Claimed:Who is Greusinho? [Final: 6/6]

Rent A McZ

Marcio Greusinho - The First Interview

Hello Marcio, thank you for joining us for this interview. You are still a very unknown player here in North America, so why don’t you tell us a bit about yourself?

Hi and thank you Mark. Yes I am new here and I would like the people here to know me better, so I will tell you a bit about myself. I am German and my two Agents told me that I should go to North America and try to get a chance in the VHLM and maybe later in the VHL. So I pretty much did as they told me.

How did your hockey career in Germany go so far?

I wasn't the best player out there, I tried to show all my talent but it wasn't perfect all the time. Then I had some injuries and obviously that was a shitty situation for me. When I came back we were in the playoffs, but already down 3-1 in the series. We ended up losing that series and then my Agents came to me with their plans. And now I am here.

Why have you decided to enter the VHLM instead of staying in Germany?

In Germany the level of competition is too low. I needed some stronger opponents and new goals. I hope my mentor here in the VHL can help me enough because then I believe I could get a spot in the VHL in the future. I hope that was the right decision by me.

How would you describe yourself as a player, what are your strengths and weaknesses, and which areas of your game are you planning to concentrate on in your future?

I am more of a two-way center, I can do pretty much everything but nothing perfect. My goal is to show my two-way skills and I hope that the VHL teams will like it. After that I will work on all my weaknesses, for example my fighting! I know sometimes you have to go and fight to boost your team, so I will try to do everything my team asks of me.

Is there any player you model your game after?

In the NHL I liked Peter Forsberg so much. He is retired now but his play was really special in my opinion.

Peter%2BForsberg.jpg

What do you know about the VHL and the VHLM so far and are there any teams that you like more than others?

I don't know many teams because i am really new to North America and in Germany I was more busy drinking beer and doing other things instead of staying up late at night to watch North American hockey.

You got claimed by the Bratislava Watchmen last night, do you think this team is a good fit for you?

Maybe. The good thing is that i can go back to Europe and that could help me a little bit. All in all I want to say thank you to the GM for believing in me and i will try to pay that back.

What are your goals for this and next season in the VHLM?

To help my team of course. Everything else isn’t important right now.

Where do you see yourself going in the VHLM draft this off-season and maybe in the VHL-draft the year after that?

We have so many talented young players so I can't see myself going in the Top-10! It would be really exciting though to be picked that early.

Some people link you to failed players that have been in this league before, like Chris McZehrl. Why do you think you can be better than those guys?

McZehrl played in another league as well, so maybe that was just too much for him. He is a legend in the SHL and I that he never really had the chance to succeed here. But I am new here and I will work hard to help my team as much as possible.

Is there anything else you want to say to the people in the VHL?

No, they just have to watch me in my first games, then they will know me. Thank you for your questions Mark!

"I should go to North America and try to get a chance in the VHLM and maybe later in the VHL. So I pretty much did as they told me."

There are half European teams in the VHLM ;)

Also, what is this? This isn't from you :angry:

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Nice introduction to the league! Interviews are a great option for your first article, as it's easy to give the league some information on yourself an your player. Welcome to the league!

Grammar: 2/2

i = I (several)

Everything else isn't important = Nothing else is important

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good.

Overall: 6/6