VHL Instagram for Dummies

Zetterberg

1 hour ago, Zetterberg said:

Is there a particular reason you've decided to make a new Instagram account for the league outside of the one the league already has? How did you think this was a good idea?

48 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Is there a particular reason you've decided to make a new Instagram account for the league outside of the one the league already has? How did you think this was a good idea?

I know we already talked about it but for everyone else, no I didn’t it’s purely an example for the current insta to take inspiration from 

9 hours ago, rory said:

Thank god Motza is still around to be the voice of reason

"Your god can't save you, but I can."

- MacGruber

- Motzaburger

Episode 1 Who Let The Dog Out GIF by MacGruber

17 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

1. Aspect Ratio:

Recruitment is not in charge of what graphics they get from the community, sure they can crop it sometimes, but sometimes the resolution is already garbage. Until they have enough content to actually make informed selections I can't imagine this is a top priority. Sure, could be better, but as you said not necessary.

2. Reels:

So like what gameplay footage are you planning to use? Where are you getting clips of popular Youtubers and streamers talking about our forum? How many of our members have the experience in video editing to even approach this level of content?

3. Types of Posts:

I don't agree with this, but its not outrageous and I see why you think this would be better. No real comment.

4. Branding: 

Once again, Recruitment is at the mercy of the Graphics creators. Sure templates would be nice, and those are pretty much one time things, but we can barely get enough people to keep up with the VSN Graphics let alone a team with multiple posts a week, each with their own unique cover graphics. Something to work towards maybe, but only if we have more numbers.

5. Example:

I know that others have already talked to you about this, but this was a ballsy move, and could have REALLY backfired. I'm obviously not the only voice, but as much as your changes are cleaner, they're also just... fine? The corner logos feel like too much, the side lines clash on my eyeballs, and the real thing holding it together is that it is your specific graphical style. The moment another person gets in on it, without being solely templates, it feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

Do I think Recruitment could use some templated weekly content, yes. I think your ideas behind standings, leaders, trades are fine and dandy. If you really want the extra 2 capped TPE I'm sure someone could swing the same deal as VSN gets, with the expectation that top quality products get some top quality pay. If you want to do that, keep your head down and do that. You make great graphics. I'd love to see works of your quality on the Instagram, but we need enough people to commit to that quality to warrant a full makeover.

Much more eloquently put, but maybe too little too late.

23 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Recruitment is not in charge of what graphics they get from the community, sure they can crop it sometimes, but sometimes the resolution is already garbage. Until they have enough content to actually make informed selections I can't imagine this is a top priority. Sure, could be better, but as you said not necessary

Completely missed the point, I’m saying stop relying on community graphics, also stop posting graphics as reels which fixed both problems.

So like what gameplay footage are you planning to use? Where are you getting clips of popular Youtubers and streamers talking about our forum? How many of our members have the experience in video editing to even approach this level of content?

I’m not saying copy that exactly but use that general style for an ad, ultimately that’s what gets views in the algorithm I think you took a way to literal approach on that suggestion. And as for editing use capcut, it’s honestly not as hard as it looks it’s a hobby millions of people have it definitely wouldn’t be that big a hill to climb especially if your producing those types of ads every now and then and not on a regular basis.

I know that others have already talked to you about this, but this was a ballsy move, and could have REALLY backfired. I'm obviously not the only voice, but as much as your changes are cleaner, they're also just... fine? The corner logos feel like too much, the side lines clash on my eyeballs, and the real thing holding it together is that it is your specific graphical style. The moment another person gets in on it, without being solely templates, it feels like a disaster waiting to happen.

Your opinion on the changes are fine it’s okay to criticize that and I’m not saying they have to be followed, however I feel you’ve missed the point again. Those graphic are better contextually. They add more relevance to the all facets of the league rather than just being photoshopped pictures of NHL players with the wrong name. That was the point of my examples not that I didn’t like the designs of the current Instagram. 

Edited by Zetterberg

23 hours ago, Zetterberg said:

Also I’d like to change my opinion on one of my points in regards to using NHL player’s likeness. I think it’s fine

because of how small the VHL is HOWEVER, It’s still legally questionable so it should be a caution we are aware of. 

As a former player the picture of a player is legally allowed to be used as all pictures are taken in a public place that is deemed to accepted that a picture maybe take or will be taken but using such picture to mislead or suggest something misleading isn`t allowed. So to have a picture of said player in fashion that misleads others to think that they might actually be part of the league would be illegal. Only other concern that I can see would be copy right issues with the NHL logos or the actual person that took said photos as the belong to the person that took the photo. But majority of the pictures would fall under free use act due to the fact that they are being altered heavily in most cases and would be deemed art and would transfer owner ship to the artist.