Survey Results

Like @Gustav  said, the Gen Z range could probably be broken down a step further, there's a giant difference between 15 and 25. I'm 22 myself, but I didn't have the same childhood some who is say 17 had, just because of the amount of booming industries like tech over the last 20 years. I didn't get my first phone till I was probably 12, and even then I had a little flip phone with and old style texting layout. Compare that to someone who's had internet access from the age of 7 and you have two very different upbringings. Probably why I consume most of my media in print, usually in blogs like reddit or journals, as opposed to A&V channels like I'm assuming a majority of Gen Z put (I'd also be interested to see what the breakdown is, if the teen demographic is one of the highest on the site)

On 6/16/2023 at 3:12 PM, Gustav said:

I'm also not sure "we should do more videos" is even a valid takeaway from this either as Reddit recruitment used to be easily the best option back when we were allowed to mass upvote (and YouTube ads became the thing more so as a response).

I am living, breathing proof that reddit ads work. I joined the site when I saw a post on r/bostonbruins by @Spade18 back in 2018

1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

I am living, breathing proof that reddit ads work. I joined the site when I saw a post on r/bostonbruins by @Spade18 back in 2018

I think 95% of the people that were recruited when I was on the recruitment team were from Reddit.  People on reddit still claim I'm a bot sometimes cause they go back and seen all the VHL posts in a row on my profile lol.

9 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

Because the pie chart is percentage, the data below it is the actual number of responses for that selection.

On 6/17/2023 at 6:23 AM, thadthrasher said:

Print Media Preference: 58

Audio/Visual Preference: 48

Pie chart says 

Print media 45.3%

Audio/Visual 54.7%

One of them is backwards 

Feel like I'm 50/50 for text-based and visual content, but I more so read articles and other written media to gain information whereas I watch videos for entertainment, so I went with the print media based on how the question was phrased. I think a "Both" option would have helped.

It would also be interesting to see a bar graph that shoes which age groups picked each option.