VHLM Logo History

Zetterberg

VHLM LOGO HISTORY

After digging around I've compiled a list of almost every logo that the VHLM has ever used. From what I can tell there are 2 logos missing. If you know what these may have looked like or have the logo file please let me know. I don't believe there were more however I could be wrong and if you have any information or logos letting me know would be appreciated. Anyways here is the logo history of every VHLM team 

(Important notes: around S32 logos moved from being stolen and recoloured to bought or community created)

Saskatoon Wild:

Originally the Fresno Bulls (logo missing) in S9 they moved to Buffalo and became the Jr. Bears who had the same identity as their VHL counterpart who had taken it from the Hersey Bears' old branding. after a short stint there they moved once again to Saskatoon and became the Wild we know today. originally they used a Wenatchee Wild concept posted on Icethetics before switching to the current logo

0IOGrX9.png   qoJsiua.pngJF2PsaY.png-cIbSZpg.png

Ottawa Lynx:
Originally the Ottawa Ice Dogs, Ottawa borrowed the branding of the Mississauga Ice Dogs from the OHL until S33 when they switched to the lynx and introduced a cougar as a logo for some reason, this was later changed to better represent the team's identity with the introduction of a logo that actually looks like a lynx.
QeqHVUU.png-Me4stgN.png-H4VucKR.png

Las Vegas Aces:
The Aces have the most rebrands as far as I can tell. Originally starting as the Toledo Scorpions (taken from the new mexico scorpions) the team rebranded into the Bern Royals adopting a lion with a crown with purple and gold colours. This was later changed (probably around S32) into a king and was used until they rebranded yet again into the team we know today the Las Vegas Aces. Originally sporting an Oakland A's inspired crest. There are two known versions of this crest the time frames in which they were used are up in the air as of right now however later they dropped the style in favour of the current logo.

ufH0k15.pnggfmlb2v.png kKbCxh4.png uVroG2t.pngw5KDeZB.png    SS0EhgM.png

Minnesota Storm:
Originally the Gothenburg Eagles, The team started out with an eagle holding a broken hockey stick a pretty common trope around hockey bird logos this was later changed into a much more simplified logo. In S19 the team rebranded into the Oslo Screaming Seamen which branded it's self with an edited version of the New York Islanders Fishsticks jersey. This predictably only lasted 4 seasons before switching to the Oslo Storm. This introduced the Zeus logo (taken from a rugby league team in Australia the Melbourne Storm ) which was later changed (probably around S32) to the logo used by the current Oslo Storm. They moved to Minnesota however a rebrand did not accompany the move.
CgdsA4S.png 5B9Wycc.png  v91HfAD.pngFCagdiN.pngbvdrPiS.png
Turku Outlaws:
The Outlaws started out as the Jonkoping Warriors for the first 11 seasons. They would later rebrand into the Kolari Wolves (Finding the Wolves logo was a little crazy I found an old vhlm magazine that had it. Reverse image searched and it only came up on a weird Russian website) They then would shortly after become the Kolari Panthers. This identity would last for 17 seasons before finally becoming the Turku Outlaws. The team would later fold in S42 becoming one of the first-ever teams to fold in VHLM history. (Notice: The Turku Outlaws logo is not the one they actually used as full versions haven't been found. however, using fragments found from the forum we know the colours, face, and hat are all that were used in the original. Basically, this would look like a knock-off of the original)

I4BLH4C.pngww3cBJX.png
 m75DDk3.png bqkk7cx.png

Minot Gladiators:
The Gladiators originally stole their design from the ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators replacing the Atlanta in the logo with Minot. It was used up until a rebrand in S26 had them become the Syracuse Wolfpack (logo missing) (given the context of it being pre S30 it's probably stolen and probably the Hartford Wolfpacks logo) before going back to the Minot Gladiators introducing a new logo which was the base for the current Rome Gladiators. The team folded in S42 along with the outlaws.
ColZCs8.png0IOGrX9.png7IvumOz.png

Moscow Red Wolves / Vasteras IK J20:

