Helsinki Titans Press Conference

FTK

2 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95294g46zokxrnj80z0ow

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  What are you most excited for heading into the new season?

Having a great season for Helsinki 

2 hours ago, Triller said:

2.  What are your expectations for your player?

As good as last year or better. 

Need playoff rask during season. 

3.  How did your player's Off-Season go?

depreciation hit hard 

4.  What is your favorite VHL player name that you have seen?

Smitty Weberjensehousen  guy

5.  Now that the holidays are over, what do you look forward to next?

maybe a vacation somewhere warm if i can swing it. 

6.  What is your favorite cartoon?

Family guy

Being passed on last season for a single award and not even being an All star after finish second in defenceman scoring has Bouchard a bit more motivated this year to prove everyone wrong that he is still an All star defenceman. Also having a chance to make a final run at the Continental Cup as was always my hope when I waived my NTC to be dealt to Helsinki. We have a good team and it should lead at least to the play-off; where as we know anything can happen.

Mls Cup GIF by Major League Soccer

Same as it has been for the last few season about a assists per game and aiming for at least 80pts. I would love to hit the 100pts mark for defenceman as I don`t remember the last time some managed this so it would be nice but I think a bit of an ask. I am also looking at career goals this season as I would like to finish with at least a point per game with my player, total 2000TPE and 600+ points before the night calls.

Be Great The Best GIF by SportsManias

Way better then I expected with all the extra TPE giving a huge boost to this retiring bum!! I was expecting to start the season around 900TPE but I am well over 1000TPE now and should easily hit the 1061TPE that I set as my goal to finish with so I might have to move the bar depending on all the extras I continue to get up until the trade deadline. Oh, Bouchard also won the PROAM with a Naughty team of Elves so he as won almost all possible team awards now with the VHLE awards only missing of the resume!!

Party Wow GIF by Max Amini

Wann Kerr was good one as it took me a while before I even noticed plus Ben Dover is another good one but I really don`t pay attention to the players names too much.

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

Well, if I remember as both myself and my wife has forgot for the past few years would be our wedding anniversary and than shortly after that end of the school year actually like two days afterwards than my birthday as I usually get a day off or at least will take one this year. Actually I just looked so I think I am off for three straight days for the B-day and everyone else is at work/school so that should be fun and than lastly start of the new School year in April. Oh, Warmer weather as it is a bit cold right now!!

Snl Queen GIF by Saturday Night Live

Haven`t watch cartoon is years as Japanese don`t watch cartoons but rather Anime; which I haven`t watched since I was in high school and I tended to watch the more off beat ones; I guess!! When I did watch and I can watch it here on Disney+ is the Family guy as everyone thinks I am similar to Peter!!

Happy Family Guy GIF

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

I'm excited because our team is almost identical to what we had last season, so I think we will be a team to fear this season.

Well I'm coming off an award winning season, I'm not sure that I can repeat that, but I'm expecting at least point per game again.

It went well, I'm getting up there in years so not as much progression as I would like, but still some improvements here and there.

The first one that popped into my mind was MORPHEUS DESTRUCTIOUS.

Just the next holidays I get off work.

I haven't watched any cartoons for a while, I do occasionally watch anime, I think the most recent anime series I enjoyed was My Hero Academia.

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  Whether you are a GM or not, would you draft your own player and why?

2.  Your player owns an old school van. What do they have painted on the side?

3.  What is your favourite time of year?

4.  Helsinki good, why we so good right now?

5.  What is your player's go to sports drink?

6.  Are you hitting the slopes this winter?

The team that you are AGM or GM comes before your own player so when it comes to draft you need to do what is best for your team; not for your player. Reason most draft their own player is due to the ability to control a prospect or a player for a longer duration of their career as both the player and the manager should be on the same page. The question really should be should a manager reach down to get his own player or make lopsided trades to get his players rights. Answer again in most cases should be no but depends on how far he is reaching down or how lopsided the trade is. 

