at any point then Larvitar will step in his place.

Actions 1 and 2 - Work x2. Buy EXP share.

Action 3 - Challenge Brock.

EXP share on Poliwag. This should pull off the evolution.

Lead with Poliwag and Water Gun.

Follow with Gardevoir and Psychic.

Finish with Flareon/Fire Blast on everything. I think I've got a Poliwhirl and a gym badge at the end of this (unless I missed something).

Edited by Gustav

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

5.1 Work

Buy pokeballs with money

Put EXP share on Charjabug

5.2 Explore Saffron City

You deliver a lecture/motivational speech at a seminar in the Kanto Pokemon University, and earn $744!

Assuming this is what you mean, you spend all your money on 9 Pokeballs.

EXP Share on Charjabug

Entering the city, things are peaceful. Birds are singing, there's an Abra napping in the bush, and there's a magnet acting as a positive mood ring.

Magnemite 22
Pidgey 25
Abra

What sort of chaos would you like to unleash on this scene?

4 hours ago, Lemorse7 said:

5.1 5.2 go fishing 

Feeling that your bird collection has been lacking, you decide to look for some where most people would least expect to find them... in the water!

On your first few casts, you actually land some winged potential! And also a bug.

Magikarp 21
Dratini 26
Grubbin

After a quick visit to the Pokemon Center, you then fish up the following decidedly NON-winged creatures.

Horsea 26
Squirtle 22
Poliwag 21

How would you like to proceed?

9 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

You deliver a lecture/motivational speech at a seminar in the Kanto Pokemon University, and earn $744!

Assuming this is what you mean, you spend all your money on 9 Pokeballs.

EXP Share on Charjabug

Entering the city, things are peaceful. Birds are singing, there's an Abra napping in the bush, and there's a magnet acting as a positive mood ring.

Magnemite 22
Pidgey 25
Abra

What sort of chaos would you like to unleash on this scene?

Pokeballs until success on Abra

Magnemite Spark on Pidgey

Ekans Acid on Magnemite until Ekans gets KO'd, then sub in Arcanine and use Flamethrower

16 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Feeling that your bird collection has been lacking, you decide to look for some where most people would least expect to find them... in the water!

On your first few casts, you actually land some winged potential! And also a bug.

Magikarp 21
Dratini 26
Grubbin

After a quick visit to the Pokemon Center, you then fish up the following decidedly NON-winged creatures.

Horsea 26
Squirtle 22
Poliwag 21

How would you like to proceed?

Catch Magikarp and Dratini 

Fight Grubbin with ponyta flamethrower

Fight Horsea and Squirtle with jolteon thunder 
Fight Poliwag with Lucario close combat

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Actions 5.1 and 5.2: Work x2

Buy EXP share and give it to Axew

Action 5.3 Challenge Whitney

Open with Steelix and use Iron Tail indefinitely

Then Switch to Vikavolt and use Thunderbolt indefinitely

Latly, send out Axew and use Dragon Claw

You spend 40% of your day performing open heart surgery on a Ponyta. You accidentally melt your gloves in its organs, but the operation is a success overall. You earn $1579!

You use your hard earned money to buy an Exp Share, which you place on the head of your lil dragon before heading to Goldenrod City to face off the most basic bitch in Johto: Whitney.

Rolling Roll Out GIF by Pokémon

"Well hey there Joy! OMG, I love what you've done with your hair! OMG, did you see that Starb's has the PSL's back again? I freaking love Fall! Perfect time to cozy up with a nice boy and watch The Office. I just so BADLY want the Jim to my Pam! Wait, why do you have that enormous metallic snake in here? It's ugly! Oh, you want to battle? Well, if you insist! GO PERSIAN!"

Steelix gets the drop first and it immediately starts smashing the cat with its massive Iron Tail. Persian scratches and BITES in return, and manages to hang on a little longer and get some extra damage in after a FOCUS BAND proc, but ultimately the kitty falls.

"No! My sweet little pussy!" Whitney cries. "Let's see if you can manage the Greatest of All Time next!" She sends out her goat.

Dubwool starts bucking and DOUBLE KICKing Steelix, and the mighty snake manages one more smash with its Iron Tail before going down.

You send out Vikavolt next, who retaliates with a narsty Thunderbolt. Dubwool tanks it though, and hits back with an even narstier DOUBLE-EDGE. One more huge electric shock is enough to bring down the sheep though.

