My Random VHL Thoughts - S92 - Part 3

• What are my goals with this player? Honestly - no idea. I know there's a lot of back and forth about if Checking is even useful or if the penalty minutes it generates are too much of a downside but I think I'm going for more of a two-way D build rather than a traditional VHL offensive defenseman. The upside of this player is likely to be "solid" since my days of earning max TPE, donations, etc... are way over.
  • Daily reminder to get @eaglesfan036to update weekly and not do his once a season large update
  • Do we still do word filters/word changes? Traded, FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, etc...
  • Eaglesfan brought up an old memory about Munk - I don't remember what it was that made me think of this, but one of my favorite old VHL memories was when some combination of  @Jericho@Advantage@Devise found out Brovy's/Metis's (don't know what his username is or if he even had one on this site) password because it was something simple like "password" or "abc123".
  • Old things that I do not miss:
    • Manually posting the individual game threads
    • Manually creating the official roster pages for newly created players
    • Going 3+ days without sims - pretty sure this site would burn to the ground if that happened again

55 minutes ago, Fire Tortorella said:

Traded

This one was gone before my time. The other one is still great though even if it's having to be explained more and more these days.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Gustav said:

This one was gone before my time. The other one is still great though even if it's having to be explained more and more these days.

Tbh I don’t even remember there being a word filter for traded but I believe it existed.

If anything there are probably actually more of them these days, they just aren’t things that often get mentioned.

10 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Tbh I don’t even remember there being a word filter for traded but I believe it existed.

If anything there are probably actually more of them these days, they just aren’t things that often get mentioned.

I can think of two others that are both BoG-specific and I don't like either of them; one feels like censorship and the other wrecked a good joke.

"Quick" changing to "Quik" was funny when he was around. I'm not sure I know of anything else.

25 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Traded was "shipped me off" or something similar - was a quote from Brovy.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Fire Tortorella said:

Traded was "shipped me off" or something similar - was a quote from Brovy.

Right right. Now that you mention it I do recall that being around a lot back in the day haha.

11 hours ago, Fire Tortorella said:
  • What are my goals with this player? Honestly - no idea. I know there's a lot of back and forth about if Checking is even useful or if the penalty minutes it generates are too much of a downside but I think I'm going for more of a two-way D build rather than a traditional VHL offensive defenseman. The upside of this player is likely to be "solid" since my days of earning max TPE, donations, etc... are way over.
  • Daily reminder to get @eaglesfan036to update weekly and not do his once a season large update
  • Do we still do word filters/word changes? Traded, FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY, etc...
  • Eaglesfan brought up an old memory about Munk - I don't remember what it was that made me think of this, but one of my favorite old VHL memories was when some combination of  @Jericho@Advantage@Devise found out Brovy's/Metis's (don't know what his username is or if he even had one on this site) password because it was something simple like "password" or "abc123".
  • Old things that I do not miss:
    • Manually posting the individual game threads
    • Manually creating the official roster pages for newly created players
    • Going 3+ days without sims - pretty sure this site would burn to the ground if that happened again

It was Kesler at the time and @Jericho figured it out because I believe Kesler told him it for some reason.  

The password I’m pretty sure was just his username (Kesler). 

Brovy was such a character. 

I remember when he posted about his computer slowing down and wondering what to do. And in the same sentence Brovy mentioned he hadn't shut down the computer in months 😂🤣🤣 

(Shut down as in a full  pc shutdown)