Open Press Conference for Any Player

1. You get to choose your own goal song that will play whenever you personally score.  What song are you choosing and why?

2. What is your first hockey memory, either playing or watching the game?

3. What is your jersey number and why did you choose it?

4. You can select any player on any team in the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM to play on your line, D-pair, or be your tandem backup if you're a goalie.  Who do you choose and why?

5. You're going on a long road trip with the team and you can bring either your favorite book or your favorite movie, not both.  Which one do you bring? And what is your favorite book or movie?

6. You get to learn any skill in the world the way Neo learns Kung Fu-- it's instantaneously uploaded into your mind and you can perform it flawlessly.  What skill would you learn and why?

Feel free to answer any or all of the questions, or choose your 3 favorite and add 3 more!  

8 minutes ago, LucyXpher said:

1. You get to choose your own goal song that will play whenever you personally score.  What song are you choosing and why?

4. You can select any player on any team in the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM to play on your line, D-pair, or be your tandem backup if you're a goalie.  Who do you choose and why?

5. You're going on a long road trip with the team and you can bring either your favorite book or your favorite movie, not both.  Which one do you bring? And what is your favorite book or movie?

6. You get to learn any skill in the world the way Neo learns Kung Fu-- it's instantaneously uploaded into your mind and you can perform it flawlessly.  What skill would you learn and why?

Feel free to answer any or all of the questions, or choose your 3 favorite and add 3 more!  

1. If I had to pick a goal song for when I score it would have to be 7 nation army because its a great song and it will get the team buzzing after a goal.

2. My first Hockey memory is on the ice when I was first learning how to skate in a local training camp.

3. My Hockey number is 8 because I love racing and my favourite NASCAR driver wore the #8.

4. If I had to select any player to be on my line I would select Trimiskez Artav as we have great chemistry in the locker room and I feel our playing styles would work really well together, now the main issue is who goes to their off wing.

5. I would bring my favourite movie The Fast and the Furious.

6. I would learn the skill of being able to get a goal and an assist in one game as I can only score goals or get assists at the moment.

I'm choosing "My Name Is Dark" by Grimes.  It's probably not a typical hype song and maybe it'd be weird as a goal song, but if I could choose anything I'd want to hear when I scored a goal, it'd be the ending of that song from the 5:17 mark on.  

My first hockey memory is putting on a San Jose Sharks jersey that belonged to my dad when I was about 4 years old.  It was so big on me that I was swimming in it and it dragged on the floor.  I just remember being taken by the colors and the logo and pointing at the shark biting the hockey stick with a weird combination of fear and curiosity.  

My jersey number is 89, which is not my first choice.  I would have taken 9 as that is my favorite number, but when I joined the Bulls it was taken.  To be honest, I'm starting to think that I should just make 89 my first choice any time I'm asked what number I want because 9 never seems to be available when I want it.  I have these weird reasons why 9 to me is a perfect number and I chose 89 as a backup because I think it looks good on a jersey and because 8 before 9 to me represents a sort of perfecting of something that's already good.  I probably make it deeper than it is, haha, it's just a number at the end of the day, but those are my reasons.

I think I'm breaking my own question with this answer, but I think I'd choose to share the ice with Ash Sparks, the goalie for the Malmo Nighthawks.  Sparks has been unreal this year and has had an incredible career.  Not that I don't like our goalies on Houston, I do!  I just think it would be unreal to play defense in front of an incredible goalie like Sparks for an amazing team like the Nighthawks.  Also, @DarkSpyro has been so kind and welcoming to me since joining the league and I'd love to be teammates someday.  

I'm a bookworm, even though I love movies, so I'm bringing my favorite book which is Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson.  I love the Sprawl Trilogy and as good as Neuromancer is, MLO is my favorite.  I just really loved the cast of characters in this novel, especially the relationship between Molly and Kumiko.  Highly recommend it!

If I could learn any skill in the world instantaneously, I would want to boost my artistic skills.  I do a lot of drawing and visual art, but there are styles and skills that I still find very difficult.  I would love to just instantaneously have better art skill so I could better realize some of my creative ideas.  

37 minutes ago, Nathan_8 said:

1. If I had to pick a goal song for when I score it would have to be 7 nation army because its a great song and it will get the team buzzing after a goal.

2. My first Hockey memory is on the ice when I was first learning how to skate in a local training camp.

3. My Hockey number is 8 because I love racing and my favourite NASCAR driver wore the #8.

4. If I had to select any player to be on my line I would select Trimiskez Artav as we have great chemistry in the locker room and I feel our playing styles would work really well together, now the main issue is who goes to their off wing.

5. I would bring my favourite movie The Fast and the Furious.

6. I would learn the skill of being able to get a goal and an assist in one game as I can only score goals or get assists at the moment.

