Seattle Weaving Through Off-Season, Find Their Guy

Banackock

Seattle Weaving Through Off-Season, Find Their Guy

SEATTLE - If it's one thing the Seattle Bears are good at other than winning, it's having fun, successful off-seasons. Maybe we're tooting our own horn here a little but, but they do seem to always find a way to make the most out of situations in the off-season. Last season, how many trades did they make? They made 9. Those trades were massive and absolutely critical to the success that Seattle had last season. Sure, they lost out to a New York team that got red hot, found momentum and then fell flat to a seasoned Wolves team. They did have a strong regular season though and once again showed the league they're still one of the best and have been doing it now for almost 25 seasons consistently. This off-season it seems to be the same status quo for the Seattle Bears organization as they quickly got to work, working the DM lines on Discord and even throwing back to some Forum offers for old time sake. The Seattle Bears have so far made 4 (5...) trades this off-season, but there's strong rumours out there that they're not finished quite yet! Before we get to that, let's take a look at the moves they've made so far.

:sea: TO SEATTLE

(S87) Logan Foley

S90 MAL 2nd

S90 NYA 2nd

:mal:TO MALMO

(S85) Daniel Weaver

BREAKDOWN: 

Tough deal to make because Daniel Weaver is a good player and good member @ThePerfectNut. I've had them on the team before and we were fortunate enough to win together. I know what you get when they're on your team. They're typically consistent earners, good players, loyal/fun members of the locker room and always help the team find a way to win. I would have loved to have kept them, but that's the business sometimes. We end up picking up two 2nd round picks in a solid draft. We can use these to draft or as trade chips to gather other assets and moves. Logan Foley was the player sent along in the deal and while I didn't have a huge amount of knowledge on the player, I knew a small bit about the member @WildfireMicro. So far they've been a very good, active member of the Seattle team and we like what we've seen. :) 

(S88) Boolie Bucholz 

S90 SEA 4th

:cal: TO CALGARY

Halvar Torbjorn

BREAKDOWN: 

Simple trade. @Rayzor_7 stepped down from running things in Helsinki. Things seemed a little negative and down, so I swopped in hoping to bring aboard a good VHL bud and make them enjoy what they can with the VHL. Their player is okay. They need to earn. They can do better. It doesn't take long. They're a valuable member to the team and have been added to the council for Seattle. Hopefully being part of that can keep the fire alive!

Karl Pedersen

:cal: TO CALGARY

S92 SEA 4th

Ilya Bryzgalov

BREAKDOWN: 

We had two options this off-season. I really wanted to retool and gather some draft picks/youth, while also contending. The plan was to move some of our more valuable pieces for picks, then bringing in a little bit older and/or cheaper through trade or FA. However, trade talks were slowing down and kind of paused between Moscow @Spartan as he had something going on is what we'll say! This kind of forced my hand.. the longer you wait, the longer you play with fire in the off-season. It can pay off, but the risk gets bigger. Especially on off-seasons like this.. when it started there was TONS of chatter.. but not too much for trades.. things kind of got jammed as lots waited for finances, depreciation and the lottery. Well, boom! Log jam seems to be freed as we head into draft day! Expect huge moves that day too imo. I still REALLY wanted to contend.. so we went out and tried to get Pedersen.. Was hopeful but I heard likely not which is alright. 

Clueless Wallob

S90 MOS 3rd

S90 MOS 4th

:mos: TO MOSCOW

Karl Pedersen

12th Overall

BREAKDOWN: 

Despite being told it was going to be await, it wasn't too long after the deal above with Calgary triggered Spartan to message me. I think within the hour we had a done deal! Was kinda messy because of the waiting and then man, I got sloppy at the end.. but that's all good! Was decent talks and while it was hard to let go of 12th overall, it was a fair deal. We're really happy adding an elite, legendary goalie like @DMaximus and super thrilled to be adding them to our bears family and locker room. Been a massive fan of the agency for a long time and I'm so happy we get to add them to my tenure history!

Edited by Banackock

I understand that since I have foggy brain syndrome as well as this time or year with trades, UFA, draft etc..... Sometimes hard to always wrap your brain around what is being discussed.