a tale of two Brothers // A talk with the Captain

Bild

Graphic courtesy of Leandrofg

(Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

The Wranglers are up in the series against the Bears 3-2 and have a first match point tonight. Our Canadian correspondent Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux met with Daniel to get a statement regarding the state of the Wrangler-nation.

Jean-Luc Lieuxperroux (JLL): 'Good evening Daniel, how are you?'

Daniel Janser (DJ): 'Hi Jean-Luc, fresh as a daisy, thanks.'

JLL: 'Calgary made it past the first round since you joined the roster. Are you excited about this?'

DJ: 'Definitely, in some of the previous post-season campaigns we had no reason to exit early but yet did anyway. This was kind of frustrating, but at the same time makes for a good underdog story. Everyone likes them, me included. It just stinks if you are in the supposedly superior team.'

JLL: 'In game 73, you got into a physical altercation and were sent off after only seven minutes into the game. Care to share your perspective?'

DJ: 'Sure. Hogan ran over Lindbergh after some chaos around the net. Wolanin then gently tapped him with the stick to remind the player that netminders are off limits, playoffs be damned. Lampi then checked Landon in the back and that is when Marcel, Larry and I dropped the gloves to draw a line in the sand. Abbas held his own against veteran Lamb and Marcel and I floored Stone and Nano respectively. The referees then came to the conclusion that I instigated the line brawl and sent my sorry ass packing.'

JLL 'Do you feel that it was an unjust call?'

DJ: 'I accept their decision. Their job is difficult and decisions need to be made in a split second. It was early in the game and they had to set a pace for the remainder of the match. I am not in a habit of criticizing the umpires' calls. We have to play in a way, that we do not give them a lot of opportunities to make a 'wrong' call. They are humans after all and make mistakes, as we all do.'

JLL: 'You have three game winning goals in this post-season so far and are one of the more dominant players in these playoffs. Does that make you confident for tonight's game?'

DJ: 'It certainly does not hold me back. However, the Bears have shown time and again that they are a clutch team and know to win when it counts. And with Blake Campbell, they have VHL's Scotty Bowman on the bench who knows all the tricks there are to be known. You know, no-one wants a game seven unless you are 3-something down. I hope we can get the decision for this series tonight, as wounded bears are the most dangerous ones, as my Canadian team mates told me. It certainly does not pay to sell the hide of a bear that you have yet to kill.'

JLL: 'We will cross our fingers for you tonight for sure. Now to something completely different. How is Bonnie doing and would you mind to share how far into the pregnancy you guys are?'

DJ: 'Bonnie is very well, thanks for asking. Our boy is due in the next couple of weeks, but Bonnie mentioned that her side of the family tends to be early, so it could be any day now.'

JLL: 'Thanks Daniel for your time and good luck tonight and with the expected new addition to your family.'

DJ: 'Thanks, Jean-Luc appreciate it.'

We will report further on the matter in due course. Meanwhile, here are the stats of our Rotkreuz studs:

Marcel: 9gp, 0g, 5a, 5pts, +8, 11 PIM, 12 hits, 10sb

Daniel: 9gp, 8g, 8a, 16pts, +4, 27 PIM, 20 hits, 7sb, 54.52FO%, 3gwg, 4ppg, 2 First star nominations

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133423-a-tale-of-two-brothers-back-where-we-belong/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133490-a-tale-of-two-brothers-an-announcement/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133747-a-tale-of-two-brothers-here-we-go-again/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/133764-a-tale-of-two-brothers-sweepstakes/

Edited by Daniel Janser