Helsinki Titans Press Conference

FTK

1. The Titans are off to a strong start this season, how do you feel about the run so far?

2. Do you think the Titans can maintain consistency and avoid a fall-off similar to last season across the entire schedule? 

3. Which player do you think has been the most crucial to Helsinki’s season so far! 

4. Do you feel like there are any holes roster wise anywhere in the team, and if so how do you expect management to fill them?

5. Do you agree with the statement “A goal stopped is essentially a goal scored!” 

6. Who is your favorite “4th liner” in the NHL? (A player with low production, maybe a fan favorite or something) 

22 hours ago, FTK said:

1. The Titans are off to a strong start this season, how do you feel about the run so far?

I am.happy. we.just need to keep it going. 

2. Do you think the Titans can maintain consistency and avoid a fall-off similar to last season across the entire schedule? 

i think so.the team seems quite improved

3. Which player do you think has been the most crucial to Helsinki’s season so far! 

Chips STONE just on a tear

4. Do you feel like there are any holes roster wise anywhere in the team, and if so how do you expect management to fill them?

our back end is.young but improving everyday.

5. Do you agree with the statement “A goal stopped is essentially a goal scored!” 

no i dont like that saying.  Because at the end of the day we must score to win. 

6. Who is your favorite “4th liner” in the NHL? (A player with low production, maybe a fan favorite or something) 

well now it will be Loooooooch Milan lucic

On 8/29/2023 at 12:09 PM, FTK said:

1. Looking good, will be great to join a good team when I come up next season

2. I have no idea haven’t really looked at it 

3. Whichever that has the most points 

4. Hopefully there’s a hole in defence so there’s room for me 

5. Doesn’t really make any sense 

6. Curtis Lazar

Well, im not sure its been strong looking at the standings.  We are really not playing well against the top teams.  Hopefully some line shakeups will help us get to the top.

Well certainly we are not doing that right now.  We started off super hot with a huge blowout, it would be nice to recapture that energy.

Chip Stone, guy is just point up points like crazy.

I think the roster is overall pretty solid, we just need to figure out what lines gel together.

I've never heard that, not sure I agree, its a strange way to think about the game.

Not sure, I don't always pay attention to the specific lineups.

I'm not sure. I only just arrived and am not sure my useless opinions would be welcomed in conservative Finland.

Anything is possible and if the team does nosedive, the players have done their best so as usual, I will blame that Simon Tremblay loser.

I believe that Daryl Dixon is the player that fits the description of vital to the Titans.

I think that Hammar Voss sucks, so continuing to try and secure elite defensive depth will be very important to the Titans chances.

Please don't confuse me. Riddles and basically anything that require me to think for more than 3 seconds gives me a migraine.

I barely know the 1st liners so to be completely honest, I cannot name someone without googling the NHL. 

• 1 month later...

Hello Helsinki!  Anyone looking for a press conference to do?  I will jazz these posts up a bit in the upcoming weeks but for now just nod and acknowledge it's existence.  No one word answers, you should all be aware of the rules as major leaguers!  3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  I am your new AGM. What do you think? *Spins around slowly with arms out for some reason.

2.  What do you think about the off-season moves the team has made?

3.  The VHL draft stream seems to have lost a bit of excitement. How would you spruce it up for everyone?

4.  Who in the league have you not played with that you would like to?

5.  I need help moving my couch, give me your best excuse to avoid helping me.

6.  What is your favourite movie monster? Doesn't have to be any of the classics.

2 minutes ago, Triller said:

Hello Helsinki!  Anyone looking for a press conference to do?  I will jazz these posts up a bit in the upcoming weeks but for now just nod and acknowledge it's existence.  No one word answers, you should all be aware of the rules as major leaguers!  3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  I am your new AGM. What do you think? *Spins around slowly with arms out for some reason.

3.  The VHL draft stream seems to have lost a bit of excitement. How would you spruce it up for everyone?

6.  What is your favourite movie monster? Doesn't have to be any of the classics.

1. Hopefully you can keep Sam out of trouble!
2. I LOVE BOUCHARD
3. I do love that moon had pick transitions at least for the first while I stopped paying attention after the 2nd round. But honestly the whole thing loses momentum when people take too long to pick, so pick timer it is!
4. Well soon Bouchard, but I'd also love to play with Sogaard, and of course Jameson.
5. I'd help but I've been typing up too many Media Spots, so my hands hurt.
6. I'm going to say Smaug counts and run with that, I don't watch many horror/thriller movies.

