S87 Calgary Wranglers team awards!!

:cal: S87 Calgary Wranglers season awards :cal:

giphy.gif

Graphic made by the one and only @Triller

Another season is now in the books. After falling shorts time and time again the Wranglers finally managed to bring the greatest trophy of them all back in Calgary. This golden generation of the team finally managed to get their well anticipated recompense. Welcome everyone to the season 87 Calgary Wranglers awards! I am obviously not the legendary gm of the Wranglers @Ricer13 I am Calgary forward Vincent Laroche-Gagnier not the one who gets all the award, the portuguese one, the one who gets 99 points, the one who scored an hat-trick on his debut, the guy who had more penalty minutes in one playoff game then he had troughout the entire season, no i'm the other one. If you're happy about the results then I made the article you can congraluate me if not well Ricer choose the winners not me. Without further a do let's get started !

:cal: Most Valuable Wrangler :cal:

Oskar Lindbergh

I said like 2 sentences ago that Ricer decided all the winners well it's not really accurate. This one was voted by the players themselves. There were honestly a few solid contenders for the MVP this season. At the end of the day the Daisuke Kanou trophy winner and the brick wall infront of the net @Doomsday won it. Coming over to Calgary in a trade in the off-season from Toronto the impact he had for the team this season is undeniable. A proof of this is that the core despite remaining pretty similar managed to go from a 1st round exit all the way to a cup win. His statline include an amazing .925 save % and 4 shutouts. 

image-removebg-preview.png?width=497&height=532 The Sheriff's Badge image-removebg-preview.png?width=497&height=532

Leandro Goncalves

The sheriff's badge is given to the player who has shown the most leadership. In a locker room full of leaders the one who ultimately receives the badge is @leandrofg. On top of having a leader's behavior in the locker room he never complains when he gets moved up and down in the lineup. Always putting the team over himself Leandro has gained a certain popularity in the locker room with his own Leandro cult forming. Maybe he doesn't have a letter on his jersey but this doesn't affect Leandro's positive and enthusiastic behavior by any means.

:cal: Top Shelf Award :cal:

Landon Wolanin 

For the first time in his career @jacobcarson877 wins the Top Shelf Award given to the Wranglers player who scored the most goals in the season. With an amazing total of 49 goals Landon comes in at 2nd in the entire league. Landon wins this award by a very small margin of 1 goal with the last 2 season winner Daniel Janser. With another impressive yet ironic 99 points season Wolanin proved yet again that he was a dominant force in the league. We could also note that Wolanin also led the league for goals in the playoff with 12 goals with a 1 goal margin between him and the 2nd... Daniel Janser. Being also the player with the most points in said playoff Wolanin is very likely to finally hit the 100 point mark this following season.

:cal: Rybak Trophy :cal:

Daniel Janser

Certified first ballot hall of famer @Daniel Janser wins yet again the Rybak trophy given to the Wrangler with the most points this season. Following 2 historical Mike Szatkowski trophy seasons for the player in the entire VHL with the most points the swiss superstar recorded 109 which is even more than his first Mike Szatkowski winning season. Ending the season 3rd in goals and 2nd in points he is the only player featured in the top 3 for both stats this season. The offensive powerhouse continued yet again his dominant run and seeing Janser receive another Rybak trophy is no surprise.

:cal: Last Line Award :cal:

AirRig Gudbrandson

Threepeating the award this season we have @Rhynex Entertainment bringing home the award for top defenseman. As he quoted after last season's award show "AG also did not hit in s86 so definitely could win 3 straight with more hitting in s87😜". While there was 2 very strong choices the pick ultimately ended up being AirRig Gudbranson. With a total of 73 points he led all Calgary defenseman in points also getting 16 goals which is one more than last season. His other stats include 140 shots blockled, 117 hits which is almost double his S86 totals, 8 game winning goal which is as much as his last 2 season total multiplied by each other. The defenseman that won a Jake Wylde trophy in his rookie season is continuing his impressive career.

:cal: Jubis Memorial Trophy :cal:

Vincent Laroche-Gagnier

Before all my haters call nepotism I repeat that I did not choose the winners. The Jubis memorial trophy is given to the member of the organization who demonstrates the most potential for long term success. The reason ( stated by Ricer) behind this pick is the activity level of @vincentlg2007 consistently growing trough TPE earning, job applying and pushing for them, dedicated AGM'ing, multiple GM'ing in off-season tournaments such as JST or Pro-AM ( with a win as GM in 87) and finally active in multiple different VHL related Discords.

:cal: Young Buck Award :cal:

Steve Lattimer 

The winner of the young buck award given to the wrangler's top prospect is @pugsood. Arriving to Calgary as a part of a trade for a 2nd round pick. He was mostly a clicker doing Practice, Welfare and Press conference. After the trade, he started doing trivia, fantasy, supplemental Vhl.com task and Fantasy zone. An overall activity increase that makes him more and more promising. A marlins legend, he played 20 games for them back in 85. He then spent 86 and 87 with Mississauga with 2 very flabergasting season ( If you want to fact check this statement well that was exactly my reaction when I looked at his stats for this article). In his waiver season he ended up with 4 points and 9 points exact same statline has last season Young buck award winner Vincent Laroche-Gagnier in his waiver season. Then in his first full season he delivered 41 goals for 94 points yet again the same point total as last season young buck award winner. But where last season winner fell in his 2nd full season Lattimer reached the stars with an extraordinary 102 points season. Entering his first VHLE season with a consistently rising TPE mark the promises for this Calgary prospect are extremely astonishing.

Here is the end of this season's award show. Congrats to every winner of this ceremony but also to every Calgary affiliated member. This season was a wonderful one for the team and we're looking forward to another wonderful season in 88.

Spoiler

Word count: 1,112 without quote

7 minutes ago, vincentlg2007 said:

Before all my haters call nepotism I repeat that I did not choose the winners

No haters in that locker room. While everyone of course hopes to snatch one or more of these coveted awards, we are also happy for all those who ultimately receive them

11 hours ago, vincentlg2007 said:

image-removebg-preview.png?width=497&height=532 The Sheriff's Badge image-removebg-preview.png?width=497&height=532

Leandro Goncalves

The sheriff's badge is given to the player who has shown the most leadership. In a locker room full of leaders the one who ultimately receives the badge is @leandrofg. On top of having a leader's behavior in the locker room he never complains when he gets moved up and down in the lineup. Always putting the team over himself Leandro has gained a certain popularity in the locker room with his own Leandro cult forming. Maybe he doesn't have a letter on his jersey but this doesn't affect Leandro's positive and enthusiastic behavior by any means.

side-up-and-down.gif

• 2 weeks later...