That Banning Was a Poor Decision

sterling

Nah, I still don't think a suspension was needed and I'm not saying this as Gorlab's teammate. I've defended a lot of people for being opinionated (sometimes to the excess) because I think it is healthy for the league. I've probably also banned more people than anyone else, but I've always let people state their opinion even if it is abrasive. What he said is far from the worst thing ever, in the current context of the league I think it was a fair warning for new members who likely want to stay down in the VHLM. Our problem is that we do have an elitist/mob mentality at times to new ideas/members. This is demonstrated by the silly SHL hate that goes on at times. I've tried to foster a batter enviroment for new members and I think that's been going pretty well. Does Gorlab act like a doofus? Yes, but is what he's saying THAT inflamatory? Nope.

I've seen a lot worse. And since I know Jardy's shtick and the SHL thing as well were jokes, I didn't care at the time. With that said, if you're going to set an example with one member, you've got to set it at the top as well. And yes, I've been known for being lenient except to trolls, but I believe it is this leniency that made the league fun again for people. The fact of the matter is that Gorlab has been a good member and he's showing passion for the league, he's not trying to bring it down. That should be respected imo