Fred Armisen Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I am 100% going A-Team style van with the simple stripe down the side but not sure I was do the black and red but somethings similar. Also depends where I am living at the time as an all white van with a baby blue stripe would be cool if I lived in Helsinki or near say a California beach.

The A Team Van GIF by MOODMAN

3.  What is your favorite time of year?

Winter as it is way cooler than Summer. I also like snow and out door activities all year round. I find summer in some places too hot and it is very hard to cool off while it is easier to get warm.

Charlie Brown Snow GIF

Bit of luck and great skilled team mates. We are not the best team in the league but we are well balanced so should be able to hold our own against any team.

Netflix Balance GIF by Blown Away

Pocari Sweet would be the go to drink for Bouchard since there is a small Japanese connection to his manager.

Sports Drink Hug GIF by Pocari sweat

Nope, I haven`t been snowboarding since I left Banff over eight years ago and the Ski resorts are hours away here with mixed conditions with very steep downhill parts not really good for Snowboards. Add in two kids and I cannot see myself on the slopes until they either start to learn or I am too old to actually hit the slopes. Cost in Japan is crazily high compared to even the high prices in Canada. I think I bought my K2 Pro Snowboard with binding for $250 second hand and if new it was only $750 max but a board in Japan, which I don`t know the brand will start at $1,000 with out bindings. With Bindings you are look at well over $1,500. If you go name brand like Burton than you are looking at over $5,000.

snow fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

It would really depend on where the draft pick is, some better options at the top part of the draft for sure.

Probably nothing, don't want to draw attention to the vehicle.

3.  What is your favourite time of year?

I basically like any time that isn't summer.

I think we have a well balanced team and a strong committed core.

Kronchy is a Powerade person.  Not too picky with the flavors either.

Nope, never been skiing or boarding, and the slopes are not close to me at all.

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  What do you prefer, 1 game sims or 3 game sims?  Why?

2.  Have you ever travelled somewhere that had a “giant” or the “biggest” of something weird?

3.  If you had to relocate Helsinki or just create your own team, what city would they be based out of and what would the team name be?

4.  What social media do you use?

5.  What job or additional jobs would you like to have in the VHL?

6.  What did you have for supper today?  Did you make it?

6 minutes ago, Triller said:

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

2.  Have you ever travelled somewhere that had a “giant” or the “biggest” of something weird?

3.  If you had to relocate Helsinki or just create your own team, what city would they be based out of and what would the team name be?

Doing 3 Questions for 1 TPE 

2. The Vegreville egg in Alberta. We didn't actually see the egg but we were in the area.

4. IG and Reddit, I don't really use anything else. I'm too lazy to get into tik Tok or FaceTime. 

6. Garlic shrimp and yes I did! Thanks for watching the kid while I did dinner 🍻

Edited by Subject056

Based on the way it is now I would prefer to have 3 game sims since it gives you something to get excited about; where a single game sim especially if a bad game sucks and actually doesn`t make it worth checking in on the league, forum or discord at all. 

2.  Have you ever traveled somewhere that had a “giant” or the “biggest” of something weird?

I think every single little town in North Alberta has something like that and considering I used to travel North Alberta a lot; that is a yes!! Vermilion has a larger Easter egg, Someone has a large golf ball, another a chair etc.... I could look them up but cannot be bothered.

Wouldn`t relocate Helsinki as I think it is a great place to have a Hockey team but if I had to I would move a team to Quebec and maybe call them the Citadel.

I am old so what is social media? When I was young social media was when you needed to talk to the media after a game and that was never really that fun. Always had to watch what you said as they will, can twist everything that you say!!

