A Beginner's Guide to TPE Allocation

Grape

The new TPE system has been implemented for a handful of seasons now, and I feel that a fair amount of people have a solid grasp on it. For those who don’t, then this may be for you

STHS Ratios

Every stat has a ratio attached to it that impacts an aspect of your game. These ratios are different for each stat and being knowledgeable of them will help you maximize your TPE allocation. Let’s focus on scoring for this. qzgSQrX_N5njy75qlb2MAmctPHa3MQLyeBllMYO-RK5J3_yhNUl0jpEVuuyXsOVHt3CZI-rGFirBOLm2RpV-QkXsQbCpYkbtSbEenYDE2VmP1NU3SstR7OobaIk5uLIJbPa6w1MGopUPAYsHnq1tHGrTLphSnrxMDtF2tJV9oL3pfU-FDPKC279rWA

As you can see, there are 3 stats that affect scoring: Offensive Vision, Slap Shot, and Wrist Shot. The numbers correlate to the stat boost for each TPE level you put into the stat, so every level you have in offensive vision will add 0.3 to your scoring. 

Levels and TPE

If TPE levels were linear, then getting to the max level would be super easy; however, it’s a gradual process. 

614eiNEsNTqCMbi-E5PQlHofijccdqKXHpRvYITowxSDQzcfLUcrcQDCIpec-y84aCh3MRXzB_5JLPYPjWZbQTK2OKLMT83y2UiehEuJhiutBLTs-st0XrOLd6boIrh10kHiyJPXM3PuO0m35RQ7GzQ_mNv3x-dY2wOtDDEAdpf0MecuGR9Wzn0d_w

Based on the scale, it costs:

- 70 TPE for 0 - 70

- 10 TPE for 70 - 75

- 15 TPE for 75 - 80

- 50 TPE for 80 - 90

- 40 TPE for 90 - 95

- 40 TPE for 95 - 99

225 TPE to max 1 stat

And while the cost of TPE increases for each level, the ratios stay the same.

Ratio Scaling

Due to the increasing cost of levels and the stagnant ratios, dedicating all TPE to one stat in a category is worse than spreading it out

dRPItc_wKTrnPhhzcclqAG1I31o8vpcZACNpXqOIMU794Wlw_2MDI1JoLMwVwJhfqIMvOtufaFeut4VXKSp6aNph2lpXPEMnrY5_7tR5swzFbnMa9BQRXId8s1Phban8qDrK_m1hBCc-ZRnNES-qgmdTVXUp7cpyobQypgxfpchrUliexerym9zZRg

Let’s say you’re a VHLM player that wants to max out their scoring stat (limited to 200 TPE). What one might do is put all their TPE into offensive vision, having them hit level 96 and Scoring would be at 68.8. The alternative method is to spread out the TPE across all scoring stats, and put 80 TPE into offensive vision (Level 75), 70 TPE into Slap Shot (Level 70), and 50 TPE into Wrist Shot (Level 50), which would cause scoring to be at 76.9, about 8 better than putting everything into one stat. When you’re focusing on boosting stats, make sure NOT to max a single stat without first adding to other stats in the same categories

Full Scale

Breakdown of all categories and subsequent stats that add into them. Keep in mind there are some categories that are pretty much useless. Categories you can pretty much ignore are Discipline, Leadership, Penalty Shot (it’ll be boosted when you increase your scoring anyways), Faceoffs (unless you’re a center), checking somewhat, and fighting (unless you’re a goon). Important stats to focus on are Puck Handling (gotta hold onto the puck), Defense (helps with positioning), skating (speed), passing and/or scoring (gotta get points somehow), and strength (keep balance better).

VW2g6jBLgHIDLqYshSzmCR0rAhojlqWsVVKfeP57RqV9wMHHSSgn5HPm_mXPL8koim_cn9qMxTsXoC1hU3TD26fK7HzxbI0_IKBNH6WmEG4zmwlVAehB5Q33Yxo4avIQsLgrXP-5Ngmr7Ah8xWI_175hB21ns3i_xReReIxJYaRJRdPkSTiUQLI4Hw

Best Allocation for the VHLM

Since this is mainly geared towards newer players, I’d also like to provide my subjective view on a super good build for the M that can also be used as a starting template for the upper leagues. With 200 TPE max, I would allocate:

- 60 TPE into Stick Handling (Boosts both Puck Handling and Skating)

- 50 TPE into Poke Checking (Boosts both Defense and Strength)

- 20 TPE into Speed (Boosts only Skating)

- 70 TPE into Offensive Vision (Boosts both Passing and Scoring)

This allocation will result in a stat line of:

xPzt4Dx8nXE9kHBKpUrdMAVQYwcPU1EYgws3-7IR9DV0z5mCvYdC_RlnWTkPmtHKg_k_p8jXaV8nkr8VotqVO2BZu1UG434xEu9fYsxCrBRiKbL41jyFbsg-FlRwCFX6_D0-6_AoE90ZccCIutu2PfB5EEfaZQ0ksYmXuKRWha3hy9XcIuZVxs38ug

Which is more than good enough to compete as a top player in the VHLM. Extremely balanced and still allows a lot of room to focus on really anything you want to in the future leagues.

Edited by Grape

45 minutes ago, Grape said:

Full Scale

Breakdown of all categories and subsequent stats that add into them. Keep in mind there are some categories that are pretty much useless. Categories you can pretty much ignore are Discipline, Leadership, Penalty Shot (it’ll be boosted when you increase your scoring anyways), Faceoffs (unless you’re a center), checking somewhat, and fighting (unless you’re a goon). Important stats to focus on are Puck Handling (gotta hold onto the puck), Defense (helps with positioning), skating (speed), passing and/or scoring (gotta get points somehow), and strength (keep balance better).

VW2g6jBLgHIDLqYshSzmCR0rAhojlqWsVVKfeP57RqV9wMHHSSgn5HPm_mXPL8koim_cn9qMxTsXoC1hU3TD26fK7HzxbI0_IKBNH6WmEG4zmwlVAehB5Q33Yxo4avIQsLgrXP-5Ngmr7Ah8xWI_175hB21ns3i_xReReIxJYaRJRdPkSTiUQLI4Hw

Really good article, but I am most impressed with this level of detail surrounding the diminishing returns while also really breaking out the benefit per attribute increase. This should be used by a lot of people who like to know the numbers behind our updating system and the hybrid system. Really well done!