OK, We've Heard About What GM's Can Potentially Do Better, Now Let's Talk About What The League Can Do Better In Regards To Helping Make Members Aware Of TPE Opportunities, But Also Bear In Mind It's a VHL.com, So It's Not That Long

MubbleFubbles

1. The Welcome Message Leads To Heavily Out Of Date Information

On 12/5/2022 at 3:40 AM, Beketov said:

The point task forum is located here, and more detailed information on TPE earning can be found here.

Now this message has actually been fixed at some point at some point between August and December (where this quote came from) as the link to the point task forum was broken from at least when I made my account back in Nov 2021 to August. There is maybe a chance it's even been fixed now (A December PM was the earliest I could retrieve), but if not, then the PM is linking new players to a thread that was last edited four years ago for how to earn TPE, so yes, that means the guide we're potentially linking new members to was last edited before some of our current commissioners joined the league. That's kind of frightening. 

2. The Newcomers Guide Needs An Update/Overhaul

While Gustav's guide to attributes has been updated, quite a bit of the information is behind the times along with the tutorial videos being long out of date. Also, why on earth is probably the best written tutorial piece on the site in Ricers TPE Earning Guide in Media Spots and not in the Newcomers Guide (although it does need some slight tweaks to be up to date). 

I found and watched the tutorial videos.  Managed to piece it together through that and I think those are crucial.  People these days don't want to read a wall of instruction when they can watch someone else do it and the younger generations, from my experience, learn the best through visuals.

Straight from signing up to the site all the way to creating a player and joining the VHL discord and their teams locker room.  Next is how to complete every point task available.  Not just how to post a graphic, even though the theory is the same for most every point task, every one should be run through especially things like VHFL, the fantasy zone as well as trivia and predictions since it they live elsewhere entirely.  Build guides already exist but there needs to be a tutorial for navigating to your players page, adding TPE and also how to view the games and find your stats.  Any confusion at any point is enough for most people to call it quits.

Now, should a lot of this be on the shoulders of M GMs, sure, but if the resources are there for them to utilize, it would help ensure that less users fall through the cracks.  GMs are people with lives too so making their lives easier can only help.