I would like to be a GM at some point but due to be a Mac user it means I am limited to the bench so I have taken what seems to be the sole responsibility of writing for the VSN about the VHL. It is fun but also a pain in the bum as it takes a lot of time to write articles, data collect/research and than format the articles. Each article can take two or three days to prepare, write and than upload to the forums. The Rookie one took three days as I had most that written as the players hit 20 games but didn`t want to post it before the week turn over. I am currently sitting on my Power Ranking one as I have the final five teams to finish providing reason and bad puns for. And I have my Predictions to completely write but have already collected majority of the team data but will still need to add player/individual team data. So likely written tomorrow and posted Tuesday (Wednesday for me). Also realizing that isn`t really what you asked!! LOL!!

Gyudon and Yeah I made it. Really easy dish with beef and onions cooked at high heat to make them crispy than add 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce and two spoons full of sugar (done). Put on top of rice in a bowl since sauce will be runny and make the rice taste amazing. Can also add a raw egg as that is also really good. Oh, and Garlic in the cooking process, which I did tonight!! Easy and taste dish!!

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  European Conference is tight, where are we going to end up in the Standings at the end of the season?

2.  How many games would you want to let line changes ride before changing again?

3.  Are you or would you be a trade to get your team or a draft to get your team kind of GM?

4.  Can you skate?  If so, when did you learn and when was the last time?  If no, what's stopping you?

5.  Do you have cable? Why or why not?

6.  Do you believe in ghosts or the supernatural?

1.  European Conference is tight, where are we going to end up in the Standings at the end of the season?

I think I see us sliding somewhere between 3 and 5.  Which is fine as long as we make it, as we showed last season.

2.  How many games would you want to let line changes ride before changing again?

I'm not sure, you probably need to give it a couple of sims, but there are a few things that would probably go into deciding if you want to change lines.

3.  Are you or would you be a trade to get your team or a draft to get your team kind of GM?

In the right spot I would take myself, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it.

4.  Can you skate?  If so, when did you learn and when was the last time?  If no, what's stopping you?

I can't skate.  I think the thing that stops me is the lack of ever learning how to skate.

I am assuming you mean like cable TV.  I do not because I don't watch much actual TV.

I do not believe in ghosts but I am religious so yes to supernatural I suppose.

On 1/22/2024 at 12:49 AM, Triller said:

Neither.  2 game sims are the best.  1 game sims are scary

On 1/22/2024 at 12:49 AM, Triller said:

I saw the world's largest hockeystick but cannot remember where. 

3.  If you had to relocate Helsinki or just create your own team, what city would they be based out of and what would the team name be? The Ibiza night lofe 

Youtube Facebook  lol thats mostly it. 

None at the moment. Too lazy lol

Skipped supper cause I was playing hockey 🏒 

Some where between 2-5 but will need to start winning more games as I don`t think we want a rematch with Malmo in the first round (non-wildcard round) as they look really good at the moment. Also Riga is still just hanging around and could simply slide in next her a steal her.

When ever the GM & AGM can make improvements and they feel like they can improve the team. So if they notice something isn`t working than change the lines.

Yes, but the trade or drafting of my own player would have to make sense for the team so when drafting I am always going to lean towards taking the best player available no matter if I have a player in the draft but I would be open to bring my player in via a trade if I think it makes the team better, now!!

Yes!! I was two years old in the cold dark winters of Beausejour, Manitoba on an out-door rink across from my house. I would come home from pre-school or daycare and run across the road to skate every day. I was determined to learn to skate and so I did. This also meant I was ahead of other kids when I learned to play hockey since I had a three year head start on most. Forced me to play up a lot to the time when I was younger. Last time I went skating was two weeks ago but before that it had been 10 years so what I do now I would really call skating as my body just doesn`t understand what it is suppose to do any more or is at least protesting.

Yes/No? Cable in Japan is closer to what Canada had in the past with free through the air over the ocean type of Cable so we have free cable but not bought cable!! 😁 This is also due to the fact that we like to watch movies and for the kids to learn English by watching shows in English so we are heavy Youtube and Disney + users.

