A Mathematical Wonder!

jacobcarson877

I have had absolutely no control these days over what my brain decides to do. There are probably a million more “productive” things I could have done after work today, but I decided I’d work on some build guides, not for any of my existing players, that would be too easy. Ignoring the fact that most of them are depreciating now, and maybe I’m simply excited for the next era of United players to rush in, but I generally assume it is a general frustration with what seems to be a complete lack of, and yet utter obsession with logic STHS has. So here I am making 400-1200ish TPA builds for every player archetype I can think of, and the question hits my brain.

How little TPE can one spend to get to 95 DF?

This was a particular goal I had for my current player, just to be insane, and I thought I did a pretty good job. On the DF-providing hybrid attributes, I spent 600 TPE. My goal was to do it with the least amount of CK, while still remaining cost effective. I still think this was the best method for my player, so I’m not too worried that it wasn’t the perfect answer.

I’ll cut to the chase, but I think the most TPE optimal way to get to 95 DF is:

90 DK
75 BC
95 PC
94 DC

(this ended up being 2 TPE higher than the real answer, provided by Nykonax below)

For a mere 587 (585) TPE! That’s barely a VHL player!

If anyone thinks they can do better, let me know!

And yes, I’ll get back to those builds!

Edited by jacobcarson877

10 minutes ago, v.2 said:

What would scoring be after spending to get D to 95?

i added none in this experiment, but hey @der meister is off to a hot start with no SC!

but you could be up to like 65 PA/SC once you cross 702 TPE! (then the concern becomes SK and PH but alas we can't simply have everything in the magical world of hypotheticals)

18 minutes ago, v.2 said:

What would scoring be after spending to get D to 95?

Literally nothing, but the analysis for this efficiency-wise is actually quite a bit simpler. 

Just add to OV until it becomes more expensive to increase SC with it than it does with SS or WS, then upgrade SS and WS evenly until that flips back, then repeat. 

...unfortunately, all this means is that eventually you just spend 675 TPE maxing out SC with all three of those attributes at 99 (and your actual SC caps out at 93). But there are definitely times on the way up to that where it makes more sense to upgrade it with one thing than another.

Combining this with the 95-DF build mentioned here gets you a player who only has 56 SK but who is really good otherwise...all for the low price of 1262 TPA. Which is doable for a max earner 👁️ but I'll always encourage people to build how they want.

4 minutes ago, Gustav said:

all for the low price of 1262 TPA

conveniently 2 TPA below the build I'll be upholding hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have spent so much to get SK and PH to a decent rate and instead get ... 4 more SC!!!

13 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I’ll cut to the chase, but I think the most TPE optimal way to get to 95 DF is:

90 DK
75 BC
95 PC
94 DC

For a mere 587TPE! That’s barely a VHL player!

I got 95 DF in 585 TPE

90 DK
75 BC
98 PC
90 DC

I think this is the most efficient you can do? I essentially just upgraded whichever attribute would give the most DF/TPE

Edited by Nykonax

13 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

I got 95 DF in 585 TPE

90 DK
75 BC
98 PC
90 DC

I think this is the most efficient you can do? I essentially just upgraded whichever attribute would give the most DF/TPE

I hadn't even considered that going above 95 on something could actually be the best option! Thanks for the update!