Claimed:On The Radar volume 1

RoughHands

"ON THE RADAR"

Welcome to the first Edition of "On The Radar". "On The Radar" will feature a wide load of information for the people in and around the VHLM. Statistics for everyone and everything there is. Team Reports, Prospect Reports and last but not least, Interviews with Players, Coaches and GMs.

Ep1.
W/ Matej Nemecek

At 6'5, Nemecek is an imposing figure on the ice that loves to play tough and physical.

With his large size, he's turning into a very good skater and needs to be considered well above average for a large forward. He is not afraid make a few moves and open up the ice. Along with those offensive smarts, he also has nice offensive tools. He's a strong passer and has a good shot.

Defensively, he also holds his own. In my viewings he's been very strong in his one on one defensive play. He's got a quick and active stick and features solid body positioning.

Nemecek made the smooth transition from Slovakia to the VMHL so far this season. Plays mostly a defensive game and makes few mistakes. But, he also makes solid outlet passes, has a hard shot and is a pretty good skater. Nemecek has had a solid start to his career with the Yukon Rush posting two goals and a whopping twelve assists for fourteen points in twelve games.

At this point of the season, Nemecek is definitely living up to the expectations that the Rush and draft watchers had for him.  So where does he fit into the S41 Entry Draft? It's hard to tell.  It's a deep year with a ton of talent to choose from.

“I think the first thing that’s catching is his size, 6-5, 209, and still room to grow in that frame, but he’s a kid that our scouts have followed closely,” noted Yukon Rush head scout Don Johnson. “He moves well for a big man. We’ve seen the impact over the years that big men can have on the game. The offense is probably not overwhelming, but he plays an all-around game, and the important thing is he’s a guy that size who skates that well, he’s hard to play against.”

“He’s not awkward out there. He makes plays, he can stickhandle and he can move,” Johnson said. “He’ll have some growth in his game to develop, but our scouts have seen him a lot this year and they’re very comfortable that he’s going to be a big-time prospect.”

---------

"He has a huge frame, and when you take into account his long stick he has immediate range. He gets up the ice quickly and isn’t afraid to handle the puck and he displays a better the average stick. He has shown that he can make the crucial first pass out of the zone." - International Scouting Services S41 Draft Guide

"He's not overly physical, but he'll use his size. I don't think there has been a lot of consensus on those big guys who didn't work out, but this guy has consensus." A scout, quoted in The Hockey New Draft Preview S41

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Welcome to the league, it's great to see you producing articles. Pretty solid read overall, I hope Nemecek fucks shit up.

Grammar: 2/2

All good I believe.

Appearance: 0.75/1

Yeah looks a little boring but at least you bolded!

Overall: 5.75/6

FINAL: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...