Malmo Nighthawks Team Press Conference

On 5/20/2024 at 9:24 PM, ethanjaeda said:

ZHNOhGJ.png

Answers

1.  Head over to Taco Bell! Team tradition, no questions asked.😂

2. I personally did not follow Eurovision so I’m unable to comment on that. 

3. Gojira - Our Time is Now
4. The game has a lot that could be improved but I’d probably try to make viewing the game in arenas a bit more affordable to the fans. Gotta start somewhere.

5. Ash Sparks spends the first few days working on his game, then goes to spend time with his family. It’s back to the grind after that- usually with a lot of the other Nighthawks!

6. I’d like to welcome you to the team, and thank you for coming along for the ride to bring the Cup back to Malmo!

Posted (edited)

My post decided to duplicate itself so editing the messages- carry on😅😂 

Edited by DarkSpyro
my presser posted multiple times so editing them

5 hours ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

rect2218-1.png?ex=665ac3c4&is=66597244&hm=3ccd740ca23cbb27ba51cbad951aafb5d444c68a8e57c7d093640c16274a409a&=

1. Getting back in shape for the season! 

2.Seeing sparks break the record.

3. Not getting involved in the relocation process. I go where the team goes. Also, as long as its not hot. 

4.My fellow netminder, Ash Sparks. 

5. I have no clue....

6.Dont have one. 

1) Just working on my game to be as good as I can in the new season.

2) Getting back out there with a great team and making another run.

3) Lulea - the team stays in Sweden and playing in a city that at times in the winter only has 3-4 hours of sunlight gives another meaning to "Nighthawks"

4) All my teammates, but maybe that's too obvious, so I'll also say I've had a bit of a soft spot for Riga since they drafted my first player.

5) I had no idea what this reference was at first so I typed "Lola was a what" into google and now my mind is blown lol. I don't have an answer for you though 😂

6) Well, I really dislike most rap but that means I don't hear it enough to actively hate it. So a song that actively annoys me is probably She's Got the Jack by AC/DC, who I actually quite like, but dear lord is that song grating

Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png  PRESS CONFERENCE Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png

Week of: June 9th, 2024

Answer 6 of these questions for 2 TPE

1. We are currently tied for first in the EU conference. How do you think Malmo will fare at the end of the season?

2. Do you think Calgary will continue their hot streak throughout the season?

3. Who do you think is shining brightly for Malmo so far this season?

4. What is your favorite snack?

5. What's your favorite band?

6. What goals do you have for your player this season?

7. Should Malmo look to make any trades near the TDL this season, or continue forward with the team we have?

8. HYPOTHETICAL: You've been forced to relive a single day for the rest of your life. That's it, there's no other day you'll experience. Which day are you picking and why?

7 hours ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png  PRESS CONFERENCE Malmo.png.0e8e68370072820cd31f5f94a6817e72.png

1. We are currently tied for first in the EU conference. How do you think Malmo will fare at the end of the season?

7. Should Malmo look to make any trades near the TDL this season, or continue forward with the team we have?

8. HYPOTHETICAL: You've been forced to relive a single day for the rest of your life. That's it, there's no other day you'll experience. Which day are you picking and why?

1. Listen my money is on us winning the Victory Cup for the 3rd straight year, but I fully expect a deep playoff run this time 😁 

2. My thoughts on Calgary have been stated in the locker room and I think it's best if they stay there.

3. Whole team is cooking per usual but I love the physicality Tzesar is bringing.

5. Favorite band recently has been these guys Strawberry Milk Cult, but all time it's probably The Strokes.

6. Need to go far in the playoffs.

7. That is all on our awesome GM, I know nothing other than I want to be here.

On 6/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. No reason to think we can't finish on top again.

2. No. It's not logical that they are doing as well as they are, and I believe this is just luck in a relatively small sample size. I have started to come around to the idea that they could make the playoffs, but for now I still think that they won't.