Getting a goal AND an assist?  I'm not even sure if that Matrix tech can help u... 😛  

1 hour ago, LucyXpher said:

1. Probably some kinda pop-punk/rock/alternative music from the 2000s. Something like Blink-182 (whom I was very fortunate to see live over the summer haha), Brand New, or Deftones. If I had to pick, I think I'd have to go with 'Damnit' off of Blink-182's Dude Ranch or Deftone's cover of 'The Chaffeur' by Duran Duran. 

2. I can't really remember, unfortunately - I've never very been really into hockey prior to the VHL so this league, for the most part, is my most recent exposure to hockey in general. However, I did attend a Washington Capitols game! Though, that was probably closer to a decade ago now so no real memories from that, unfortunately. 

3. I chose the number 4 - it means a lot to me as I wore it in real life when I played travel soccer as well as in high school, and it also just fit with my render - Cole Sillinger, who I intend on using for a graphic eventually. Everything happened to work out well for me in that regard! 

4. Wow - tough one. Well, I might have to go with the easy answer and say maybe Forum Content considering they're leading the league points-wise, I think that would be a fun pair for me. On the flip side, though, I'm very happy with the Bulls so I think it's safe to say anyone currently playing for them would work greatly too.

5. I'd probably go for the movie - I love to read, but in the car (or team bus in this case) is far from my favorite spot to read. I might go for the Star Wars prequel trilogy granted the ride is long enough to get through them. 

6. Oh, definitely skateboarding. I used to skate all the time with my friends when I was younger - not so much anymore. Some of my favorite memories are skating with my friends, so that'd be really cool to perfect as a skill.

10 minutes ago, Nyx said:

1. Probably some kinda pop-punk/rock/alternative music from the 2000s. Something like Blink-182 (whom I was very fortunate to see live over the summer haha), Brand New, or Deftones. If I had to pick, I think I'd have to go with 'Damnit' off of Blink-182's Dude Ranch or Deftone's cover of 'The Chaffeur' by Duran Duran. 

2. I can't really remember, unfortunately - I've never very been really into hockey prior to the VHL so this league, for the most part, is my most recent exposure to hockey in general. However, I did attend a Washington Capitols game! Though, that was probably closer to a decade ago now so no real memories from that, unfortunately. 

3. I chose the number 4 - it means a lot to me as I wore it in real life when I played travel soccer as well as in high school, and it also just fit with my render - Cole Sillinger, who I intend on using for a graphic eventually. Everything happened to work out well for me in that regard! 

4. Wow - tough one. Well, I might have to go with the easy answer and say maybe Forum Content considering they're leading the league points-wise, I think that would be a fun pair for me. On the flip side, though, I'm very happy with the Bulls so I think it's safe to say anyone currently playing for them would work greatly too.

5. I'd probably go for the movie - I love to read, but in the car (or team bus in this case) is far from my favorite spot to read. I might go for the Star Wars prequel trilogy granted the ride is long enough to get through them. 

6. Oh, definitely skateboarding. I used to skate all the time with my friends when I was younger - not so much anymore. Some of my favorite memories are skating with my friends, so that'd be really cool to perfect as a skill.

Awesome!  Love the song choices, can't really go wrong with Blink for a goal song imo.  Cool that you used to skateboard!  I always wanted to skate but ended up getting into longboarding, still do some dancing when I can get out.  Great answers!

3 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

1) Ever since I saw the video of Edwin Diaz walking to the mound to "Narco" a few years ago, I've thought it's a brilliant intro/entrance song, and while it probably fits a little better as that than as a goal song, I think it would be pretty cool to hear after a goal, too. I'd probably go with that, but maybe "Break" by Three Days Grace.

2) The first things I can closely remember are all from a time where I was growing up in Thompson and watching the Norman Northstars, a Midget AAA team that to any hockey-loving kids there was pretty much the coolest thing. We idolized the guys that were good enough to make that team. I lived there for four years and we went to a ton of games. Loved the rink, every seat in the place was up close to the action, it really captured the whole "small hockey town" vibe, though I don't know if it really did or if it just felt that way because I was a young kid. One year they auctioned off the jerseys... we won the one won by Shane Clarkson and I wore it to one of the games. He came out of the locker room that night with his stick; lots of kids were grabbing at it and he picked me out and said, "this one's for the kid with the cool number". So that was pretty awesome! Watching the Northstars makes up a lot of my childhood hockey memories. I remember being at Manitoba Moose games prior to that but I was too young to have any real recollection of what was going on beyond just, "I was in the stands".

3) Number 11. I kind of just try to pick a number that I think will look good on a jersey. I'm usually a little partial to single digits but I wanted to pick something different this time around. I don't know if there's particularly any rhyme or reason to it, although my dad did wear 11 when he played hockey growing up and I may have subconciously factored that in a bit.

