Helsinki Titans Press Conference

FTK

1. I generally don't only because careers are so long, and the joke just isn't particularly funny by the end of it.
2. A sequel to this season's theme, "Retention"
3. I like Uncapped TPE!
4. Every time you panic about school you tell us that getting a 100% dropped your grade. Nerd.
5. Subway, A&W (Canadian), and whatever burrito place is closest to my current location.
6. Clue (on Skates), and Stock Ticker (when blasted drunk)

On 11/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95294g46zokxrnj80z0ow

New week, new presser! Jazzed it up a bit!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  Do you like meme player names?

YES LOL SOMETIMES THET ARE FUNNY 

2.  What do you think next season's theme week should be?

ROLLER COASTER RIDE 

3.  Do you even like theme week?

Oh theme week oops. Yes but I no longer do many point tasks 

4.  Sam is working hard on her finals this week.  Give her some

encouragement!

Do not get injured !!!! 

And good luck kick a$$

5.  What are your top 3 fast food joints?

Wendy's,  A&W , McDonald's 

But honestly I get a lot of Shwarma  this  past year instead. Chicken and rice 

6.  What is your favourite board game? 

The winning ticket.  Vintage 1970s game. 

1.  Halfway through the season, how is the team doing so far in your opinion?

It has been an up and down season but not complete unexpected as long as we look to improve the team at the trade deadline than we should be alright in the second half of the season. I am not sure what to add as I am not the GM via trades but also playing around with line combos so that we can find out what works and doesn`t in the way of chemistry. Overall, It has been successful season in a very strong conference.

2.  Any changes you want to see for the second half?

Play around with the lines a bit would be the best option but I would love also to see the team climb higher up in the standings as I don`t like being a wildcard team.

3.  Is your player performing as expected?

It is actually funny since he was over performing at the start of the season and than cooled as the team has as well so he has been rather inconsistent as normal so I am going to say as expected but he is usually a very strong second half producer so I am hoping that this happens again down the stretch and he continue to dominate during the play-off like usually. But he can also disappear rather quickly too if things aren`t going his way.

4.  Concession sales are down, what are you introducing to the menu to bring in the crowd?

I was going to answer this one with food than I actually thought about it a bit more as I hated my answer so I would do a Kid eats free meal; which includes up sales so if the kid wants something better of the menu than it will cost them so at least we drive sales by offering the better items at cost rather than just giving them away free or we could do have a date with a player or even worse an GM.

5.  What is the team's mascot and what is its name?

I think the conventional answer will be a single mascot that looks like our logo and some Finnish fancy name but I would add all the twelve of the Greek Titans instead as I think we could make a huge production with someone at the start of the game saying, "the Titans will raise again" and have the twelve titans raise up and pump up the crowd. Or you could just go with the Parents of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaea (Earth); having them announce their children aka the starting line-up and have the Titans be the players!!

Okay, one last one would be make the mascot a moon and call it Titan!!

6.  I like cereal.  Sometimes I eat it as dessert after supper.  Are you a fan of cereal or are you a ‘full on meal for breakfast’ type?

Fan of cereal all the way just think green eggs and hams and you know how I eat cereal.

1.  Do you like meme player names?

Never worried about anyone else names as it doesn`t matter when the only name most will remember will by that of the great players. Hopefully people will remember my name rather some wankers name etc..

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

2.  What do you think next season's theme week should be?

GOATS!! As it would be funny to see how individuals answer this question as I think majority would answer with the Greats of all time but I would answer with a conversation about raise a goats or how goats scream like girls. Goats are so funny don`t believe me try watching a youtube video about goats without laughing.

goats GIF

3.  Do you even like theme week?

No, In the past I would have said I like theme week for the bonus TPE and while I still like the bonus TPE; I rather feel like Theme week as lost it way and needs to have some fresh actual Theme behind them. It reminds me of a horrible Theme community that does under the sea all the time for dance in High School. Please try something refreshing.

scared homer simpson GIF

4.  Sam is working hard on her finals this week.  Give her some encouragement!

Don`t fail or you are a failure!! LOL!!

season 5 running GIF

I don`t know what you have been told!!

If you fail you can never go home!!

One, two, three, Four .........

