Vladovechsenkchushkin's Send-Off

Grape

The time has come for Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin to hang up the skates. He has had a fruitful career and has gone through many changes over that course. He first started out with the goal to become the ultimate grinder, and focused purely on checking and fighting attributes. Then the hybrid change came out and my VHLE GM talked me into rerolling and becoming a player that would actually be useful for a team, so I spread the TPE around to create a legitimate scoring forward. Then I rerolled again when I actually looked into the hybrid stats and allocated TPE in a more savvy method, creating my best player to date. While Vladovechsenkchushkin never really tore up the scoresheet and will likely be forgotten in the sea of okay VHL players, I am personally very happy with how they turned out, even though I went away from the original plan.

On the personal side of things, so much has changed in my life in recent history. I will be going into my Senior year of college, and am studying my ass off so I can get into a Master’s program. I was elected to an executive position with my fraternity and hold a ton more responsibility than what I used to have, also gaining two Littles in the process. I ended up making a massive mistake which cost me thousands of dollars and had me living in six different places over the course of a month. This will be my second summer working with children. I’ve finally gotten my drinking under control. Over all, this has been a time of major growth and responsibility for me. I am not the same person as I was when I created this player, and I feel that that signals a change for this player. Sort of like, getting rid of the old me, bringing in the new me, or something poetic like that. 

Bob Vladovechsenkchushkin may still have one more season before a forced retirement, but it truly feels that he has run his course. Bob started off as a reckless player, throwing the body and punches whenever he wanted and worried about the consequences later, and eventually evolved to become a more secure two-way player with a fair bit of offensive bite. Now, however, it’s time for a change, a rebirth so to speak. To potential GMs out there interested in snagging this future superstar, I won’t give you much. What I will tell you, is that they will be a defenseman, they will have a gimmick build, and they will have a damn good name.

The VHL has been a rock for me, being the only thing consistently stable and rewarding in the recent past for me. Through much of the chaos that filled my life, both with this player and with the past players, I have always found comfort and happiness with the VHL, and fully intend to stay and continue to be a part of it for many more seasons to come. With all that being said, this will be Bob’s final TPE claim, and a new player will be put in place.

(524 words 🫠)

It was pleasure having Bob (the longest name ever) playing in Vancouver with the Wolves this past season. Wish you and your new player all the best. Also stay being you with your next player since I think it will help you enjoy the league even more as it will bring new challenges and new stories to be written. Congrats on a decent career with four teams with 360 games played, 133 goals, 150 assist for 283 points; just under that magic point per game.

Will look forward to see your new Defender and watching you give it hell in the VHLM & VHLE for the next few seasons.

Catching Fire Cheers GIF by The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2