WHAT THE....

BOOM

HELsucks.png

Tensions are running high here in Helsinki, Finland. A disastrous off-season has seen key players leave for other teams, one current player frozen out of the Locker Room and Season 85 Draftees left in limbo without being offered their Rookie deals post draft. Put simply, many Titans fans, and let's be clear here, the numbers of those are dwindling by the day, are furious about the current situation.

Titans fan Nippi Boobinen is on the verge of abandoning the VHL completely. "I've been a Titans and VHL fan since their inception but the plight in which the fans and current players find themselves, is a disgrace. GM Frank Funk remains in hiding and refuses to answer his phone or email, while the VHL off-season continues around the team, with players and teams agreeing to deals to improve their rosters. What have the Titans done, except to wave goodbye to some of their best players, and spit in the face of the remaining players?" Nippi sure doesn't seem happy.

The players left to represent Helsinki have had various things to say, but Star Goalie Xavier Booberry and up and coming Defenseman Hammar Voss have been the most outspoken. After a strong S84 the Titans were well placed in Europe to improve further if the right moves were made, but it's apparent that management could not give a fuck about the team any longer. 

"Following my dismissal from the Locker Room late last season, I was hoping that I'd be invited back after the Cup was won by Warsaw, but it hasn't eventuated", said Voss. "While we fell short in the playoffs, I was sure we had the pieces to go further this season, but we all know how that has played out."

Questions must also be asked of the VHL leadership itself, as it appears that they have been aware of the situation and concerns of the remaining players for at least 72 hours with no action or even simple feedback/assurances. After the disaster that was the Bushito reign of absence, surely plans were made to address the same situation should it occur? Well VHL brains trust, it appears we have a repeat and the only ones suffering are the Titans left behind by derelict management. The players feel abandoned and wonder if this situation had occurred with a couple of other teams, whether it would have been ignored for so long.

With only five VHL caliber players rostered and the Free Agent talent pool almost exhausted, the morale in Helsinki is almost non-existent. A player such as Booberry who has been outstanding and is also primed for a few incredible seasons given the opportunity, has been robbed of the chance to truly display his abilities. That is an outrage and should never have been allowed to occur. The Titans could have one of the worst rosters seen in recent VHL history, and be on the end of some absolute shellings from rival VHL teams. That's not a great look for the franchise, or the VHL itself.

It's apparent that even if a replacement GM is hastily arranged, there will be a massive mountain to climb for the new appointee, as several players have already signaled that as soon as the opportunity presents itself, they will either walk in Free Agency or demand a trade from the current shell of a franchise, thus plunging the team into even further depths of despair. 

Titans players, fans and VHL followers await the response from the leagues management team, but even then, the damage has been done to both the Titans and the VHL's reputation.

gordon-ramsay-get-your-shit-together.gif

Edited by BOOM