Founder's Cup Finals: Game 5

VHL Games

• Beketov changed the title to Founder's Cup Finals: Game 5

Great series and season Philly! This series was obviously much closer than 5 games. Games 2 and 3 could have easily swung your way. I tip my hat for the back to back finals and winning one!

To my Marlins, thank you for all your hard work this season! You all truly earned it, I just kept the ship steering in the direction. It was an awesome team and an awesome locker room. Let the discord fun begin!

• 2 weeks later...

Founder's Cup Final - Game 5 - San Diego Marlins vs. Philadelphia Reapers

The Marlins have the chance to clinch it all in game 5 while the Reapers fight to survive in this tense match. This is the Founder's Cup final at its finest. In the first frame, there was a lot of back and forth between the teams. Philadelphia and San Diego were exchanging shots, hits, and even penalties allowing for some high-tension action as both team got a few power plays. The only goal in the period would come on one of these power plays; San Diego getting on the board first courtesy of Vladimir Kozlov in the latter half of the first. That would prove to be the only goal in the first period. In the second, both teams would prove to be more wary as they took no penalties. Shots were fairly even, 8-7 in favour of Philadelphia. However, this would be a quiet period as no goals would be scored in the middle frame. Down 1-0, Philadelphia looked to get onto the board, which they would in the third frame courtesy of Axle Gunner. The problem was, before Gunner's goal, San Diego had scored on the power play and on even strength, courtesy of Tyrece The Beast and Baby Moo Moo respectively. The clock hit zero and gear went flying. Reapers fans left the home building. The San Diego Marlins are your VHLM champions.