Forgive my Sentimentality

twists

Hello everyone,

Not gonna bother with a members tag on this, if you see it then great, you will be rewarded for that. If you don’t then…. Well why am I writing this because if you don’t see it how can you read this part?

Anyway, today marks 5717 days (that’s 15 years, 7 months, and 26 days if you’re curious) since the VHL opened its doors. What a random number you might say, why does that matter? Well if I do the math, and I have, I was born 4963 days before the start of the VHL. Given that I joined some time during the pandemic and went inactive within like 4 months means today marks the official day that I have been inactive in the VHL far longer than when I was inside of it. Is that a stupid thing to celebrate? Probably but that won’t stop me; so please let me indulge in a bit of sentimentality for a moment.

When the VHL started I had not yet completed high school, I had never had a girlfriend, hell I had never kissed a girl. I was literally a kissless virgin similar to @Beketov. I was a lonely nerd turning to the internet to find something to do; and I found it. The VHL was my first sim league, was the first one I joined ran by the people who ran it, but it was the first that felt different and felt like it had a good chance of surviving which so few at that point had done. I found a community here. I cannot honestly say that everything went perfectly or that my start in the VHL was without fault; I very nearly left for good within 4 months, but I stayed after a 2 year hiatus. I have now not only finished high school but university and going on 8 years working post-schooling. I have now dated lots of fucked up women and hate myself more than ever, a life. All the while the VHL has been there, constantly evolving with the times sure but present. Over 2 years ago I took up the mantel of AGM of Las Vegas. I did it not because I thought I was necessarily the best person for the job but because I thought the VHLM needed something, it was in trouble and I didn’t want to see it fail. I like to think that in these 2 years of growth I have at least stalled that failure.

5717 days likely means nothing to any of you, just as that paragraph likely means nothing to any of you, but it means absolutely nothing to me. This league, this place, this community has been a standard in my life for like 6 months max. I’m not going anywhere right now, that’s not what this is, but I did want to mark the occasion because this league does mean a lot to me.

So if you’ve made it this far feel free to take 0 uncapped TPE for your troubles, on me. I’m not sure the insane total I’ve had over the years (probably over 600 by now) so  for everyone that I bored with this story should suffice as a thank you for being my weird extended internet family.