4) I'd probably say Daryl Dixon - Rice was my original GM when I got into the league and was such a good GM and helped so many of us first gens out in those early years. I've never got to play on a team with him (at least not while I was active, possibly towards the end of McLaren's career I might have ended up somewhere with him but I don't know), but it would be cool to get the opportunity. Plus, Dixon's a darn good player with one of the few 1250+ TPA builds out there so it probably couldn't hurt to be on his line!

5) I generally entertain myself with video games, so I'd probably prefer to just bring a Nintendo Switch with a Pokemon game or Tears of the Kingdom and occupy myself with that - but in the interest of answering the question that was asked, I'd say a movie. I'd probably bring Infinity War and Endgame, although if I wanted to keep it on brand, being a hockey road trip and all, might just go for Miracle.

6) I've been doing a lot of research & practice in the field of content creation ... stuff like social media marketing, video editing, creating good titles/thumbnails for YouTube, etc. but I'm self-taught, work a full-time job, and there's SO much to learn! I love doing it and I know I've improved a lot, but it would be pretty cool to just instantaneously be really good at all of it. It's the kind of thing that I would really enjoy being able to do as a full-time job over working a 9-5 in the office, not that I dislike my current situation or anything.

8 minutes ago, tcookie said:

1) Ever since I saw the video of Edwin Diaz walking to the mound to "Narco" a few years ago, I've thought it's a brilliant intro/entrance song, and while it probably fits a little better as that than as a goal song, I think it would be pretty cool to hear after a goal, too. I'd probably go with that, but maybe "Break" by Three Days Grace.

2) The first things I can closely remember are all from a time where I was growing up in Thompson and watching the Norman Northstars, a Midget AAA team that to any hockey-loving kids there was pretty much the coolest thing. We idolized the guys that were good enough to make that team. I lived there for four years and we went to a ton of games. Loved the rink, every seat in the place was up close to the action, it really captured the whole "small hockey town" vibe, though I don't know if it really did or if it just felt that way because I was a young kid. One year they auctioned off the jerseys... we won the one won by Shane Clarkson and I wore it to one of the games. He came out of the locker room that night with his stick; lots of kids were grabbing at it and he picked me out and said, "this one's for the kid with the cool number". So that was pretty awesome! Watching the Northstars makes up a lot of my childhood hockey memories. I remember being at Manitoba Moose games prior to that but I was too young to have any real recollection of what was going on beyond just, "I was in the stands".

3) Number 11. I kind of just try to pick a number that I think will look good on a jersey. I'm usually a little partial to single digits but I wanted to pick something different this time around. I don't know if there's particularly any rhyme or reason to it, although my dad did wear 11 when he played hockey growing up and I may have subconciously factored that in a bit.

4) I'd probably say Daryl Dixon - Rice was my original GM when I got into the league and was such a good GM and helped so many of us first gens out in those early years. I've never got to play on a team with him (at least not while I was active, possibly towards the end of McLaren's career I might have ended up somewhere with him but I don't know), but it would be cool to get the opportunity. Plus, Dixon's a darn good player with one of the few 1250+ TPA builds out there so it probably couldn't hurt to be on his line!

5) I generally entertain myself with video games, so I'd probably prefer to just bring a Nintendo Switch with a Pokemon game or Tears of the Kingdom and occupy myself with that - but in the interest of answering the question that was asked, I'd say a movie. I'd probably bring Infinity War and Endgame, although if I wanted to keep it on brand, being a hockey road trip and all, might just go for Miracle.

6) I've been doing a lot of research & practice in the field of content creation ... stuff like social media marketing, video editing, creating good titles/thumbnails for YouTube, etc. but I'm self-taught, work a full-time job, and there's SO much to learn! I love doing it and I know I've improved a lot, but it would be pretty cool to just instantaneously be really good at all of it. It's the kind of thing that I would really enjoy being able to do as a full-time job over working a 9-5 in the office, not that I dislike my current situation or anything.

Great answers! I'm gonna have to look up Narco 'cuz I've never seen that video.  I really enjoyed your story about watching the Northstars, getting a jersey and a stick! Really cool and it's amazing how experiences like that stay with us!  I guess I should have included video games as a third option, huh? 

1. You get to choose your own goal song that will play whenever you personally score. What song are you choosing and why?

“Never Gonna Give You Up” by Rick Astley. Because, well, who doesn't LOVE that song?

My first hockey memory is of watching my uncle play at the local rink. I didn't quite understand the game at the time, but the learning process has been awesome, and it's one that never ends 

I prefer number 74. Only because it was the first number I was ever assigned and I'm sort of a traditionalist.

4. You can select any player on any team in the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM to play on your line, D-pair, or be your tandem backup if you're a goalie. Who do you choose and why?