Yes and Yes!! I think to believe in ghost you have to believe in the supernatural. I could go into long stories of different things that have happened over my life time that has me believing in ghost but I will rather leave that for sam story times in discord I guess!! LOL!! But I also believe some of what we see is down to lack of understanding of the laws of physics around us etc.... as the more you understand certain things in the "world" most of these are told rather than taught so of course you are going to see differences to what you think you know and what might be real!!

WAAGH, If we not at da top, Grimgor will be mad! We da team to beat especially if da team has Ironhide on it, da great green menace!

6 games is all ya need! If ya wait longer, everything goes boom!

Draft is da way, then you can get people that want to be on da team, if ya trade, you not know what you get!

Waaagh, what do ya mean? I am a hockey player for Helsinki Titans, of course I can skate! I am da best on them all!

What is dat? Is dat da box with pictures in them? If so, no, I only watch things in my little palm thing.

Ghosts are real, magic is real, dragons are real but somehow none of ya puny little things care about that!

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  Did you watch the NHL All-Star festivities?

2.  What did you think of the All-Star Theme Week?

3.  Should the league bring back the All-Star Game or even an All-Star Tournament?

4.  Are you a shoe person?  Do you like to mix it up or buy 3 pairs of the same shoe cause they work?

5.  Do you have siblings?

6.  What in general does the VHL need more of?

I did not, been kinda checked out from the NHL for a couple seasons now.  I need to pick it back up here in the last bit of the season since the Avs are doing good.

Head empty no thoughts since I never do Theme Week.

3.  Should the league bring back the All-Star Game or even an All-Star Tournament?

I'm pretty indifferent, it depends on who has to run it and sim it since those types of people deserves the break that the off-season brings.

4.  Are you a shoe person?  Do you like to mix it up or buy 3 pairs of the same shoe cause they work?

I'm not, outside of if I am dressing up I wear the same pair every day until i get new ones.

Yes I have 2 sisters, well actually they are half sisters but we have never really referred to ourselves as such.

I'm not sure, maybe the league needs more KRONCHY!

Actually I was able to watch the full skills events via Youtube and watch the highlights of the All-star games so it was nice. If I was in Canada I am sure I wouldn`t have been bothered with the All-Star Festivities at all but I crave anything of my former life now!! My kids actually enjoyed watching it with me as well.

I actually liked this years theme week and if I hadn`t been sick I would have done something for the actually theme instead of letting my job pay cover off the double tpe. I also liked the fact that majority of the managers took this a few different ways and made for some interesting reads.

No, As a VSN write I have noticed that we tend to mention the same players week in and week out and receive grief if we miss mention someone or purposely leave someone out due to wanting to mention other players/managers to drive more views, conversation and Forum content. So unless the All-Star is made up of Conference All-star teams, Young Guns and All-Rookie team than I think we will see the same players season upon season being named to the teams. It reminds me of the World Cup as PEB has been part of the Tournament for two or three times and should also make the team at the end of the season. It make me want to wave his rights to the tournament to give other members a chance. Also if the league doesn`t have enough teams or big enough teams than someone is always going to be FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. Look at least season where PEB was second in defensive points but was never made an All-star at the end of the season. It was crazy how the league FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY the top two defenseman last season without even blinking an eye or sending us PM to tell us why? This is way I don`t put any stock in Personal awards as it seems to be a popularity contest more than stat based.

No, I wouldn`t count myself as shoe person. I used to like mixing it up based on what I thought was comfortable from K-Swiss being my favorite shoes until the switched to a Skater shoe instead of kicker as the kicker felt like wearing slippers all the time. I switched to Sketchers but again they have switched the way that they build their shoes. Of course have had other shoes like Nike, Adidas etc... but every shoe fits differently and I have my preferences. I prefer Adidas for running but like Nike for track events. But I have a problem living in Japan as I am viewed as over sized with size 11-12 foot again depending on shoe. So, it doesn`t matter what the shoe looks like but do they fit and how they fit so yes, I buy multiples now since I am never sure when I am going to find another pair that will fit as most stores here don`t carry my size even though it is common size in North America.