5.  What are your top 3 fast food joints?

Wendy, KFC and Burger King

Season 15 Episode 10 GIF by The Simpsons

6.  What is your favourite board game? 

Well, I am never bored so I never play games!!

No Way Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

LOL!! Okay, Life; I guess!! Oh, Risk is good game!!

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  Are you more active in the VHL in the Summer or Winter?

2.  Do you think an official VHL All-Star game would be a nice league addition?

3.  What do you think about adding a break week? No sims, no TPE.

4.  Are there any additional awards you think the league should add?

5.  When do you start decorating for Christmas and when does it all come down?

6.  Why did you join the VHL?

It really depends on how active I am as AGM or as player so it doesn`t seem to be seasonal like winter or summer. AT the moment, Vancouver isn`t a very good team with maybe three or four active members so it has been tough to keep myself motivated as AGM with the lack of success of the team. Being part of new team as player has been a bit more difficult than I would have expected since I am used to driving conversation in the locker room in Vancouver as the former Captain; where PEB is more in a support role and it doesn`t help that the team is having limited success. Could careless about personal success so if we don`t make the play-offs than the season will be viewed as failure by myself & PEB regardless of anything else that happens.

It really depends on how the teams are created as too many times the top players are being over recognized at the cost of other players around the league having a good season but not on the same level as the Star players. So if we have an All-Star game where one player from every team is included plus League voted starters with 9-6-2 format than I think it could be worth doing; maybe even a 6-4-2. Fear is not enough recognization to pass around the league to make it interesting other than for a select few.

Simply No!! We have too many weeks during the off-season and lose so many players due to the inactive aspect around the week or two already. This also doesn`t include the two or three weeks if your team misses the play-offs meaning adding week with a break and no tpe would kill the league. Even myself would be more likely to become inactive in that situation since I have a routine on the way that I earn tpe. I tried breaking the routine and I found I almost quit playing the game so PEB is only an really defender since I cannot click a button every week or I would lose interest and most likely not earn. I understand having a break week at different times of the season like Christmas but every season; nah!!

Rookie of the year is a fake award in the fact that it isn`t the best rookie that wins the award but rather player that stayed down and has more TPE than a true rookie so I would say adding more rookie awards like best Rookie defender, Best Two-way Rookie Forward, etc.... I most likely could think of more but I am not willing to put too much thought into awards when every season it is only a select few that take the hardware home. Example: All three defensive awards have for the most part only gone to a single defender every season so like Alex (Skor McFleury ) will likely take home the Labatte & at least the Valiq but also will be consider for the Wylde when he is nowhere near the best defensive defenseman. Also likely in the running for Slobadzian & Campbell; while someone else will be over looked as usual!

December 1st is usually when we start but this year due to scheduled events, days etc... we actually went a week early but as long as it is after USA Thanksgiving than I think it is fine, right?

A recruitment question!! LOL!! I joined due to the league being explained as Be a Pro so it brought my interest to try to understand how a text/forum based game could come close to Be a Pro!! In the end I wasn`t happy that I was mis-lead by the advert but in the end stayed/came back since I had extra time and wanted to get back into creating graphics like I had in the past playing other text based games. I am also interest in hockey so ended up giving the VHL a chance even though it wasn`t something I was truly interested in at the time. I stay because I like the league despite all the flaws in favoritism, finger pointing etc... I just learned to avoid such aspects of the league; which makes me wonder why I signed up for writing for the VSN or any job for that matter. AGM is different as it not really a job!! LOL!!

15 hours ago, Triller said:

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

Good question.  Definitely winter

I thought it used to exist. But yes !

Off season is long enough. 

I think no.  The vhl is already ahead of the nhl with their awards.  Multiple defesensman awards is needed. 

Dec 1st to like Jan 15th

Recommended in a ad in a hockey game.  S69 was my rookie season. 