Bric Sheithaus because they're a D-Man with 50 points so far. 

5. You're going on a long road trip with the team and you can bring either your favorite book or your favorite movie, not both. Which one do you bring? And what is your favorite book or movie?

I'd bring “Blood Meridian” by Cormac McCarthy. I've read it a few times and somehow I get a different perspective of it each time I read it.

6. You get to learn any skill in the world the way Neo learns Kung Fu-- it's instantaneously uploaded into your mind and you can perform it flawlessly. What skill would you learn and why?

The power to freely lobotomize people because there are some people in this world who are oversensitive and make rash decisions based off of feelings and emotions.

Sike out!

On 1/22/2024 at 3:19 PM, LucyXpher said:

1. “Goal song choice- umm, maybe something that you’d find in a Tony Hawk game but us goalies rarely get goals soooo…”

2. “First hockey memory was probably when I was sitting on the couch watching a championship game with my grandma and I got to see the trophy lift. Since then that’s been my drive to lift a trophy of my own.”

3. “33, matching numbers feels good to me and a lot of goalies have worn it so it’s an honor to have it.”

4. ”The Goalie I have now, why change it up when it works?”

5. ”Book is the Mike Eruizone one about the Miracle on Ice and movie is probably Goon to be honest. I’d consider myself a hockey enthusiast.”

6. ”Solving a Rubix Cube, impressing people seems cool and what better way than cubing.”

Edited by HockeyFan4Life
Some needed changes lol

On 1/22/2024 at 12:19 PM, LucyXpher said:

1. She-Wolf by Megadeth just because it's one of my favorite songs.

2. watching a Habs game with my dad

3. I chose number 11 because of my favorite player since I was young Saku Koivu

4. Antonia Bucatini @CowboyinAmerica could you imagine adding her to our top line with Forum Content it would be unreal

5. I'm not much of a reader outside of manga so I'd take my favorite movie I guess The Last Samurai

6. The ability to instantly learn a language would be pretty amazing

• 1 month later...

1. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World.  It's always a banger

2. Probably going to a game with my dad, really started my love of the game.

3. 11, for some reason I've always been a fan of that number

4. Gotta go with @Gaikoku-hito's Pierre Emile Bouchard!  We had a great run in Vancouver

5. Probably favorite movie. Right now it's probably .Dune 1 and 2

6. I'd learn to speak every language!! Great utility in my professional and personal life.

1 minute ago, dogwoodmaple said:

1. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World.  It's always a banger

2. Probably going to a game with my dad, really started my love of the game.

3. 11, for some reason I've always been a fan of that number

4. Gotta go with @Gaikoku-hito's Pierre Emile Bouchard!  We had a great run in Vancouver

6. I'd learn to speak every language!! Great utility in my professional and personal life.

Dune 2 was incredible!  Just had to reply to say that lol

1 hour ago, dogwoodmaple said:

Much respect and love!! Thank you as it was a great run in Vancouver, drafted in the same draft and we completely turned Vancouver around; with help of course!! LOL!!

Also the second person to mention Dune 1 & 2 as really great movies by the way and I have to wait until the 18th to watch the second one here!! (and that person may or may not have already responded here!! LOL!!)

1) I would chose red rum because the song gets me hyped

2) That would have to be me scoring 7 goals in a game

3) My number is 11 and i got it when i was young and i just stuck with it

1) Whats your favorite stick and why?

2) Whats your favorite Nhl Team and why

3) whos your favorite player and why?

1. Carnival by Kanye West because it's a good song.

2. My first hockey memory was in 2013 when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup.

6. I would master how to block as I am an O'linemen for my high school.

1. What is you favourite hockey brand and why?

2. Who is your favourite NHL legend and why?

3. What is your favourite hockey team and why?

• 2 weeks later...

1. You get to choose your own goal song that will play whenever you personally score. What song are you choosing and why?

“Blast Doors” by Everything Everything. That song gets me so dang pumped!

My first memory of hockey was watching my uncle play at the local rink.

I chose #9 because Modano is a personal favorite of mine.

4. You can select any player on any team in the VHL, VHLE, or VHLM to play on your line, D-pair, or be your tandem backup if you're a goalie. Who do you choose and why?

I'd choose @Tetricide because he's a good build and he's a fellow Stars fan.

5. You're going on a long road trip with the team and you can bring either your favorite book or your favorite movie, not both. Which one do you bring? And what is your favorite book or movie?

I'd bring Revenge of the Nerds. I never get tired of that movie. It's a heartwarming story about overcoming obstacles.

6. You get to learn any skill in the world the way Neo learns Kung Fu-- it's instantaneously uploaded into your mind and you can perform it flawlessly. What skill would you learn and why?

The skill to turn wine back into water because I'm trying to live healthier these d

ays.