The Fire Rages on and the King of EU

The Fire Rages on and the King of EU

RichmondTest.png?ex=661c0730&is=66099230

Chicago Phoenix continue to surprise

The Chicago Phoenix are currently sitting in the final wildcard spot in NA, with a record of 17-14-7. They currently have a 7 point gap over 6th in NA, that being Vancouver, with a 15-19-4 record. Chicago coming into the season was projected to finish around the bottom of NA, as their team on paper wasn't as good as other teams, like the Calgary Wranglers and the Vancouver Wolves. However, as we've seen time and time again, Chicago continues to perform when they aren't expected to. They find way to win games and collect points, despite being on paper worse than a lot of teams. The spirits are high in Chicago where they might find themselves back into the post-season as they're ending the tail end of the rebuild, ready to start competing. Leading the way for Chicago is veteran Yaroslav Trunov @qripll, who has 55 points in 38 games played, with 30 goals and 25 assists. Trunov is currently on pace to break his career high that was set last season, where he's been on fire ever since he's joined Chicago, picking up a bigger role in the process. This team has some solid depth, but no real superstar player, as they rely on the sum of their parts to be a good team. Compared to the top teams, Chicago is a way off, but just making it to the post-season are baby steps to what the final goal is, to lift the trophy at the end of the day.

George Richmond impresses and Menace on top

The Moscow Menace have been the Kings of EU this season, finding themselves in first place in the conference, with a 26-9-3 record. Axle Gunner @Steve and Jeff Lewis @nerji have been the focal points on this team so far, both amassing over 50 points and bringing to life the offence. Richmond a rookie in the VHL currently finds himself at a point-per-game pace, with 38 points in 38 games played, 18 of those being goals. Currently, Richmond finds himself second in the rookie race, where he has a good shot to take home ROTY if he can continue to perform. We caught up with George Richmond and asked him about the pace of the VHL compared to the E, and how he's been able to adapt, to which he replied, "It's a lot faster for sure. You go from playing with players who are either veterans on their last leg, or young players trying to develop, to playing superstars and the best the world has to offer. It's for sure been a difficult process to adapt, but I felt like I've done my best in adapting. I'm still learning game by game on how to be a better player and read situations better, as Obuz Schneider Canet du Bocage @Grape has been helping me out, so shoutout to him. He's been like a brother to me and we hope to continue our dynamic duo on the ice." Moscow looks geared up for a playoff run, as they have been at the top of EU for a while now. While many players on Moscow have hopes for a championship, Richmond is just taking it all in and learning from the experience game after game.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

stop motion blow GIF

You telling me you had Chicago slotted as a playoff team?

Plus, not really. I think I actually have not done the best job as a GM, and it's widespread that I think that about myself. lol