Around the League in 500 words

Scurvy

Christmas is right around the corner and the VHL/E/M are winding down to the playoffs.  Teams are gearing up for a holiday playoff, scoring races are close, and a bunch of random stuff we can chat about for this week’s Around the League in 500 words.

VHLM Heating up

If you would have asked me at 20 games in who the favorite to get to a cup I would have said the Houston Bulls.  Now at 66 games into the season I have no clue who I’d pick.  Saskatoon has been on fire as of late, winning 9 straight.  

Led by Alexandros Mograine @sliceruser with 34g 53a 87pts, Jacob Smith Jr @jacobaa19 37g 54a 91 pts, and Adi Dassler @BOOM 35g 36a 71pts they are looking tough.  Lack of depth on defense hasn’t seem to hurt them at all and the two defenders they do have are top notch.  At 51w 10l 5OTL 107 points they look a lock to win the Western conference.  

In the east, Philadelphia and Ottawa are brawling for top spot.  Phili has the two top scorers in the league, a stud defenseman in Kodie Curran @Battlepopcorn, a banging goalie in Amir Redzic, and the recent addition of Jean Pierre Devote @eagle_3450 and Antonia Bucatini @CowboyinAmerica, Philly looks poised to go for it all.  

VHLE update:

The E is wrapping up nicely and my predicted cup winner Vasteras Iron Eagles are leading the league at 40-17-10.  What makes this club so deadly is that not only can they score, leading the league with 216 goals for.  But they stop them better than anyone, only allowing 156 goals.  This team is stacked everywhere.  On defense they have two rookies phenoms.  Callum Gary Yannick @Daniel Janser comes from Hall of Fame lineage and is already doing amazing work for the club with 11g 34a 45 pts and a whopping 328 hits. Next to him is another E rookie Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg with 19g 50a 69 pts, #2 in total scoring for defenders. 

Up front they have Eno Velvson @Nykonaxwith 31g 48a 7pts and VHLE veteran Ellis Woolfenden @D3X with 33g 32a 65pts.  In net they have two great options in Olivier Gauthier @fonzigg and Karl Herzlich @LastGoon007 which gives Vasteras a 1a and 1b option.  

They are going to be tough to beat in the playoffs.  Just looking at the clubs I think the Cologne Express have the best chance at beating the Iron Eagles just based on personnel, but it will be a battle. 

VHL’s DAVOS STREAK

As I surfed the stats today, I had completely not noticed the streak that Davos is currently on with 16 straight wins.  Holy shit, great job.  I root for Davos as my buddy Jake Thunder @Thunderis killing it still in his final season. 

Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg is destroying goalies with 53g 51a 104 points, one point ahead of veteran Chicago Phenom, Scotty Sundin.  It's exciting to see how Davos remains tough year in and year out.  Hoping my buddy Thunder gets one more chance for another title.  

A man writes a review after failing to answer a Trivia question correctly. This man writes a review while on vacations. The man in question writes it while in Disneyland and his wife watches a Mickey parade passing through. The man is happy.

That man is me, but also Leandro. Leandro is producing and so… I’m happy. This article encompasses why Leandro is succeeding, which pleases me.

I like these “around the league” themes and I’m more pleased I’m part of them.

(Brief intermission for my wife put her phone way below the multiple layers of clothing. It must be fun living in these temperatures… right, @Daniel Janser? See you soon!)

10/10.

Edited by leandrofg