I am looking forward to it, especially if you do pressers on the regular!  We have been on teams together in the past and it has been a good time.

I think its been good, adding a big name to the team is always exciting.

I'm not sure, I tend to only watch at most the first round.  They can go on too long on occasion though.

On my 3rd player its getting a little harder to remember who I have played with and who I haven't, but I'm pretty sure I have never played with @Renomitsu.

I have ankylosing spondylitis, which is basically spine arthritis.  

I'm not a big horror movie person, but in terms of monsters in general I love Godzilla.

Always thought your name was Thriller but have recently learned I am an idiot as it Triller named after a video-sharing network. Which I don`t have a clue what it is!! LOL!! Or is that what you are named after? Either way as AGM you should be fine as long as you can hold Sam in check.

I love adding the Vancouver Wolves longest serving Captain to a team that is ready to challenge for Continental Cup was great move and Rask might even be kissing you after a few weeks as Bouchard is special two way defender. But what do I know!! LOL!!

Free Pizza!! All the boardcaster need to be drunk and every time they make mistake saying a name or picks etc... they need to take a shot!! Pick timer to speed things up and adding a insider so when the broadcaster are drafting or doing other things someone is at least talking about the possible trade aspect. Add interest by adding more speculation!!

No preference for players since I find getting to know different people is a great experience. Can really make a locker room come a live!! As for teams I have played for New York, Vancouver & Prague- cause two out of three aren`t bad!! I will see how Helsinki goes this season, so far so good!!

I already moved you couch as it could be that bad!! I am a big dude and have no issues moving future around the place!!

I was going to say that I hate Monsters but then I started thinking about the Disney monsters etc... so I guess I don`t mind the kid ones.

Mike Wazowski, I guess is my favorite.

Monsters University Lol GIF by Disney Pixar

On 10/22/2023 at 11:22 AM, Triller said:

1. I am your new AGM. What do you think? *Spins around slowly with arms out for some reason.

1. Oooh, super fancy! *applause*

2. Getting Bouchard was a big boost for adding veteran experience at the blue line, should be a move that pays dividends for Helsinki and Fuuka Rask in particular. 

3. It's all about engagement. Be knowledgeable, be entertaining, and minimize dead air.

4. I have not been teammates with @FrostBeard to my knowledge, so I'm really looking forward to that when he joins our pro roster next season!

5. I don't even know where you live, my brother in Christ.

6. It's gotta be Dracula, especially when you factor in his prominent role in the Castlevania franchise. 

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  One of your teammates microwaves fish in the team kitchen.  How does your player handle this?

2.  Your player is injured.  What unconventional rehab treatment do you employ?

3.  Your player accepts an advertising deal with a hot tub company.  What slogan is used in the commercial with your player?

4.  You have an unlimited budget to advertise the VHL.  What are you doing to spread the good word?

5.  Floor mats in the kitchen, weird or no?  Why?

6.  My dog goes nuts over ceiling fans.  What everyday thing bothers you?

1. He would just laugh and laugh and laugh at him and probably say a joke like "how long should you microwave a fish? Tuna half minutes"

2. Probably just let whatever needs to be done; anything that's useful for him

3. If you can't go to heaven, a hot tub is the next best thing

4. Commercials,social media, podcasts everywhere

5. I mean it depends on the situation... I say it's a little weird if it's like infront of the fridge but if it's where the sink is I understand since you don't want your floor to be wet all the time

The thing that bothers me the most everyday is the freakin bathroom door. Not sure what it's got going on but man that thing squeaks everytime you open or close it.

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  One of your teammates microwaves fish in the team kitchen.  How does your player handle this?

Answer: Well, I hate the smell of fish but ...... Can you even cook a fish in the microwave? Either way it is the teams kitchen so all is fair but I won`t be using the kitchen any time soon until the fish smell is gone!! Unlikely to use the kitchen anyways with all the money that I make so I can afford to have someone cook for me!! 👨‍🍳

Answer: I m not sure it is unconventional but hot coffee or tea baths followed by a cold coffee and tea baths on the injured area as the caffeine in both products can speed up anything so should speed up healing right? Just remind me to lay off the donuts or the cakes while I am bathing!! 🍰

3.  Your player accepts an advertising deal with a hot tub company.  What slogan is used in the commercial with your player?