Vasteras IK J20 originally used the same logo as its VHL parent taken from the actual Vasteras IK in the SHL. This lasted for the majority of their run before the team rebranded to again match their VHL parent int he Madrid Thunder however they kept their name. This would happen again when the VHL team would move back to Vasteras and got the name the Iron Eagles. During this time they were affectionately dubbed the Baby Eagles In S37 They moved to Moscow and become the Moscow Red Wolves. This became the base that was later adapted into the Istanbul Red Wolves' current logo. The team was later folded in S51
zsA5g7P.pngArInCNQ.png2xwDnG5.pngrxgdQ4d.png

Brampton Blades:
Folded in S53 The Brampton blades sported 3 looks the first as the Brampton Battalion stealing the North Bay Battalions branding. They would later rebrand into the Blades again stealing and recolouring the saskatoon blades' old identity. Then around S32 they changed their logo into an original design seemingly inspired by the Winnipeg Jets.

WEwpjjb.png Cumuygc.png2DoYTBe.png

Yukon Rush:
The Yukon Rush (rest in peace 😭) Actually had two logos in their lifetime the first was a direct copy of the Rapid City Rush of the ECHL then the beautiful Gold and Blue R you know of today used currently by the Geneva Rush. The Rapid City logo was most likely only used for 3 or 4 seasons before being replaced.

YlwAqqN.png      WRHvDn8.png

Bratislava Watchmen:
Created in S31 the Watchmen used two different logos during their 22 seasons starting with a light blue and black man squinting before turning into the current one being used by its VHLE team. The team was folded in S53 and was brought back later for the VHLE

I2NpkZm.png bratislava_logo.png

Mexico City Kings:
Founded in S66, the Kings have dawned 2 logos the first being rebranded to avoid promoting offensive imagery.

smTgEEz.png nUV8KiM.png

Halifax 21st:
Halifax have used two primary logos and one alternate
X1wTZdY.pngnUzI3pM.png Halifax_lg_new.png

The Rest:
These are all the current teams who have never rebranded and are still active:

Houston-lg.png MIA_lg.pngReapers-lg_Zl1p76z.png MississaugaLogo.png Marlins_V1l4Gw1.png

Again if you have any more information that can help paint a more accurate picture please DM me 

VHL LOGO HISTORY

Edited by Zetterberg

• Commissioner
51 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

Halifax used two logos as of right now I am unaware if there was a switch in logos of if one was simply a primary while the other was an alternate.

These ones are technically just a primary and an alt but there have been 2 Halifax logos. The original is still visible on the portal because I never got around to changing it in their little banner thing. We paid someone a stupid amount of money to make a horrid logo that I had to spend hours trying to fix anyway.

Take a look if you don’t mind your eyes bleeding.

1 hour ago, Zetterberg said:

Folded in S53 The Brampton blades sported 3 looks the first as the Brampton Battalion stealing the North Bay Battalions branding.

I do believe that the Brampton Battalion were actually an OHL team, iirc based on playing older NHL games they relocated to North Bay around 2013

This is fantastic! I don’t recall that original Yukon logo at all, but I’m willing to take your word for it.

For some reason I want to say that Syracuse Wolfpack logo was one of Saskatoon’s logos, but I could be mistaken.

The Buffalo Jr. Bears used the Hershey Bears logo.

2149.gif

I can picture the Bulls logo but can’t find it.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This is fantastic! I don’t recall that original Yukon logo at all, but I’m willing to take your word for it.

If you look at the founders cup champion banners in the portal it comes up. also I found this in an old online magazine any idea when it was used versus the one you sent? bKZTvdm.png

Edited by Zetterberg

5 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Brilliant stuff, Z!

The logo used by the Screaming Seamen was the New York Islanders' Horton's fisherman logo, with "Screaming Seamen" added to it.

I found it!!

22 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

Created in S31 the Watchmen used two different logos during their 22 seasons starting with a light blue and black man squinting before turning into the current one being used by its VHLE team. The team was folded in S53 and was brought back later for the VHLE

I2NpkZm.png 

Jimmy Carr vibes anyone?

23 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

If you look at the founders cup champion banners in the portal it comes up. also I found this in an old online magazine any idea when it was used versus the one you sent? bKZTvdm.png

Hm, not really, I don’t recall this logo even. 👴