Yes, I have a brother in Cape Breton and Sister in Carstairs.

Get out of my head Boom!! I am not say that!! LOL!! VSN writers as I am writing two or three articles every week at more than my job pay word counts by about 3,000 words so I can claim multiple weeks but since I am one of the few writers at the moment I am forced(self forced) to write these articles every week. I may cut these back next season since I am going to burn out and I cannot keep writing as many articles as I am. I also have more interesting articles that I would like to write but cannot since I am already way over word counts and my weekly articles take up majority of the time. I also don`t think most around the league understand the process to build an article as my prediction article takes any where from two to four days to collect data, filter stats, write, format and proof read. The power ranking one takes a day; maybe two and the Rookie Ranking takes a day or two. It not the same as writing a media since you have to collect data to back up your claims, mention members to drive conversation.

So Yeah, More VSN writers and more appreciation of the work the writers.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:28 PM, Triller said:

It's slowly become this teen bopper celebrity clown show but I did like the 3on3 all star games. 

On 2/4/2024 at 5:28 PM, Triller said:

2.  What did you think of the All-Star Theme Week? Oops i missed it and didn't participate.

YES  need best on best competition. 

Definitely not a shoe person.  I just buy what's practical. Own a bunch of Nike

5.  Do you have siblings? Yes. One brother and one sister 

Helsinki winning back 2 back cups. Very simple

1.  We are making the playoffs!  Who's our toughest competition?

2.  Who is going to be our playoff MVP?

3.  What VHLM team do you feel the strongest connection to and why?

4.  Do you follow any other players career in the league?

5.  Do you eat cookie dough?  Why or why not?  Tell me what kind!

6.  Did you watch the Superbowl?

Our selves? No, Seriously it is who ever we are playing at the moment so Moscow is likely our first round match and they have been solid all season long so we cannot afford to look past them. We have losing records against Moscow as well during the regular season so it is going to be a tough match-up.

It has to be Rask as we will not get past the high powered offense that Moscow has if he doesn`t steal a game or two. He was also our MVP last season so I have faith that he should give us a chance.

Philadelphia Reapers and Saskatoon Wild; with giving the slight nod to the Reapers since it was the first team that I Captained and won a Championship with when joining the league. Saskatoon, while winning a championship with the team my player played a small role as recreated player before jumping straight into the VHLE.

Yes, I am always looking to see what other players are doing in way of builds if they are a top player so that I can either adjust my own training or continue to push forward with my own training. I also happen to be an AGM in Vancouver so I really follow all the players on the team and also follow players that have been on the team in the past since we have connections still to most of the players. Once part of the Wolf pack, Always part of the pack so I know I talk a ton to former members and they always seem to find away back to the team as well!!

Yes, I would but cookies are not common in Japan so I am always hunting for cookies!! The Japanese make me feel like Cookie Monster. I guess I could make my own but I am likely to eat the dough. Kind? Chocolate chip and brown sugar raisin! Yum!!

Nope!! Don`t get the Superbowl here so I will have to watch highlights and I wasn`t sure if the game was this Sunday or next Sunday. I guess I have something to do now!! Even if I was in Canada I would only watch the game is passing since my teams are not involved. I cheer for the Bills and the Seahawks. I have never been to an NFL game though!! CFL is a different beast with only the Lions as my favorite team.

10 hours ago, Triller said:

Moscow round 1. Gotta take care of business. 

Darryl Dixon 16 goals

Saskatoon maybe. They were team # 1

Oh sure here and there but not like i used to. 

Id eat any cookie dough . Pyt it in front of me and see what happens. 

