VHL Health Chat

44 minutes ago, v.2 said:

What are you taking 5 HTP for?

I know that shit is great after a night of doing molly 😄

It was suggested to me a while ago to help with some anxiety, I don't take it daily though so can't say I'm a proponent. I'll have to give it a try with some molly though :wOOt: 

D3 mostly because I feel like it at this point. I had a doctor tell me a while ago I was a bit low but I also drink an absolute shit ton of milk--so I like to think the daily intake is certainly satisfied. Also a scoop of protein powder after every workout, though I have no idea if it's doing anything.

Are there specific reasons why I'd take any of this other stuff/any benefits it brings? I feel like a lot of it comes with a nice load of pseudoscience but I'd appreciate being able to sort out the good stuff from that too.

On 3/20/2024 at 4:45 AM, Banackock said:

Still having issues sleeping.. almost seems like it’s getting worse… wake up at midnight, 130, 315, 430 etc.. toss, turn, lay there etc.. have tried chamomile, sleeping pills for 2 weeks, melatonin and am now trying valerian root… going to get some blood work done this week!! 

Didn’t work out at all last week.. so busy at work and then so tired at home from the driving, work and lack of sleep. 

Have you tried magnesium?

Being healthy and the pursuit of death by natural causes seems like a lot of work. 

I used to stay stocked with G-Fuel pre workout, but that was only for my work thermos when there wasn't a coffee pot available. I built a tolerance though, so I'm considering meth. Can anyone advocate for the health and energy benefits tied to this?

On 3/20/2024 at 11:15 AM, v.2 said:

Actually, drop your supplement stacks.  My current is:

Vitamin D

Elderberry

Magnesium

Creatine

Sometimes Ghost pre-workout, and sometimes Ghost EAA's intra-workout.

I dabble in ghost alot, they have the best flavors on the market IMO. 

daily vitamin

creatine (will stop after this rotation)

pre-workout

whey protein post-workout

BCAA (just bought for post-workout as well)