"UGH! You motherfucker! I thought we were friends, Joy! We both have PINK hair, that's my favourite colour! My cute fingerless gloves are coming off now!"

Her big bird Pidgeot enters the field, looking for a bug to snack on. It sees your Vikavolt and starts whipping up some less that ideal weather... a HURRICANE. It absolutely buffets the shit out of Vikavolt...

Spoiler

And it does NOT survive! If it had only 10 more HP it would have lived, but alas, it's Axew's turn to come out, and he is the cutest littlest dragon. It uses it's DRAGON CLAW to punch this bird right in its stupid face. Naturally it survives.

Pidgeot's Hurricane continues, and the storm passes through Axew for massive damage...

Spoiler

...but not massive enough as Axew just barely hangs on! It gives Pidgeot one last bitch slap...

Spoiler

Which Pidgeot didn't appreciate. Unfortunately, the bird remained alive to show how little it appreciated this, and finishes the job with style with a Mirror Move Dragon Claw.

Whitney rejoices, and you leave the gym dejected, entering the ToP S2 Hall of Fame of players getting fucked over by a 10% Focus Band proc, which is ultimately what made all the difference. Sowwy 😭

On the bright side:

Steelix gains 0.5 levels

Vikavolt gains 1 level

Axew gains 2.5 levels

Edited by JardyB10

2 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

A3: Challenge Blaine

Aegislash-Sword starts off with Surf

Venusaur follows using Earthquake

Gyarados finishes using Hydro Pump and holds Leftovers

James rolls into the Cinnabar Gym and confronts the leader, Blaine.

"Muwahahaha! Why if it isn't a member of Team Rocket!" Blaine exclaims as you enter. "Have you come to try to steal one of my Pokemon, pup? I see you have some NICE and FLAMMABLE critters for my Pokemon to fry! Let's do this, I have a BURNING DESIRE to ROAST you, boy!"

You lead with your big ol' Sword, and Blaine sends out his R-K-9. What a cool dog. Blaine chuckles to himself at the absolute mismatch, but the chuckle turns upside-duckle when his pupper unexpectedly gets bludgeoned by a SURFboard, which it turns out Aegislash has been using as his shield this whole time! It hits Arcanine hard, but not hard enough, and it survives with just under 25% of its health left. Then, it counters with a powerful FLAMETHROWER, which Sword Aegislash is not at all equipped to deal with. Swordy goes down, and you hear a jingle from the fire dog's collar...it's a Shell Bell! Arcanine looks a little bit healthier to deal with whatever comes next.

What comes next is Venusaur.

"Hahaha, you brought a giant PLANT into MY gym? What's going to do? PLANT my dog to death? Hahahaha, you absolute fool, haha-"

Venusaur stomps around, shaking the entire building. A fissure opens up in the ground, swallowing Arcanine back into the hell from which it no doubt originated from.

"Gadzooks! You sneaky little grunt, you've got some tricks up your sleeve! Unfortunately for you, so do I! And for my next trick, I'm going to torch the shit out of this forsaken creature, GO RAPIDASH!"

A glorious flaming horse emerges from his Pokeball, feeling like a S1 star. It charges toward Venusaur with a mighty FIRE BLAST, and the dinofrog is entirely enveloped in flames! Venusaur manages to survive though, and claps back with another Earthquake. The resulting tremor continues demolishing the gym, but while it's distracted, the Rapidash sneaks a ROWAP BERRY into Venusaur's mouth!

"Didn't see that coming, did you!?" Blaine shouts!

Will the 12.5% damage be enough to finish off Venusaur??

Spoiler

No. Venusaur coughs up the icky berry, but survives on just 8.8 HP. Obviously though, it doesn't survive another Blast of Fire to its head. Venusaur goes down, but disallows a free shot on Gyarados.

Gyarados comes out and easily destroys the pony.

"Ah, I see you also have a dragon-like Pokemon. Very well, it's time for a preview of some future House of the Dragon episodes! GO CHARIZARD!"

The fire dragon comes out, slashing at the air with AIR SLASH! Gyarados takes it and pump some hydro back at it!

Spoiler

The water hits the Charizard hard, but not as hard as you'd expect? An Enigma Berry softens the blow, but Charizard is still looking very hurt.