On 12/3/2023 at 12:43 PM, Triller said:

1. At this point in my life I’m active in neither 

2. Yeah that would be good fun 

3. No thanks

4. I think the league should probably take away a few more rewards 

5. My wife made me put the tree up a couple weeks ago and it will be down after new years

6. Covid 

1.  Playoffs have arrived!  What kind of playoff ritual does your player partake in?

2.  When you recreated or if you will recreate, how much time do you take off in between players?

3.  What career goals do you have for your player?

4.  Who would you consider your rival in the league?

5.  What team do you consider Helsinki’s rivals?

6.  As I write this, I have a cold.  What is your remedy for the common cold?

1.  Playoffs have arrived!  What kind of playoff ritual does your player partake in?

Winning as nothing else matters at this point of the season. No one ask how or how many; Just did you win!! I guess one is never talk about the future when it is still in the future as this will cause the future to change and usually not for the better.

2.  When you recreated or if you will recreate, how much time do you take off in between players?

None as I think it is easier to just role into the next player since you have either already started planning the next player or spent so much time not putting TPE into the player that it usually refreshing to start building again. That being said depending on the situation I am thinking of building PEB right until the end of next season meaning I might take a break until the following trade deadline.

None, as I learned with the first player not to really have any plans but I guess I am lying a bit since I wanted to win all three league Championships with PEB and I missed only the VHLE. I also managed to win multiple medals with Canada and became part of a club I wasn`t even aware of in the Triple Gold Club. Awards are nice and all but I like the team trophies the best.

Thunder & Payne but I was more like a third wheel in that rivalry as it was personal between the two of them as friends. It also didn`t help much when Payne became a Vancouver Wolves team mate and we became really good friends on and off the ice!! I guess in my draft class I could say Callum Murray and Cobalt Burns but neither really amounted to much. I was more self driven and driven by team success playing with some really good defender before I had my break-out season in S87 but my true breakout was actually the season before but most didn`t notice as I was overshadowed by Biggie Cheese!! I guess in the past few season it has been Skor McFleury but he is a bit too young for it to be a true rival but we do meet a lot in the play-offs. 

Oh, I am going to answer this one incorrectly since I am new to Helsinki but I also think it changes from time to time through the seasons. I know Robert Bouchard played for Prague, Helsinki was highly thought of but I would say Riga Reign or HC Davos due to the period of time. History would say Calgary or Quebec/Vancouver.

Rum with hot spice as many shots as you can handle and than sleep like a baby with Tylenol and water to start the next day. By mid-day or evening you should start to feel less hungover and starting to feel better. Make sure to drink a ton of water through the day. We have the flu running through our house at the moment and I am the only one not sick; sick since I followed this plan earlier when I felt in coming on.

the vampire diaries drinking GIF

1.  Playoffs have arrived!  What kind of playoff ritual does your player partake in?

Time with the family. It’s going to be a grind to get this Championship which means I won’t have time for them. Before the playoffs start we take the kids and head to an amusement park for the day. We close out the day with a nice dinner out together.

Zero time off. I want to maximize the amount of time to make my player the best they can be. No time off needed.

I want a Championship with the Titans. Some personal accolades would be alright too.

I don’t have a rival in the league. I’d have to be good to have a rival.

The Moscow Menace.

6.  As I write this, I have a cold.  What is your remedy for the common cold?

As I answer this I’m on the tail end of a cold. I have no remedy, I just suffer. Maybe some Advil if a headache is bad enough.

On 12/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Triller said:

3 strong coffees before everyday.

Zero time. Right into the next player.

Win a cup.   Anything beyond that js a bonus. 

Now secretly, Jesse teeno

London lol

Hugest nap you 😴 can possibly handle 

Rest !!!

1.  We made it to the finals!  What words do you have for our opponents, the Toronto Legion?

2.  What is your ideal time of day for sims to happen and why?

3.  GM Championship Wins or Player Championship Wins?

4.  Earning TPE can get tedious, what keeps you motivated?

5.  Christmas is coming, when do you start your Christmas shopping?

6.  What kind of lower half clothing do you prefer?  Sweats, shorts, skirts, jeans...speedo?

1.  We made it to the finals!  What words do you have for our opponents, the Toronto Legion?

Best of luck, I hope its a good series (and that the Titans come out on top).

For me personally its pretty much like 5:30pm - 10:00pm is ideal.  This is just the time I am generally going to be available to easily view the results.

Well I'm not a GM so Player wins is for sure better.

By only doing what I really want and not trying to force myself to do things I don't want to do for whatever reason.

Whenever I get Christmas lists for the little ones.