Answer:  Not only for Water!! If you cannot got to the coffee shop, the hot tub is the next best thing!! Coffee baths and other Exotics! ☕

4.  You have an unlimited budget to advertise the VHL.  What are you doing to spread the good word?

Answer:  Feels bit like a set-up question but I would advertise in the areas that I think individuals would be interested in the league so Hockey rinks, schools, magazines and I can see a coffee shop with Camels. 🐪

5.  Floor mats in the kitchen, weird or no?  Why?

Answer:  You mean kitchen mats? Old school and I like to think about safety as a floor mat is only going to cause me to trip and spill my coffee. Hope no one gets burned!! ☕

Answer:  My wife?!?!?! No; more serious answer would either be the roosters next door as they rooster every morning at like 3 or 4am or the stupid bells that my mother in law has hung somewhere down stairs outside that chime all night long. I also agree with bathroom doors being closed when no one is using them. Toilet paper hung the wrong way as well but not as bad as my aunt; who got divorced over it!! 🐓

New week, new presser! No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  5 way tie for first in Europe!  Is it going to stay this tight all season?

2.  The team logo needs a refresh, what would be the main focus of the new logo?

3.  Your player has an off-season job because of the economy, what do they do?

4.  If you could choose any animal as your spirit animal to guide you on the ice, which animal would it be, and how would it affect your playing style?

5.  The VHL is going to introduce player abilities like the NHL games but they aren’t the typical abilities, they are powers.  What power does your player get and how does it work?

6.  Last winter I slipped on ice coming down the driveway after taking out the trash.  I was using the tiny shuffles method to come down the driveway and it failed me.  What is your “no fall method” when walking on ice?

1.  One of your teammates microwaves fish in the team kitchen.  How does your player handle this?

Throws a dead fish inntgeur locker

Replace injured limb with a robotic limb

Get this hit tub , it's a fuukka good deal 

vhl all over nhl 24 ea game

5.  Floor mats in the kitchen, weird or no?  Why?

um not about them . Not for me

slow drivers.  Yes slow drivers 

I think some gaps will form but should be a competitive in the EU.

2.  The team logo needs a refresh, what would be the main focus of the new logo?

I don't know, the logo doesn't scream Titan to me, but I'm not sure what exactly does.

I will just collect welfare, just like in the VHL.

4.  If you could choose any animal as your spirit animal to guide you on the ice, which animal would it be, and how would it affect your playing style?

Penguin.  Everyone loves penguins and they are secretly very tough and deadly.  Just like me??

5.  The VHL is going to introduce player abilities like the NHL games but they aren’t the typical abilities, they are powers.  What power does your player get and how does it work?

Strick throw.  You throw your stick to hit people and then they fall over.  That's the entire ability.

6.  Last winter I slipped on ice coming down the driveway after taking out the trash.  I was using the tiny shuffles method to come down the driveway and it failed me.  What is your “no fall method” when walking on ice?

I take baby steps and shuffles, maybe just be better at not falling over.  That would be my advice.

I think some gaps should form as teams play more head to head games but the European conference is a death conference this season with the top four of the top five teams in TPE based stats. So it isn`t surprising that it is tight as it is but also means head-to-head games will be more important this season.

It does? While the head logo doesn`t really scream titans; I think it would be harder to come up with something that actually does. I guess adding some text to the logo could make it fresher?

When I actually played hockey I actually had a part time job as well as playing Junior A so I had two jobs. One was bagging food a local store as it would drive in customers to the store to chat to me and carry their bags. The second one was Tim Horton for the same reason as I drove in customers as they chatted about Hockey as they received their coffees. It became annoying after a while especially after a road trip coming home at 4am but had shift at 6:30am and all the fans/customers wanted to know how we did when all I wanted was sleep but I would get in trouble if I called in to cancel the shift to get some sleep.

Bear wearing a tutu as I can be mean when needed but graceful dancing around the ice at other times!! LOL!!

Not a clue what you are talking about but is smell a power as I remember someone when I played hockey never used to air out the gear as they thought other team players wheren`t chasing them as hard due to the smell or checking them as hard in the corner due to the smell plus the extra rub in the face after the whistle with a wet, stinking glove was extra ripe with this player. So that is power that I want!! LOL!

Either start on the white aspect of ice and snow as it has grip or simple say F it and push and slide as it also save energy unless you catch a edge!!

