Retro Teams That Would Kill Todays VHL Teams

fonziGG

80S GIF by Pastelae

There are some teams from the past that I think would kill teams today, to be honest. I was thinking about it when I read the theme week post and thought, hey! This sounds like a fun idea to write about. I'd love to see how some of these teams fared against these modern teams. I'm not going to make any legitimate arguments about whether one will win or not and I sure as hell am not going to research this much. Why do you ask? Because I honestly am doing this for the TPE and I could not give a fuck. These teams are going destroy today's teams. This is also in no specific order.

1. The Seattle Bears S68

Well, let's be clear. The reason this team is on this list is that they fucking dominated during one of the most dominating generations of VHL history. Rayz Funk was one of the best goalies in VHL history and the players on that roster are all-stars on their day. That team was dominating for so long and probably still is, to be honest. I haven't been following the VHL much but I'm pretty sure this roster could probably kick the asses of any current VHL team. In fact, they'd probably kill an all-star team of today's teams. Thats how good they are. 

2. Malmo Nighthawks S68

Yes, this was the second most dominant team in VHLs most dominant golden generation yada yada yada. This team was good. I was on this team as well. They were fire af. Honestly, I genuinely believe they would kill any team today and their all-star team too. I think Bek had the most dominating player on this team and probably carried us to a final but thats neither here nor there. We were good, did we win? I don't think we did. But even then, we'd kill a bunch of dudes from todays teams. Because we were big, strong and had a good young goalie with his dead glued to the ice. Standing there and shit.

3. Vancouver Wolves (Right after I stopped GMing them)

Well, for obvious reasons. Nyko and I broke the fucking sim engine. We are here, with hybrid attributes, primarily due to @Nykonax, but I had a hand in it I'd like to say. Why? Because I drafted @Zetterberg and @MexicanCow123. That started all this fuckin nonsense. It was a fun team to GM, a fun time and honestly, I'd like to thank all three of them because if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here rn typing this shit out. I'm sad Nyko isn't the GM of Vancouver anymore. I'm glad theres new attributes to stop the exploiting stuff from happening but I will gladly say that this roster probably would kill any team today. Honestly, in a street fight, this team would probably eat the VHL of todays all star team. For like a snack or something. Probably even shit them out before the third period ends. Thats how good this team was. Fuck yeah.