6.  What kind of lower half clothing do you prefer?  Sweats, shorts, skirts, jeans...speedo?

I am a shorts kind of guy, I'll wear them longer than most, but I'm not one of those people who wears them when its freezing out.

Good luck as at this point of the playoff every team is a good team so this series can go either way. (hopefully the Helsinki way)

About the time they normally drop between 10am - 11am since I have just dropped the kids off at school, wife at work, laundry is down and I am usually just returning from my morning workout at the local pool/gym. If I am teaching then I am usually heading into a break or lunch period to be able to check since i teach usually two classes with two off before teaching two more in a six hour teaching day. So, it usually works well.

Both are sweet but players means more overall I think. Can mean the difference for some players make the HOF.

I actually have never found TPE earning tedious yet since I have a ton of different things that I want to and would like to write about but I actually either run out of time or end up writing them for free since I have my TPE already or the articles are too big to be just dot com but claim them anyways. I found writing something that I feel that I have too much more difficult like writing for the VSN every week or two weeks. but I tend also just to write what I want so I have a ton of interesting topics like UFA Market, Tender Battles, Draft Mocks, Team overviews etc.... I have a harder time with graphics since I have a new graphic program so I am still learning how to use it.

When every I find something that I think the person that I buying for might actually really like so I don`t have to buy something just to buy something. I think I bought my first Christmas present this year in August for my kids. Also Christmas is not a major holiday in Japan since they tend to celebrate New Years so all the Christmas stuff is no longer even on the shelves here. Two weeks until Christmas and nothing to buy. (Even Costco). It is rather shocking so getting it done early is important here.

Too F* hot here in Japan at least on the pacific coast side as we are still around 10C during the day so I am always in Shorts here. I used to wear jeans all the time in Canada as I was a lazy jean and T type of guy. Now I am shorts and T type of guy; even wearing muscle shirts with dad bod!! LOL!!

16 hours ago, Triller said:

Do not under estimate  the titans

16 hours ago, Triller said:

7pm est .  It's real nhl time

im nit sure ill go player

lol I am nor motivated.  I just click. I am a clicker

4 weeks to last few days before

Shorts 100% 

Weather permitting 

1.  We made it to the finals!  What words do you have for our opponents, the Toronto Legion?

Best in best. Let’s clash like the titans we are ;)

5pm MST. Which is 7 EST. Its right after work but gives me enough time to shower and relax first.

I always preferred winning as a GM. It’s a lot of work putting together a team of players that are working towards the same goal. 

My nerdy love for hockey! There are certainly some days I don’t wanna but it’s really not much work.

It depends really. We could start as soon as July but usually it’s the September/october range.

I like joggers or athletic pants. I don’t love sweat pants but a more athletic version of them are good. 

1.  Season didn't end as planned.  What do you think Toronto had over us?

2.  What are you excited most about next season?

3.  What was your favorite gift this Christmas?  Received or Given.

4.  Do you stay up for midnight on New Year's?

5.  Do you have any holiday traditions?

6.  I like Eggnog, what about you?

I don`t think they really had anything over-us in the finals. Depth Scoring if I had to say anything as we had the different built teams with Toronto being more defensive and we were a bit more offensive. Defense usually leads to Championships.

Seeing how the team can run it back and in my finals season I should still be an effective defender but should hit some personal goals but I am also nervous as retirement looms large.

Always given since I like seeing the joy and excitement of the person receiving something that they wanted or needed. Like my wife receiving new under-wear and my kids both getting chocolate from North America that they really wanted and can only get at Christmas.

Nope, I deliver newspaper as second job or sometimes a third job so I need to wake up at 3am most mornings to deliver the papers. Here in Japan they get a huge New Years paper with advertisements and every local business making New Years statements. It weighs about 5lb over 100 pages and sucks to deliver but on the plus side you don`t have to place the paper in the mail box but rather just throw the paper at the front door!! LOL!!

Yes, We have a few different traditions that starts with building the kids excitement with Christmas Market & Lights at the train station with Starbucks Hot Chocolate/ coffee. Pajama opened Christmas Eve and KFC Chicken for Christmas dinner. New Years is a big holiday here so usually we have New Years dinner with the wifes family and visit a shrine in the few days after New Years; which we tend to visit more remote shrine to avoid the crowds since everyone all 130M need to visit a shrine in the first few days after New Years. Oh, and I watch my wife clean since cleaning is something that the Japanese do as well. That her think not mine!! LOL!!