3. I'm going to shout out Randy Bobandy. The VSN didn't seem to like that acquisition for us and thought it would hurt our offense, but Bobandy is currently on pace for his best offensive season yet.

5. Motion City Soundtrack

6. Win playoff MVP.

8. I'll not overthink the rules of the question and just go with the Christmas day that I got a Gameboy and Pokemon Red.

On 6/8/2024 at 2:15 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

Answers

1. We are 1st overall right now, so hopefully we end up just like this at the end of the season!

2. They will be a force to be reckoned with, but we can take them if we see them in the finals.

3. Everyone has been fantastic but I gotta shout-out the 3 Assistant Captains; all of them have been performing incredibly in their own way! 

4. Probably ice cream or nachos if I’m being unhealthy af lol

5. I have many but old school Suicide Silence will always be near the top for me.

6. Ash Sparks is currently 23 wins away from having the most wins in Nighthawks history, so that is definitely something I’m looking forward to seeing if it happens.

1. I think we can definitely keep it up and hopefully surprise all the doubters we had.

2. I think they look really good right now but inevitably I do think they will fall back a little bit in the NA Conference.  Hard to expect them to keep this up.

3. Bobandy, Sparks, Stone and many others are having really awesome seasons for us right now.

4. Typically a big Cheese and Crackers type of guy for my snacks.

6. Just to keep on improving and maybe break 100 if at all possible honestly.

7. Hard to say depending on what is available and we have made some moves that have not allowed us a ton of options asset wise, but yeah if there is something that will make us better without morgaging our future....why not?

8. Today, I'm the best me I've ever been now.

7. Stack it up baybay!!! Cup run, cup run!

6.Renn Cup in the VHLE for sure.

5.the black keys, saw them live with my dad a while back.

2. They've slowed down recently but I think they have proven they are a really good team for sure.

1. We gonna finish number 1 and then win the cup, obvi.

Edited by Pifferfish

On 6/8/2024 at 1:15 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1) Feels like we're cruising towards a third Victory Cup, but I'm not 100% sure I want it after the last two seasons 😅

2) Their roster is fine but not great, but the main thing is that I can't imagine a sub-400 TPE goalie putting up close to a .930 SV% is very sustainable. There will be a drop off but I do think they make the playoffs.

3) There are a lot of candidates, but Bobandy has been awesome on the ice and in the locker room. A great addition to our team!

4) Um like anything with cheese basically

5) I guess, forced to choose it's probably Linkin Park or Rise Against

6) I was hoping to score 40 goals & improve on last season, but I've slowed down quite a bit after a good start and dipped below a PPG. I think it's still doable but it'll take a good run. At the end of the day we're at the top of the VHL again so I don't really care about my numbers, I'll trade stats for wins any day. I'm just hoping for some playoff wins too!

On 6/8/2024 at 12:15 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. Looks like Malmo should be able to continue the success till the end.

2. No, Calgary will fall off.

3. There are so many players that have made the difference, I would hate to single just one out.

4. Anything that was once living.

5. Pink Floyd of course.

6. I have no goals. Just lace them up and go out and do my thing.

1) So far so good. But not going to lie, leading the standings makes me a little nervous after these last two seasons!

2) I feel like a star d-man for the "second core" ie. the post-Stone/Jensen days would be huge, so Jillian Woods or Lucy Leitner. Plus I know Woods' user from being teammates in the past & I'm pretty sure Leitner would be a super fun person to have in the LR.

3) I think you mean Taco Bell is not an option *think* ... I'll say A&W, not because I don't like it but because it's actually kind of out of the way for me to ever go there, so I wouldn't miss it

4) Honestly I don't pay enough attention to know much about how singers/albums are generally rated. But I will say that I think that Amy Lee (Evanescence) is as good a vocalist as I've ever heard. I think she's recognized as being pretty great, though. LeAnn Rimes is actually a brilliant singer too so maybe that's one.

