VHL Logo History

VHL LOGO HISTORY

(Note: These are just the logos I'm aware of there may be more but from the research I've done it's unlikely. However, if you do have missing logos, questions, or find I may be inaccurate please lmk. Also, many logos have been recreated by me due to small resolution, so they won't be 100% what the old logos were but the design is nearly identical)

Without further ado here is every single logo the VHL has ever used for its teams

Calgary Wranglers:

One of the original VHL teams, the Calgary Wranglers has used three logos throughout its storied history. The Wranglers originally used the logo of the Austin Wranglers which lasted for the entirety of the "stolen logo era" before switching to an original design. This new questionable design was dubbed the derp horse and was used up until fairly recently when the team decided to update the look to a more menacing-looking logo also dropping the wordmark used prior. This is the design still currently used today to represent the Wranglers.
mBVTSbx.pngKDCU8wi.pngtPO3o6w.png
Hamilton Canucks / New York Americans:
The Hamilton Canucks used two logos in their relatively short history. The first is a direct copy of the Vancouver Canucks arena logo, while the other was an icethetics concept of what a Vancouver Canucks logo could look like. In S6 the team moved to New York and became the Americans and adopted an edited version of the Saginaw Spirit's logo. After the VHL made all teams use original logos the tan blue and red "texico logo" was introduced. The name was given due to its (imo very little) similarities to the Texico gas station's branding. This logo lasted a while until seemingly for no reason the current Americans logo was introduced using a more traditional American colour palette. 
kgsJ797.pngaFKDF9v.pnge4e1UKi.pngBDUPWhw.pngMj4EGXj.png

Seattle Everblades / Seattle Bears:

The Seattle Everblades lasted two seasons (yes two seasons the franchise history Google sheet is inaccurate) in the VHL and branded themselves based on the Florida Everblades a team in the ECHL. This as mentioned before didn't last very long as they decided to rebrand in S3 to the Seattle Bears. This team adopted the branding colours of the early 2000s Hersey Bears. While the logo wouldn't last due to the move away from stolen logos the new logo introduced would keep the colours and general style of the original. The team would for a final time update the logo into the one we know today.

JsIzBuk.pngqVCiOVs.pngR8pqKJt.pngenHrtxB.png

Toronto Legion:

One of the two original teams that never moved or changed their name the Toronto Legion has a surprisingly long list of logos under their belt. The first logo was introduced in S1. Not much is known about the origin of the logo other than the fact a rugby team in the middle east uses a similar version and many small internet communities have used it. They quickly changed to the Washington Capitols copy which actually had two versions the first was used for at least 10 seasons before switching to the simplified and recoloured design. As is the same with every team that used copyrighted logos the team switched to an original design featuring a blue army helmet in a badge. This was changed to the logo we know today which combined elements of all past logos into one.
4MEW4Nv.pngNBjOJIv.pngqZID4iI.pngmolvH6A.pngVgDI475.png

Note: Three teams only lasted one season in the VHL making finding any information let alone logos especially impossible to find. If you do have information please let me know.

Amstel Tijers / Avangard Havoc / Davos Dynamo:

The Amstel Tijers were the first of three teams under the current Davos Dynamo ownership. They moved after only one season to Avangard which introduced the Havoc. This team grabbed their design from the Huntsville Havoc a team plating in the SPHL. The team lasted nine seasons before relocating to Davos which gave us the Davos Dynamo we know today. The Dynamo have had three logos throughout their history all featuring the iconic mountains with a Purple, Black, and White colour scheme.
0IOGrX9.png2DTrtox.pngDtgCcGO.png1vdUVvi.pngJZbEPac.png

Helsinki Frostbite / Helsinki Titans:
Helsinki was another franchise that's first name was ditched after one season. The Helsinki Frostbite quickly became the Helsinki Titans which introduced a logo that's origins I could not find. Many different sports organizations and high schools borrow the design with alterations. After the league dropped stolen logos the Titans introduced the first iteration of the Titan head. It lasted for a while before being updated to drop the tan colour in favour of white and grey.
0IOGrX9.pnge82xKBk.pngtkJ0dbp.pngtuoMqDy.png

