That Banning Was a Poor Decision

sterling

You can't have a commish running around calling people offensive names like fag, a pussy, a bitch, etc.

You can't have commishes changing the auto correct to make SHL = anal.

Talk about alienating new members you guys. What Gorlab did is hardly as bad as the above two items. Really poor form and very hypocritical.

I was just writing this up when I was alerted to the presence of this thread, thanks.

After all the drama over the last day of Gorlab's post and whatnot, I do have one thing that I feel needs to be said. I really don't know how to feel about Jardy's stance that basically seems to say "People can be assholes to each other, but we draw the line when they start being assholes about the league because that can alienate new members".

"Unless you're talking about guys like Bushito or Excel having spats with each other or one other person, I don't really know where you're getting that from.  It's one thing for a handful of people being dicks to each other in random threads, and it's something else altogether to spout bullshit off on a soapbox and potentially alienating new people."

This was what I got told when I mentioned that I see other inflammatory and abrasive posts all the time from older members. Things like that are exactly what I was referring to, because how is it okay for members to be abusive towards each other but not okay to make an abrasive comment about the league? I personally would worry more about seeing something like this

I'm glad we're thinking of/finding ways to improve the 175 TPE cap to help out new members.  I didn't even realize how much of an issue it was.

That said, from my limited experience and interaction with him, I really really genuinely like MF as a person and a member... BUT you're being a fucking little bitch.  As a new member, we WANT to help you, we don't want you to be upset or get fucked over.  But you're being a fucking punk and if you want to take your ball and go home due to AN EXPLICITLY STATED RULE then fucking good riddance.  "DURR, I'M NOT WASTING MY HARD-EARNED MONEY!"  Yeah, well, maybe you shouldn't have fucking spent it if you planned on being a VHLM-lifer.  As much as I'm glad that we're making changes to help out  future people in the same scenario, it fucking sickens me we're doing it because of your shitty fag tactics, instead of just communicating like a normal fucking human being.  We give guys leniency with the 175 TPE cap, and in return they fucking feel entitled to earn their minor league bonus AND enter it with 200 TPE.  "Oh this rule makes no sense!"  No, having fucking Jaroslav Oslig in the league is what doesn't make sense.  We're working on developing a middle ground, and we need all the help we can get.  So you can retire like a little fucking bitch if you want, or you can use the fucking COMPLAINTS/SUGGESTION forum and actually try to be helpful.  You fucking pussy.

Anyway, I'm semi-sorry for going off on you like that.  Take it as you will.  Hopefully you return, and maybe do Jason a solid.  He never deserved this.  You're a fun member, and I enjoy the egotistic attitude more than the next guy.  But you're a being a pansy, and that's the bottom line, I don't know how anyone could deny it.  You're not even wrong for being mad, I would be too, you just go about it terribly.

as a new member than I would about some possibly misinforming post turning me off to the league. Seeing a commissioner of the league calling people pansies and little bitches is okay, but calling a VHL rule moronic isn't? I'm not excusing Gorlab's behaviour or speech. But I will say that if you're going to be suspending people for inflammatory posts, well... be more consistent with it instead of using commissioner/mod powers to say whatever you want and have it be considered okay since you can't really be suspended/banned.

I just think it's odd that Jardy's so concerned about Gorlab alienating new members yet he SPECIFICALLY SAYS

As a new member, we WANT to help you, we don't want you to be upset or get fucked over.  But you're being a fucking punk and if you want to take your ball and go home due to AN EXPLICITLY STATED RULE then fucking good riddance.

Someone care to fill me in on how that couldn't be seen as alienating new members?

Again. Not trying to argue that Gorlab's right or something. I'm pointing out that Jardy's just as wrong.

Edited by Caillean122

The VHL is fun because we can call each other offensive names. So don't take that away from us. 

There's a clear line though when you're calling someone names in their retirement thread as opposed to lively banter that we've come to know. Even for Jardy's style (which I appreciate) that was too far.

Jardy doesn't put up with people being bitches nonstop. I like it.

Molholt, ever since people gave constructive criticism about your banner all I've seen is you bitching about how people don't appreciate it, so that really can't be true.

Edited by Caillean122

How long has this been going on? Awhile and now you say something about it? Seriously you have been here how long now Sterling? Get with the program.

I was also a commish for a period of time and we were pretty fair. I guess none of you were around to know that though, were you?

I was also a commish for a period of time and we were pretty fair. I guess none of you were around to know that though, were you?

I remember you were a commish. But it's not like Jardy just started doing this. You are making a big fuss over it now instead of all the past times?

Molholt, ever since people gave constructive criticism about your banner all I've seen is you bitching about how people appreciate it, so that really can't be true.

Not that this is the place, but being condescending and constructive are two different things. Saying "change this because it's shit" is different than saying "hey, maybe this could be reworked to make it a little better." Also you should've seen the shit I got when I did the same thing when I first joined, so whatever.

I remember you were a commish. But it's not like Jardy just started doing this. You are making a big fuss over it now instead of all the past times?

Well as I don't know if it's a habit of Jardy's to insult new members, I can personally say that a fuss maybe should be made this time after he just suspended someone for "potentially alienating new members" yet his comment towards MF did the exact same thing.

Not that this is the place, but being condescending and constructive are two different things. Saying "change this because it's shit" is different than saying "hey, maybe this could be reworked to make it a little better." Also you should've seen the shit I got when I did the same thing when I first joined, so whatever.

A LOT of people were saying "hey, maybe this could be reworked to make it a little better". Instead of acknowledging any of those you chose to ignore any constructive criticism in favour of the like, one or 2 people who were being dicks.

A LOT of people were saying "hey, maybe this could be reworked to make it a little better". Instead of acknowledging any of those you chose to ignore any constructive criticism in favour of the like, one or 2 people who were being dicks.

You'll notice I made a post saying that I could change it after the voting, much earlier.

Anyway..

.Well that's not really a point, it doesn't matter when it happens or when it's being brought up. An issue is going to stay quiet until it's brought up, whenever that is. By saying that you're just proving there's an issue :3 

And I'm not sayin dist cuz I'm balrugs team8, i h8 da gui

Edited by Munk

He should of been privately PM'd why the topic and title of his post was an issue, and explained that his criticism is welcome and valid if presented in a healthy form. The banning on top of being absolutely wrong only fuels the fire.

I am in agreement with Sterling and others, this was a poor decision made by the Blue Team (Or Just Jardy)

Guys me and Boubabi are gonna make a run for some medical fried chicken. 

If you want anything let us know. 

Fried chicken or "fried chicken?"

Either way I'm down.

.Well that's not really a point, it doesn't matter when it happens or when it's being brought up. An issue is going to stay quiet until it's brought up, whenever that is. By saying that you're just proving there's an issue :3 

And I'm not sayin dist cuz I'm balrugs team8, i h8 da gui

It don't matter. It's the fact he says stuff like that to everyone. If you take it personal, then just don't talk with Jardy. He kinda brought it upon himself by causing all the nonsense he did.