On 11/5/2023 at 12:10 PM, Triller said:

New week, new presser! No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

i think it will but is rather us just pull away and dominate. 

ive always like helsinki colors and logo.  Maybe some crazy titan looking thing for logo. 

makes $10 a game as a pickup goalie sub in pickup games 

On 11/5/2023 at 12:10 PM, Triller said:

an elephant because id want to be able to cover the whole net.

unstopability.  When the opposing team has full pressure in zone.  All shots are stopped 

6.  Last winter I slipped on ice coming down the driveway after taking out the trash.  I was using the tiny shuffles method to come down the driveway and it failed me.  What is your “no fall method” when walking on ice

As a kid I sometimes played pond hockey with just boots.  So my balance is very good. Plus all my off ice training in real life.  I think it's all about balance and how you shift your bodyweight. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kceueajgl50mnuia44

New week, new presser! Jazzed it up a bit!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  What sport doesn't have a sim league that you would like to see?

2.  What kind of car does your player drive now that they are getting them big league pay cheques?

3.  If you had your own YouTube channel what would it be about?

4.  What name would you give our backup goalie and why?

5.  What stat is missing from the VHL sims that you would like to see?

6.  What kind of thing would you like to see implemented to celebrate the championship teams

more?

Edited by Triller

Hard to say since I'm not sure what all leagues are out there.  Maybe a golf sim league!

2.  What kind of car does your player drive now that they are getting them big league pay cheques?

I don't need anything to crazy, probably a comfy 4 door sedan.

I guess it would just be about video game stuff, one of the billions of channels about someone playing games.

Goalie McGoalie Face.

Number of nachos sold at each game.

6.  What kind of thing would you like to see implemented to celebrate the championship teams

more?

If you have ever played Smash Bros then you know after the match all the losers have to sit there and clap for the winner, we should implement that into the VHL somehow.

16 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kceueajgl50mnuia44

New week, new presser! Jazzed it up a bit!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

MMA or boxing would be fun

16 hours ago, Triller said:

Rask drives a g wagon.  Spacious and unique. 

funny streamer id say

Sir botsworth, hes got to get us Ws

i dont think any stat is missing .  We have so much 

more?

Olympics.  Like huge tournaments every 4 seasons 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95294g46zokxrnj80z0ow

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  Halfway through the season, how is the team doing so far in your opinion?

2.  Any changes you want to see for the second half?

3.  Is your player performing as expected?

4.  Concession sales are down, what are you introducing to the menu to bring in the crowd?

5.  What is the team's mascot and what is its name?

6.  I like cereal.  Sometimes I eat it as dessert after supper.  Are you a fan of cereal or are you a ‘full on meal for breakfast’ type?

We are doing ok, I think we are a little inconsistent and struggling a bit against the very best teams.

It would probably be good to play with lines a little bit to see if we find something that works better.

Yeah, as always I would love to be point per game, but I am leading the team in shot blocks and 4th in points, so in comparison to the team I am doing well I think.

4.  Concession sales are down, what are you introducing to the menu to bring in the crowd?

Titan Burger - a brat burger with the fixings that you want.  A brat burger is obviously more premium than a regular burger so we can charge more.

Tursas.  He's actually just 3 guys in an old traditional Finland outfit (whatever that is I'm not sure).

6.  I like cereal.  Sometimes I eat it as dessert after supper.  Are you a fan of cereal or are you a ‘full on meal for breakfast’ type?

I like cereal but I don't usually buy it.  I tend to do overnight oats on my in office days and some sort of breakfast sandwich on my days home.

14 hours ago, Triller said:

New week, new presser!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

ups and downs lately but overall we are doing great. 

Just need to win the close ones 

Rask is doing way better than expected.  He's like a top 3 goalie right now 

chicken tenders , chicken wings and chicken burgers all chicken menu

He looks just like the guy from the logo and his name is Fupa

cereal is amazing. If I am not being healthy then it's  Capt berries crunch 

New week, new presser! Jazzed it up a bit!  No one word answers. 3 questions for 1 TPE, all 6 for 2 TPE!

1.  Do you like meme player names?

2.  What do you think next season's theme week should be?

3.  Do you even like theme week?

4.  Sam is working hard on her finals this week.  Give her some encouragement!

5.  What are your top 3 fast food joints?

6.  What is your favourite board game?