Stockholm Thunder / Stockholm Rams / Riga Reign:
The first of the Stockholm teams in the VHL was not actually the Vikings but rather the Stockholm Thunder. This name only lasted one season before a rebrand occurred. Stockholm dropped the name Thunder in place of the Rams. This rebrand introduced a fierce (also stolen) looking Ram with Blue, White, and Light Yellow colours. This team would last six seasons before being moved to Riga which introduced the Riga Reign. The Reign's first logo was a slightly recoloured version of the original Ontario Reign branding. It was later dropped for an original logo which featured an animal of some sort, maybe a Lion? idk. Anyways it lasted probably much longer than it should have before the team made the switch to the Lion with a Crown we know today.
0IOGrX9.pngDgY3A6s.png3nyitra.pnggbHnPOz.pngSOkqZBC.png

Vasteras IK Black Eagles / Madrid Thunder / Vasteras Iron Eagles / Stockholm Vikings:
The Vasteras IK Black Eagles (yes you read that right the team used to be called the Black Eagles) Is one of the more storied and recognisable vintage franchises of the VHL's history. Their logo and name were taken from the SHL team Vasteras IK. They lasted for 15 seasons before confusingly moving to Madrid and becoming the Madrid Thunder. The logo was lifted from an old ECHL team called the Stockton Thunder. After four seasons it was clear that the team should be moved back to Vasteras where they dropped the Ik and became the Vasteras Iron Eagles. The team introduced an original logo which was the inspiration for the current VHLE Vasteras Iron Eagles. However, the team would once again relocate out of Vasteras becoming the Stockholm Vikings. The Vikings would use two different logos one a more simplistic black and white monocolour logo featuring a simple Viking boat. The laster logo would be a much more expressive boat with much more colour interestingly using Red and yellow rather than Blue and Yellow we see in the VHLE today.

LuQ0oEp.pngF5t3M9M.pngbvF8SWH.pngLScrGlD.pngtjl2Vdl.png

Cologne Express:
The Cologne Express introduced a very cool train logo which was updated later on to represent the current VHLE team.

l25SZZi.png

Quebec City Meute / Vancouver Wolves:
Quebec City Meute used the same logo as the current Vancouver Wolves. While the team location and name may have changed their branding did not.
5KtomdM.png

Current Logos (with no previous logos)
EJ0L3mj.png0SnQ0Xb.pngv1oCLgh.pngGPmWY3v.pngJoLZlex.pngxW9HivG.pngTdPtbN5.pngO10RFtd.png

Missing Logos:

Amstel Tijers
Helsinki Frostbite
Stockholm Thunder

VHLM LOGO HISTORY

• Commissioner

Of note the Vikings logo with the boat was always their main logo. The round black and white one was just an alternate.

I can also 100% picture the Tijgers logo but have no sweet clue where I would be able to find it. It was an orange tiger facing I think to the left. Similar to the bottom left image here but not the exact same: DAF8FC80-38D2-4F63-9E13-E026E712A2FD.webp

Edit: I was wrong, it faced right. You can see the tiny emoticon version of it in the S1 draft. Unfortunately Helsinki’s definitely isn’t the original and I don’t think Stockholm is either unless it and Madrid were the same base.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Of note the Vikings logo with the boat was always their main logo. The round black and white one was just an alternate.

I can also 100% picture the Tijgers logo but have no sweet clue where I would be able to find it. It was an orange tiger facing I think to the left. Similar to the bottom left image here but not the exact same: DAF8FC80-38D2-4F63-9E13-E026E712A2FD.webp

Edit: I was wrong, it faced right. You can see the tiny emoticon version of it in the S1 draft. Unfortunately Helsinki’s definitely isn’t the original and I don’t think Stockholm is either unless it and Madrid were the same base.

Bottom right image is superior 

10 hours ago, Beketov said:

I don’t think Stockholm is either unless it and Madrid were the same base

Actually you might be on to something, the logo used for Stockholm zoomed in has white letters where the yellow letters in the Madrid logo should be. Plus the team they took it from a is called the Stockton Thunder not a huge leap to guess that’s what they used.