I would say yes but I haven`t had it in years since Japan doesn`t have Eggnog so I thought about making it myself once until I seen what I needed to do to make the eggnog and I was like nah!! It really not something that you will miss that much since the holiday is more about spending time with family. Not to mention I had a bad experience with Eggnog from my dad making pancakes and scrabbled eggs with eggnog!! Ugh!! Yeah Don`t!!

10 hours ago, Triller said:

2 more wins.  We were right there with them. 

Winning Lots of games

10 hours ago, Triller said:

Bruins coffee mug. I'm simple

Yes of course always 

Lots very busy 25th,25th and a few other days. 

Yes love egg nog and rum

1.  Are you watching the World Juniors?

2.  What are you most proud about achieving in your personal life this year?

3.  Do you make New Year's Resolutions?

4.  When are you taking down Christmas decorations?

5.  How do you overcome the Winter blues?

6.  Do you play or did you play hockey?

No, As we don`t have the team in Japan in the World Juniors and I cannot find a live stream so I am watching the highlights. Canada doesn`t look that good so I think it is really between USA, Sweden this year but Canada always seems to pull through somehow.

Wow, I am a very balanced individual so being proud of something isn`t really my style. I guess if I had to say anything it would be changing my attitude so that I don`t take everything personal or have to give an opinion. It has made my life even more balanced.

Nope, As I find it is a great way to see yourself up for failure as you should always try to lead a balanced life with similar goals year in and year out.

Done, Already as my wife wanted them down so they came down boxing day. I usually wait until any day I have free after New Years so I guess if they were still up they would be coming down tomorrow.

When I lived in Canada I knew these to be a real thing but since I live in a warmer place the winter blue don`t affect you as much. I tend to enjoy the small things that Winter could bring when I lived in Canada like the snowflakes, ice skating, skiing or snowboarding as I found staying active really doesn`t allow the blues to set in but also making time to relax by a warm fire place or TV fire place with a blanket and nice cup of joe. Here in Japan I complain more about the Summer time melt rather than the cold or Winter blues as it is still very warm here. 16 degrees today so I am still in Shorts and T-shirt.

I played Hockey as a goaltender and was even consider for the Canadian National team at one point through my youth. I was too small at 5`9" so the most I was really offered was D1 College offers and ECHL in Alaska as a few NHL teams liked me but consider me too small. I also had offers to play in the BIHL (EIHL) in Newcastle with the Newcastle Jesters before they went bankrupt that very season and an offer to play in Japan in Furukawa with the Nikko Ice Bucks but my player agent advised against it at the time. I ended my playing days in Senior Hockey in Alberta after I broke my arm in two places and couldn`t push myself back to my feet. It was during the NHL lock out and had offers again to play in the ECHL with either Victoria or again Alaska.

I am not, not sure where I would watch them tbh.

I started GMing a tabletop rpg game this year.

Not really, I'm always wanting to be a better person so its a constant process.

I don't put any up because I'm just not much of a decoration person.

My solution has been just be blue all the time so the winter doesn't hit you any harder *points to head*.

Not in any league or anything, but we had an outdoor roller hockey rink in my hometown so a couple of buddies and I would sometimes go shoot pucks and stuff.  Played a few pickup games with strangers as well.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:29 PM, Triller said:

1. I did not watch much World Juniors but am paying attention to the VHL World Juniors!

2. 10 years at my current job! Pretty impressive.

3. I usually don’t make any resolutions because they’re too difficult to stick too.

4. We took down our decorations on Jan 1. We try to do that every year.

5. Well, our winter is only just starting but we are very active in the winter. Lots of hockey with the kids and at the outdoor rink a lot. We also snowboard too.

6. I never did play as a kid because my mom couldn’t afford it but two of my kids play and two of my siblings got to play. 

1.  What are you most excited for heading into the new season?

2.  What are your expectations for your player?

3.  How did your player's Off-Season go?

4.  What is your favorite VHL player name that you have seen?

5.  Now that the holidays are over, what do you look forward to next?

6.  What is your favorite cartoon?