"Alright, no more fucking around! This kitchen is getting too hot, you need to end this, Charizard! USE BLAST BURN!"

It launches a devastating amount of fire and magma toward your Gyarados. This going to hurt.

Spoiler

When the flames die down, it's revealed Gyarados is still up with just 11.9 hp! Turns out the sneaky pocket snacks Gyarados brought along really saved him. With one final Hydro Pump, Gyarados wins you the battle, and the Volcano Badge!

Venusaur gains 2 levels

Gyarados gains 5 levels

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Using your masterball you catch Mewtwo!!!

Rhyhorn moves first against Charmeleon and uses drill run! Charmeleon counters with Sury, Rhyhorn has 10hp left! Rhyhorn uses drill run again taking out Charmeleon!

You send out Pichu, Pichu uses quick attack, it does 7 damage, Rhyhorn counters with another Drill run which defeat Pichu...

You have 1 pokemon left... more direction is required

for some reason, I thought Charmeleon would do it easily, oh well. Let's finish it with Umbreon, I guess. Dark Pulse on both

Action 2. Challenge Koga.

Mewtwo @Oran Berry.

Psystrike every turn

Victreebel @no item

Knock Off vs Weezing

Knock Off on the first turn vs Venusaur then Poison Jab.

Gourgeist @no item

Shadow Ball every turn

10 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

“Joey is it? What happened to your TOP PERCENTAGE Rattata, you little worm?” Jessie laughs.

If you’ll allow it, I’d like to buy an Exp. Share before the fight (should have done it before the action, but I’ve kind of been half-minding my actions this weekend), and equip it on Charmeleon.

I’ll lead with Magnezone, and it will be followed by Charmeleon, then Wartortle if necessary.

- Zoney will Zap Cannon Machoke and Pidgeotto, and Flash Cannon Jynx

- Charmer will Flamethrower all

- Wartortle will Bite Jynx, and Body Slam the rest 

EDIT: Reminder to mods that this is Day 4, Action 5.

"Joey?! That buffoon?! You dare compare me to him?! The audacity! I am the great Joseph! You will soon pay for those words!"

While he was monologuing you quickly ran to the store and bought and Exp Share. He didn't notice you were gone. You both send out your first pokemon!

AffectionateDapperAgama-size_restricted.

HighlevelRectangularBushbaby-size_restri

Horrors abound! Magnezone leads things off with a Flash Cannon and Jynx is in serious pain. It gets off a Blizzard to chip away at the Zone but, a 2nd Flash Cannon is too much for it. Joseph remains confident.

"Joey was a fool, opting for that dumb mouse. We all now the true prize of Route 1 was you Pipi!"

NeighboringNiceDeviltasmanian-size_restr

Pidgeotto zooms in with a Slash. Magnezone laughs and Zap Cannons it straight to the Pokecenter. Joseph is taken aback. "How DARE you treat Pipi like that! You will pay dearly for your insubordinance! Take THIS!"

BitterSmugAngelfish-size_restricted.gif

Machoke comes out and gets REVENGE. Over 100 damage knocks Magnezone out! "MWHAHAHA! NOW YOU FEEL MY WRATH!" Jessie doesn't even respond, she's totally over this nerd. She sends out Charmeleon.

67b98209c91dbb8d85e4e76a3700c6c7.gif

Charmander's Flamethrower does some damage, but Machoke counters with more Revenge. Luckily for Jessie, the Revenge is not as powerful as before. The two continue at it, and eventually Charmeleon comes out on top! Joseph is taken aback, and runs off without saying a word.

DiTj.gif

Magnezone gains 2 levels.

Charmeleon gains 6 levels.

C8Xc.gif

And becomes a Charizard!

7 hours ago, ctots said:

Let's use pokeballs to try to catch horsea first, then grubbin.

Ponyta will use flamethrower on bellsprout.

You try to throw Pokeballs at the Horsea. Try being the key word, as it's quite the prolific swimmer. You do catch it eventually, but it takes 7 balls to do so! That still leaves you with 3 for the Grubbin, and luckily it only takes you 2 to catch it!

Bellsprout sprays Acid at the Ponyta, but even with the big level disadvantage Ponyta one shots with Flamethrower.

Ponyta gains 4 levels and $113. It gives Nurse Joy the money because it doesn't desire material goods.