Every single bet I made won !!$$$$  

Thanks Chiefs 

1.  If you were going to put all your TPE into one hybrid attribute which would it be?

2.  What is your least favourite way to earn TPE?

3.  Would you prefer longer playoffs? Only 1 simmed game a day to keep the hype going?

4.  What are your favourite colour combinations? 

5.  If you could live in any other decade which one would you pick and why?

6.  What is your favourite flavor of Slurpee?

1.  If you were going to put all your TPE into one hybrid attribute which would it be?

I did this with PEB and I will do this with PMB as it seems to be a no brainer if you want to be offensive minded either as defender or a forward so I will put all my TPE into OV also makes it easier to protect when you get older.

VSN writer since I am writing, collecting data, tagging individuals to drive conversation around the league or general interest but only need to write 600 words to claim my job pay yet most articles are 4,000 plus words take any where between two to four days to create; not to mention multiple articles that need to be written weekly so I cannot multi-week claim my job pay unless I stop or reduce the amount that I am writing. This will force me to change the way that I am writing next season mostly likely since I cannot continue to write weekly articles without most likely burning out. It means changing articles from weekly to most likely bi-weekly so I can have a bit of a break or write different things every second week.

3.  Would you prefer longer playoffs? Only 1 simmed game a day to keep the hype going?

This depends on how you look at it as whole since if you have a team not in the playoffs then nope this would suck but if you are looking to max the TPE during the playoff/off season than yeah, I would love a longer playoff period but at the end of the day the playoff can take two and half weeks before we see them completed and than we still have a week or two of off season after that so it is a very long off season if you are not in the playoffs so short the better to keep more people engaged.

4.  What are your favorite color combinations? 

Neon colors with another dark color so neon yellow/green with black/blue/purple. I have also enjoyed where neon yellow/green shoes, slippers etc.. since I could see my feet when used to run and I think I was a better runner because of it. Also most people look at your feet and go woah!!

Oh, This one is tough since I am not 100% sure I would want to live in another decade but I did love the 80-90 when we didn`t have social media, smart anything, AI so you entertained yourself by playing outside riding bikes, street hockey, basketball, baseball, etc.... Just doesn`t seem the same way now. But I would also like to go back to early days of Canada so 1920-1930`s were you only focused on your own farm, homestead for growing your own food etc.... as I think life is too complicated now.

6.  What is your favorite flavor of Slurpee?

We don`t have slurpees in Japan and they would look at you like you are nuts if you tried to explain them. I know first hand. But I loved mixing so Cherry, Coke and Banana with a fandom flavor mixed in.

7 hours ago, Triller said:

1. LEADERSHIP! - Honestly I'm not too sure, maybe DK. I mainly put my points into DK when I was in the VHLM and it helped lead me onto a positive path in my career so I would probably try it out if I had to put it all into one attribute. 

2. Articles - I don't know too much personally about hockey or keep an eye on other VHL related things to be able to create a fantastic article like others do. Doing an article sometimes makes it feel like homework. I prefer to get a graphic done. 

3. I don't mind the length it currently is. While it would be fun to keep the hype going I'm looking forward to seeing my player progress. So the faster we get through playoffs and the offseason is a win for me to keep progressing and moving forward at a good pace.

4. Blue and black. Not because of the Titan's and me doing your PC lol. I just like the color blue and black compliments it well.

5. I'd love to be a young kid in the 80's and get to experience that decade. Then to be able to keep growing up through the 90's and 2000's again would be fun. But getting to experience those decades a little bit older than I was in the 90's/2000's may be more enjoyable. 

6. Currently I'm digging Lime! But if I go to 7/11 I'm one of those people who likes to mix a bunch of different flavors together.

Edited by Subject056

Off the top of my head it would either be DK or SH but DK gives defense so I would lean towards that.

Clicking that pension button!

I honestly like how we handle it now, get it out of the way if the two teams aren't close but then string it out if there is a close fight.

Not something I think about a lot, but maybe something like a bright orange and teal?

I'm not sure I really know, maybe in a future decade if we get all our shit figured out?

I wouldn't be able to tell you the last time I had one, ill just say like strawberry or something.