Chicago Phoenix Potential Rebrand to...

Chicago Phoenix Potential Rebrand to...

WJersey.png?ex=66272b7e&is=6614b67e&hm=c

Why Rebrand?

First off, I just want to say that I like the Chicago Phoenix currently. I wouldn't actually want to rebrand the team and I'd want to keep it pretty much how it is. However, that's not the whole point of this week, which is the theme: rebranding. I had a couple ideas on how to take this, but ultimately landed on this one as the final choice, I think it's a cool idea, but it will never become a reality, thankfully.

Team Name and Colors, Reasoning

The team name I'm going to be rolling with is the Windy City Locomotives. You might be wondering, where is the Chicago name going? Well, we are going to be changing it to the "Windy City", as it's one of the nicknames for Chicago. If you didn't know, this actually comes from the 1870s, where a newspaper by the name of the "Cincinnati Enquirer" called Chicago this, because of a tornado that went through the city of Chicago. On top of that, they were doubling down on the name, highlighting the local speakers at the time who were "full of wind," basically calling them egotistical (I had to look this part up, because I had no clue why it was called the Windy City, I thought it was just because of how windy it is). Now that you know why we're switching to the Windy City, we can now focus on the team name, the Locomotives. I ended up choosing this over the "trains" because it obviously sounds way better in my opinion. Chicago actually has many trains that go in and outside of the city, as it's in the middle of the mid west and acts as a hub for most train companies as a middle point, hence why I chose the name Locomotives. As for the coloring, I decided to keep with some of the same colors that the Phoenix have. Overall, the main colors would be Red, Black, and White, however I decided to keep a bit of orange in the jersey to still have the "Chicago Phoenix" touch even though we are rebranding. Our goal horn would then change, as we would probably have a train horn as our goal horn, as for the song I have no clue. The coloring for the jersey was just my own opinion, because I think red and black work really well with each other. As for the logo, I basically found it online and recolored it, hence why I didn't use it for a full tpe graphic, and wrote an article instead. The logo belongs to the Syracuse Mets, which is the Triple A affiliate of the New York Mets. I think they've got a sick logo and it fits perfectly with the "C" standing for Chicago and the train obviously being for our team name. As for our arena and such, we'd still be located in Chicago and wouldn't end up changing location, as it wouldn't make any sense. Overall, this is all for fun and at the end of the day, I wouldn't want to rebrand the Chicago Phoenix, but I think this is a pretty fun spin on rebranding.