Recent - Retro

Thunder

Trying to come up with a retro story that doesn’t go into digging up team stats or something boring, which I am quite used to being, has given me a serious brain fart.  This retro story is going to be about current VHL members and how their past impacted the present.

Starting with podcasts and the retros who are not producing podcasts as often as they were in the retro age.  Why is that?  Could all of you decent podcasters be getting your 6 tpe from VHL duties therefore leaving us who are hungry for podcasts missing out?  Or is your real life too busy to commit to more podcasts?

Starting with one of the best, @JardyB10, I used to enjoy a steady show from him.  His podcasts are informative, confrontational, and downright entertaining.  He brings up personal shit while driving his work truck in the frozen lands of Canada and when it’s all said and done, he doesnt give a fuck if you like or dislike his podcasts.  Jardyb10 has been in the VHL for years.  Now that he’s been in so long, he’s barely coming up with one podcast a month.  Time to retro and produce more Jardy.

Another top podcaster, @Berocka, who claims to be the best podcaster in the VHL, and is a toss up with Jardy, has slowed a little with his podcasts.  In the retro age, well retro according to me, Berocka was doing at least one bite sized berocka podcast weekly, and often times do a mega bite sized podcast.  His podcasts are also informative and entertaining, especially when he is in a good frame of mind with entertaining.  One of my favorites was his response to Jardy coming up with reasons why Jardy is better than Berocka.  Berocka has been in the VHL for four years so he’s got some retro in his blood.

Next is @Spartan , probably one of the podcasters who can spit out a great podcast at the slightest whim, has been a ghost as far as doing a podcast.  Again, most likely not having the time or desire as he did during the retro time… and being a guest member on another podcast doesn’t count!  Spartan comes up with good topics and almost always interjects a real life, real time event having to deal with Jersey traffic.  There is no doubt Spartan can keep me entertained.  Another retro acknowledgement to Spartan is how much he helped me when I first started in the VHL.  When I started, I had no idea what to do even though @scurvy tried to tell me how to do things, but his instructions basically sucked.  If it weren’t for Spartan’s patience with my fuckups, I probably would have quit and told Scurvy to bite me.

@Ahma and @FrostBeard have over 12 years of VHL experience combined and they do their one a season podcasts to inform all of us of their opinions of the VHL.  They bring about a discussion of players, teams, and whatever they want to in a way that keeps me interested all the way through the extended podcasts.  On occasion, we will be blessed with a bonus podcast by these two podcasters.  I’m not sure how long they will do their ahmacast presentations, but I hope it continues.

I could go on and on about podcasters who sporadically present their stories and have done so over the years, but I’m pretty sure I’ve already lost everyone who has even looked at this, so I’m going to bring up only one more retro, and this is not podcast related.

This last retro paragraph is about another VHL member who was instrumental in me continuing on trying to be involved in the VHL.  That member is @Shindigs.  Shindigs was one of the most genuine players I met.  He lived and breathed doing what’s right in the VHL.  He helped anyone looking for help, he was involved in discord, he was a GM and he took his roles seriously.  He took being a GM to the next level looking at stats and picking apart game play to determine any trend or anything that could give his team an edge against a specific opponent or player.  Shindigs knew answers to questions I had and was my go-to on pretty much everything I couldnt figure out myself.  I don’t know what happened to Shindigs, nor why he left the VHL, but I miss him and sure hope he’s doing well.

740 words

53 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Next is @Spartan , probably one of the podcasters who can spit out a great podcast at the slightest whim, has been a ghost as far as doing a podcast.  Again, most likely not having the time or desire as he did during the retro time… and being a guest member on another podcast doesn’t count!  Spartan comes up with good topics and almost always interjects a real life, real time event having to deal with Jersey traffic.  There is no doubt Spartan can keep me entertained.  Another retro acknowledgement to Spartan is how much he helped me when I first started in the VHL.  When I started, I had no idea what to do even though @scurvy tried to tell me how to do things, but his instructions basically sucked.  If it weren’t for Spartan’s patience with my fuckups, I probably would have quit and told Scurvy to bite me.

Fortunately (or unfortunately for you) I no longer have to drive into an office, so I don't really have the time to record carcasts anymore. I did feature on a couple of @twists' podcasts if you'd like to check those out, but they're definitely much more casual - bantering with video games noises in the background. Maybe I'll record another one again, a request for something to cover will help a lot!