S89 Calgary Wranglers Awards

S89 Calgary Wranglers award

Here we are... this legendary core that represented Calgary for so long is gone. With this big chapter of the team's history closing with the departure of legends such as Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877, Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg , AirRig GoodBrandSon @Rhynex Entertainment and the notorious Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser to name a few, let's end this era in style with an award ceremony. It has been an honor for me to be a member of this team from the day I was drafted to the day I was traded, and I want to thank everyone on the team for welcoming me and for having faith in me ( Edit: Take this GWG as my thank you letter Calgary). 

:cal:Most Valuable Wrangler :cal:

Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg

Leandro's impact on the wrangler has always been felt whether it was on the ice or the locker room. How many players around the league have a fan club in their lr ? To focus on his work on the ice in S89, Leandro lead the wranglers in points with 94 and was only 1 goal behind the team leader in that domain with 39. 1/3 of the Wranglers golden 3, it's the first time Leandro manages to beat the other 2 and lead the team in points which just shows how good all 3 of them are when we know the talent Leandro has. S89 was his career high season, with 7 more points then his previous career high in S88. It's safe to say that Leandro will be missed in Calgary and that he deserves this award a lot. 

:cal: Sheriff's badge Daniel Janser Trophy:cal:

Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser

If Ianyone in the league thought about Calgary for the last few seasons,Daniel Janser would be their first thought, If I asked a first-gen about Calgary, they would've told me about Daniel Janser. The truth is, the Wranglers were Daniel Janser and Daniel Janser was the Wranglers. So you could say that the sheriff was in fact always Janser. Because yes, the sheriff's badge has been renamed to be the Daniel Janser Trophy. The Daniel Janser trophy is given to the player who has shown the most leadership. Who better to describe leadership then this guy ? After hanging his skates this past season, his impact is undeniable

:cal:Top Shelf Award:cal:

Vincent Laroche-Gagnier @vincentlg2007

"In S89, it's 30 goals or nothing for VLG."-Vincent Laroche-Gagnier, He made a promise last season... After 2 not bad but underwhelming seasons, it was time for VLG to take a step up.  With a 40 goal season, VLG lead the Wranglers in goal thus winning the Top Shelf award. In those 40 goals, only 6 of them were on the Power play which is as much as he had in 88 when he scored 21 goals. VLG also had 10 game winning goal making himself a clutch player for Calgary. 

:cal: Rybak Trophy :cal:

Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg

As mentionned before, Leandro was the Wrangler with the post points which means he wins the Rybak Trophy! Leanfrog had 8 more points then the 2nd in points for the Wranglers establishing himself as the man when it came to put up points in S89. Those 94 points made him 8th in the entire league. 

:cal: Last Line Award :cal:

AirRig GoodBrandSun @Rhynex Entertainment

Yes, it's him who wins it yet again. Which means our back to back to back to back to back Last Line Award winner given to the Wranglers top defenseman is AirRig GoodBrandSun. In his final season in Calgary, he had a pretty good 60 points rally along with only 58 penalty minutes and a pretty impressive 116 hits and 140 shots blocked record. The 6'5 d-man is a terror for whoever dares to try and approach the net. Now a Seattle Bear player, Calgary's management will see what it's like to try to play against this excellent defenseman. 

:cal:Jubis Memorial Trophy:cal:

Vincent Laroche-Gagnier @vincentlg2007

With Daniel Janser, Landon Wolanin and Leandro Goncalves all closer to hanging their skates then to lace them on for their rookie lap, Vincent Laroche-Gagnier was seen by most as the one that would step up and be that dominant forward for seasons to come in Calgary. But how can a guy putting up 43 points replace the likes of Daniel Janser ? While no one expected VLG to play at the level that the big 3 did, he was seen as a possible 30/40 goals scorer. Well, after 2 underwhelming seasons Vincent finally showed his potential having more points this season then he had in his entire career going from close to undesirable to undeniable. A 40 goals, 80 points guy is what he became in his 3rd season in the league.  That made him a hot target to acquire for other teams and the rebuilding Wranglers needed assets. While his destiny ultimately wasn't to be the one to lead the post-big 3 Calgary, the new DC Dragons captain managed to help Calgary strongly leaving behind some big big picks and after this, it's safe to say that the future is looking bright for VLG, but also for the Wranglers. And so, the Jubis Memorial trophy given to the member of the organization who demonstrates the most potential for long-term success has been given to Vincent Laroche-Gagnier

:cal: Young Buck Award:cal:

Steve Lattimer @pugsood

It's not the first time Lattimer wins the Young Buck award given to the Wrangler's top prospect ! Last time, he was about to enter the E after an excellent M career, well it's safe to say his dominance carried on to Europe. In 88, he had 85 points and 36 goals in his VHLE rookie season. A very amazing mark but it's nothing compared to this season's stats. Lattimer ended the season 4th in points and 1st in goals. When I said dominating, I meant dominating. We're talking 104 points in 72 games and 49 goals!! He also had 8 points in 8 games in the playoff showing that he isn't a regular season only player.  Legends even says that he didn't graduate to the VHL... He was simply expelled and banned from the E because everyone was scared of him. He didn't only terrorize the world in Europe... he also terrorize the world FOR Europe. Lattimer played for Team Europe at the World Juniors in 88 and 89. His 88 campaign was good totalizing 7 points in 10 games, but as he did in the VHLE, he exploded in 89 with an astonishing 23 points and 11 goals in 10 world junior games. His VHL career is starting of well too with 3 points in 4 games. Lattimer is a true star in the making. You still have time to jump on the Lattimer band-wagon !

Spoiler

1104 words

Edited by vincentlg2007