S90 Moscow Menace Captains Announcement

Spartan

oak4Qo5.png

Well damn, this season's team looks a lot different than last season's. I've mentioned it here and there, but making the decision to pull the trigger on a rebuild was pretty difficult - especially knowing that we could have kept all of our veterans and made one last push before we lost most of the team to retirement and FA. However, the organization has the opportunity to level set after 9 straight seasons of extremely strong performances - and 35 awards coming to the team and our players.

As we enter the S90's, like we did entering the S80's, it's time to feature a new generation of players who will lead us into the future. We've got a couple familiar faces left on the team, so we've got a nice mix of new and old players making up our leadership team.

First Alternate - Nils Andersson - @Viper

Typically, I assign captaincy and alternates based on tenure with the team or overall experience in their careers. Viper and Andersson buck that trend, but for very good reason. For those unfamiliar with Viper, he's had a pretty lengthy history of inconsistency with players and a reputation of fizzling out early in his players' careers. When we drafted Andersson back in S88, Viper and I had some chats about how we'd approach this player and how we could keep him going, regardless of any obstacles in his way. Now entering his third VHL season, Viper is poised to have his highest TPE player ever, and has become a great voice to have in the LR and with our advisors. He's learned from mistakes in the past and has showed a lot of maturity since I first met him three years ago, and I'm very confident in giving him an 'A' here in Moscow.

Second Alternate - Babay Shrimp - @Blazzer

A new face to the team, but a player and user who have already settled into the locker room quite comfortably. There was no shortage of suitors for Babay Shrimp this offseason, and despite Moscow's status as a rebuilding team, Blazzer was more than happy to join us for at least a season and be part of our organization and contribute to our culture. A veteran player who will be able to guide the young forwards on our team, we expect big things from Shrimp on and off the ice this season!

Captain - Hammar Voss - @BOOM

A long time alternate captain for four seasons now, Hammar Voss takes a step beyond simply being the best defenseman in the VHL, to becoming the Moscow captain. I suppose we're buying into the meme here that Moscow captains always end up off the team the following season since Voss is retiring after this season, but it might have been the easiest captain decision I've made as a GM. Boom is involved in our LR in all aspects, whether it's providing our players with gorgeous sigs, helping to guide our team plans, posting boobs or just chatting with folks, he's been one of my favorite acquisitions to the team outside the draft. I hope we can send a future HOFer off with a great final season!

Congrats to all named to the leadership team!

:mos: MOSCOW MOSCOW MOSCOW :mos:

Edited by Spartan

4 hours ago, BOOM said:

Thanks for the selection and congratulations to both alternates. Have loved my time in Moscow...great group, great GM. 

Suck Up Season 3 GIF by The Office

Really Congrats to all on the selection.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito