Personally VHL overview

comrade cat

HI! And welcome to my idea of looking into every time now. I did something like this a few seasons ago but trades and shit happens so we will be looking at every VHL team and I’m gonna rate every side of their team so offense then defense then goalie. (by the way this is just for fun and tpe so let's begin shall we?)

wHpJO5sc7KzoPxbOTLqFVI_QMCrOSNrhHU-p7jF6_YsOxS4DIpD9r-lk5OH0WNUipNbB4sl3U0dDgeOH6RiyyMSbCjq2sMDNCU4C4y2Tk8wTmE91COd9m5Mu8UlrXkLSsvtwxU8siATRGWyhEAREOBA

Calgary Wranglers

Offense 7/10

First we see a well balanced offensive core with a few young players at high tpe, a player that shows the most potential of being a future star is Raimo Tuominen with only being a s90 player he has a shit ton of tpe and with this he can lead this team for a while,

Defense 6/10

For their defense they are gonna have to rely a lot on Skor McFleury but even then their defense is quite alright but I can see improvements being made to solid it out a bit more.

Goaltending 7/10

With two goalies and playing a backup they have a decent set up with a good starter and alright backup so I can see them push far with a group with this many high earners.

sPbkkWMMMf4Mv2003gfa5WKJTMbpsMHJCqc0ELE076aFgXMAcJbNmbnPyJC7ft34ulzxtKsr4xgUtiSDsJnJQxzru4Y0bnTdQ2Ausr4fL3HkOWkf3w7yLLpbRAeyKeTM_O9dFCLZUcybxP7BvyyRPGU

Chicago Phoenix

Offense 5/10

I think this group can be upgraded a bit more with most of their players being below 500 tpe it might be hard to even have a chance at playoffs but maybe at the TDL they could get a decent forward to get a slim chance.

Defense 3/10 

Defense is very low tpe and only 1 youngster doesn’t help the offense much. They really would need to rely on Lionel Collberg who is a s91 but I can see future stardom from this guy.

Goaltending 4/10 

Without a backup they are gonna have to use a bot which isn’t bad but their goalie being such a low tpe will hurt the team now. Maybe Simon will bless Ryan Artyomov but I don’t see this team going far sadly.

pf4MRxm42vTu0H805aIqJ0CVYKFtHJvNkZtJKfr_mXTq5vVf2iHrgLVMqBF-r1HjLFZppJIPleWdiJbwCKS6s5VbKjdjAbofksSdLUYIwFBnKl_rYs7zgYhrMvqZqKf9UcFWIExoWdIKgv3OTgnImLc

D.C Dragons 

Offense 7/10

Actually a pretty decent offense with a few players being over 1k tpe and some other players being near the 800ish mark makes this squad dangerous if they get a scoring streak happening.

Defense 4/10

Sadly their defense don’t show the same promise Mark Calaway will be heavily relied upon and there might be a chance that this 3 defensemen play could work but with such low tpe and young players I don’t know if this season will be a good one.

Goaltending ?/10

As of writing D.C doesn’t have a goaltender so I can’t really rank on nothing and I know they will get a goalie later on so our first ? rank.

uFR709k1fxuZC3s_5IdDO-wCUCyhPwzzUfvGCVRSV8PFmY2hiEuQDBcKvf9XnRxpAdJea8u39uMeDY8NuLnWL2asjY-ys0blURca9aDXyrhTGNGl_ikT1tGzajYAZtEOrMr3Kt0SMUfDQnvZ7L707v4

HC Davos Dynamo

Offense 5/10

It’s an old forward core with low tpe not giving a good first sight but if they can earn in a decent manner next season could be better for this forward group.

Defense 6/10 

A Bunch of decent players with their combined average of tpe is around 600ish which isn’t bad but isn’t ideal making it really tough to even reach playoff chances like this

Goaltending .7/10 

It’s close to wranglers goaltending situation which is pretty good, a decent backup to make sure not all games are losses and a really good starter which is quite ideal.

yxLXQ5B8Dwk3RBe3O575sStXVi-DI3hv0Dja7ZhstD1Fd-F2WbFKcOz6yf4rFDBn5fQDOKRUfZRbE6tlCpqZApBq3MStIQgEmIByT9accAtupU_CP4PiNIFGAV4JghDz2dW-qrwUtdNtm0wos3oaFEg

Helsinki Titans

Offense 6/10 

Honestly it isn’t that bad and can work and after going to the finals this forward group can still be very dangerous. I can see a lot of players from this group score a shit ton if they can play their cards right.

Defense 7/10

Well balanced defensive players who can help their forwards score and protect the next. I wouldn't be shocked if one of these D-men get an award in a season or two.

Goaltending 6/10

Again a 1000 tpe goaltender can help a lot even if your forwards aren’t the most they will score so if you can make sure they can’t score against you it’s a win no backup sucks but hopefully we can see this group do much more.

apR7WONQSynl22_l24w3_Ww1qPrve-v1pcqRIH7Idaesc8hljRTdXPK9V3rZun28pbckhoUW3Ct4iondlwAjwMJhYsGd6irCy8vmqYKYgCOrBszjviGe-u49G4GQ9dmiMhQl9_9P_l99AQabwDl0H9s

London United 

Offense 9.5/10 

With how much these 3 players can do I won’t be shocked if london gets into the playoffs and considered a finalist with this good forward core I can see them winning a lot of games/

Defense 6/10

3 decent defensive men who can push the offensive side even more making this team a good pick, it would have been a 7 though if they had more than 3 so they can balance it out with 4 but we will see if this works.

Goaltending 7/10

Almost a 1.2k tpe goalie with no backup I can see him getting a shit ton of shutouts and raking an award if he does it enough. London seems to be a dangerous team all around so it would be hard to fight these guys.

nu74CIUI3OylvtJLWf9HcbzhkHiAnJ5Hb0ofBRzIozPQ9BS1RUtVX0_3Ox5QARKGdLdcAuEM0Gh_N6tWTBp-xQaTeqiO-2wmDl32cmKHF__621h7OQvQgKRuvLI4KcoPw1eZ_OqJDGVfE4NBBaoWLsk

Los Angeles Stars

Offense 8/10 

A well balanced offensive squad with every area being a decent good player making this team stand out as also a dangerous scary team who can outscore you if not careful

Defense 3/10

Now sadly with such a good offensive core they have a bad D group which can blunder their success if they can’t get more. It's not even about tpe only having 2 D-men won’t end well.

Goaltending 6/10

Alright goaltending decent backup and an okay starter who can earn and get better over time but with their defensive core being not the best the goalies will have to work overtime to secure some wins.

ADMew7SLgXkSFj_6r83KgbvPsVYaO92zquEwej2gnrpI8cKp9Wbuv5ceQikWQDHGmNd2N2mvkD281d_QtgGDvTDOjglMsgFW-bGGzQ4MTg33J8FNqNJNy51iHeJwRjgi6SU-FGA5GaideT2Wq3bHRkY

Malmo Nighthawks

Offense 7.5/10

Not the best of forwards groups but one of the better promising ones seeing all their young players like RJMW Rave and Tzesar they could earn and balance their offensive a bit more.

Defense 6/10

Again it’s very well rounded with some youngsters so it only gets better over time right now though seeing players like Jacob Stone and the two rookies Jebediah and Conference being really good earners while also having Reese McFluery be a dangerous group.

Goaltending 7/10

Now I know I’m being a bit biased but eh, Ash sparks even though growing old has been effective at being a brick wall for Malmo and doesn’t seem like he is going to slow down while also earning quite well the only problem is not having a backup.

tq8EpQG4TandM7-_CrAisgpoCYMXNoJISJj_02CJp2lQgmR0fzkMaxoGQEFdYsvaMxr5a3XpTBs7mq8BTaqtOvxDMMB_oM-SS8qZBN4dJL0xetsTwC7GizMxfKmlWzc-Q0NLJcHKzae9p7S9PXHIfI0

Moscow Menace

Offense 5.5/10

Decently young group with a big push of tpe from axle gunner I can see this group being upgraded a bit more but in all is okay and can still pack a punch.

Defense 5/10

Again their defensive place isn’t bad nor good so it’s a mixture of mid which isn’t bad at all but can use a bit of work.

Goaltending 4/10 

Not gonna lie not the best this team is gonna be in the rebuilding mode and I’d said for about 2 seasons they are close with their forward group but everything else is bland

GTjsshuD-CfqymmNn8HBXKurOTyJStzXh9kydiLxGrNUfvc9EJQ3KfP-WzKueY4WLey_xysFt7sJwYropiEAtvsUPO5DwAEEemevIesFbmf4FrMgHFUTcmP0-3pQ8bc2_Sz56pUp7Jq_mxNpytSO_8k

New York Americans

Offense 7.5/10

Pretty good offense and with how young their best players are I can see a lot promise from this growing group which I believe can make it to the playoffs

Defense 6/10

Decent group could use some work but if not it’s still good enough to help their forwards and goalie be productive and can maybe even carry the teams at times. 

Goaltending 4.5/10 

I can see some growth but both goalies not being so good might hinder this time quite a lot. Hopefully they can earn and keep the pipes blocked for New York.

xyvWoyBE0csJBhGlHAT1-wDbA5IjXgOERptlrmfETD0DPZCLgHfRXV4oE7nvDWpgzh38V2B8P8U0IcM9EjpGb0h1A4mdXZUljndS3Tl7wsGXiLsCf1SwfAYeBivYMZTQMy37_N4JRtEqCBOE1noYoMQ

Prague Phantoms

Offense 7/10 

With a bunch of high tpe players this team can be powerful against teams with bad defense and honestly could continue to grow into a much better group.

Defense 8/10

Pretty good defense and well roundedness from this core being able to help your forwards while also being a defensive anchor is quite important and some teams can’t really achieve this but I think Prague has it.  

Goaltending 6.5/10 

Murdock is a decent goalie near 1k tpe which will make this team very dangerous and maybe a chance in the finals isn’t a far off thing. 

tOIqpzg9w9JOUyvW02ZWdKEtKq7KjK-2FOz21XoBAxriPldQ4jj4WmewOM66WyEHKT84VJ7opHb0UPXp_fmOxAQA-2H-3P9M9lRo8P2k6ppksRZU2QDNJuBSQwNL-vbaLNbAnf16h-J7wqf7Fp8AIW0

Riga Reign

Offense 6.5/10

Again decent offense with a chance to grow into a better group overall and an okay amount of younger players who will grow and maybe shape up this offense

Defense 4.5/10

Not good really but still decent enough to help their forwards push and show some hitting on ice while being okay at the blue line.

Goaltending 7/10 

A really good starter and young backup so this rating might go up a lot after a while since I can see Red Panda earn a ton and continue to be a problem for some teams. 

DMf0CJ83JM_Yl85ywchdV1R8Tw9c3_-_DgfIUXNVl6uN-y6pmKMB9eq4Be7vHHXvtoAx55472nej2JRGuG24wDOibZRfnMOOCmaotnp3X1GPGepoQfwIHK_pUPV81z422Gqrc9HVa3usve4hOsmwAAY

Seattle Bears

Offense 5.5/10 

Young core with a few vets it’s a mediocre group that needs improvement if any chance at playoffs is wanted.

Defense 3.5/10

3 Defense and all on the lower tpe side which doesn’t help much as they will struggle against much more offensive focused teams who will rail against them.

Goaltending 2/10

Sadly I don’t think their goalie will help their case. I don't see this team being the worst in the VHL but near it is for sure they will heavily need to upgrade their goaltending and defense if they want a chance.

GPM3FtELbr12HANX2dreeMw9W5Jt897tUCvZc-02y3Hu7cYZDrvxq8ty2itB9l3dbrCBuz-h80V5_zRSG4N0Ar5iYNoH53cnbvZPmo4L5LlPFmDo-Tdbz6PhBvyQtY2OKGa42u0xFht7OlQOGwnC5Rs

Toronto Legion 

Offense 6.5/10

Most of their players are high tpe but they have so little, only 4 players in the entire group which means bots are gonna be used which are never nice to have.

Defense 6/10

Again running a 3 man defensive squad but they seem to be earning quite well so I don’t think that this will cause them much issue. 

Goaltending 7.5/10 

Joel Castle has been a great goalie with a ton of promise and a ton of success and while also having a good backup to win games this team has a good chance at playoffs

VcaGYNolwCQ1mWe90qMzRalf5p00F9PPauxZfJiR7Drlrr2YCJ2fKQWC79Cg2PU1f2-I9UiznHqXNM6cI5vRxzh06yGmFMX0Msdx0Ys8w8297Iivzx6AGCERxdc4AwBRPvOXrVjz404i3JiyGK05p1A

Vancouver Wolves 

Offense 5/10

Not a good squad but with how much they are earning I don’t think that this will lead to many issues for the future.

Defense 6/10

Close to Toronto’s defense only being a bit older which isn’t the best but if they can draft or trade for another decent D man I can see this group going to maybe wildcard.

Goaltending 5/10

With Dalkr being a young goalie he will need a ton of help from his Dmen but then again if Dalkr keeps earning he can be a future problem to a lot of teams.

G6Qktt7XLBBabxn9nM8fxLC_vEU0YsiqiEXdipb1Osm3TlyXjoU6ED_s-Hy3vtwM5qAJS_n4AebMVFBuAT9PAYihANxEd5RLP9aPkAdK22zoMateGcv4qME2SOP_25tIIEcpVF49LtltLP0ed71E31A

Warsaw Predators 

Offense 6.5/10 

Very good offensively and making sure they can stay like this will be deadly as they work together. I can see this forward group causing trouble.

Defense 6/10

This defense might not help much but still a good 4 style of play can help their offense go to new heights.

Goaltending 5.5/10

A lot of aging and so I don’t see this ending well in a few seasons but as for now they are able to stop most shots which in the end that’s all that matters.

Words: 1911

(now ik this is kinda of a shitty review but to be fair I tried to use my entire ability of speech a lot of teams had a similar group so there will be a little bit of copying but I tried my best to give every team a unique look over)

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, comrade cat said:

As of writing D.C doesn’t have a goaltender so I can’t really rank on nothing and I know they will get a goalie later on so our first ? rank.

We did trade for one a few days ago it probably just hasn’t been processed on the portal yet. Henry Tucker Jr will be starting for DC.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

We did trade for one a few days ago it probably just hasn’t been processed on the portal yet. Henry Tucker Jr will be starting for DC.

yea really didn't want to  rank on something without knowing ngl i kinda feel like i didnt do a good job since so much of using the same word but hell i tried 

20 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Still pending sleepy commish! (financier also sleepy)

• 2 weeks later...

This was a pretty raw and unfiltered breakdown of each team. I like how you pulled no punches. 😂 You said "Vancouver Wolves. Not a good squad.". I sort of empathize with them, but I think if we pick up just 1 more solid, active D man/woman, we'll be seriously competitive. I digress though. This isn't about me. I can see you put a lot of time into this as far as stat checking and inserting images in the appropriate places. Good work!