5) I feel like lots of people don't like orange and it's the best so we'll go with that.

6) I've covered Rave's background in a few pieces of writing here - I'd say if he never started playing hockey, he probably would have eventually gotten back into skiing.

18 hours ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

70uc6ssjv17d1.jpeg

Answers

1. Loving it! I’m happy how our team is performing and I’d love to see us clutch out another Victory Cup!

2. As much as I would love to share the crease with some of my fellows goaltenders, I enjoy playing against them all too much. I think I’d rather have a rising star prospect like Lucy Leitner @LucyXpher join our team!

3. Idk McDonalds? Sure why not 😂 

4. Rody Walker- the lead singer of Protest the Hero, was fairly underrated during his prime. Dude was a fantastic vocalist in a very heavy scene.

5. Purple gets disrespected when it really shouldn’t. It’s a mix of Red and Blue (2 of the best colours) and usually signifies royalty

6. Ash Sparks would be a musician, probably a guitar player and a vocalist in some heavy metalcore band. He might just resume that path after he retires. Who know!

On 6/16/2024 at 11:25 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

70uc6ssjv17d1.jpeg

1. Pretty happy.  But to be honest, we have had good regular season runs before.  Time to do it in the playoffs!

2. I would take Callum Janser cause we could use a younger defenseman who still has prime quality skills to pair alongside our veteran talent back there.  Plus I have always wanted to play alongside the member.

3. BURGER KING IS THE RIGHT ANSWER CAUSE HECK THAT SHIT IS GROSS. But....listen in actuality? I actually dislike Taco Bell (sorry team XD I only like crunchwraps but I make my own homemade and they are way better).

4. Oh dear...as someone who isn't a big music guy...not sure.  Bishop Briggs is someone I discovered recently who I think would fit the bill.  

5. Colour? Our beautiful lime green of course.

6. Soccer for sure.  He played both growing up.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:25 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

70uc6ssjv17d1.jpeg

1. After the last two seasons, I'm not so concerned about wins in the regular season. It's nice, but it obviously doesn't guarantee or even seem to correlate to playoff success. Still, it is nice to have winning records against every other team in the conference.

2. Thor Reingaard. One of the best wings in the league, just getting into the prime of their career. They could help out our offense now and beyond the end of the careers of the current core.

3. Chik-Fil-A

4. Taylor Blackwell. I'm no music critic, so I'm just picking someone who I like that has very few listeners on Spotify.

5. I'll go with orange. Specifically a burnt orange.

6. Math teacher.

9 hours ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

rect2218-1.png?ex=668068ca&is=667f174a&hm=de159a44c66ad8219ad646614f326038923761107adb32209df9b4c6cc3e3159&=

1. I feel like there has to be nerves given our regular season success the last two years and how that translated.  But I am confident in our group. 

2. I hope so (as Jensen) but I think we both will fall just short.  Both will be around 94-97 I think. 

3. Tzesar really needs to get some attention league-wide for the monstrous season he is having.  But Reese McFleury has been underrated for quite some time. 

4. Im not sure ghosts exactly but I do believe in spirits and such. 

5. Honestly? Probably none of us.  With Jensens recent monstrous game he has a chance, but I do think they all fall just short. 

6. My wife is from Edmonton so I was cheering them on and was disappointed they couldn’t complete the comeback.  Good series though. 

On 6/28/2024 at 5:59 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

rect2218-1.png?ex=668068ca&is=667f174a&hm=de159a44c66ad8219ad646614f326038923761107adb32209df9b4c6cc3e3159&=

Answers

1. I think we will be close to the top of the league, maybe 3rd or 4th overall.

2. It would be amazing to see either of them (or both) hit 100 points and I think it’s definitely possible still!

3. Savaisk Tzesar has definitely broken out more this season! Leads the team in goals and top 3 in the league for hits- he’s very underrated imo.

4. Sure 

5. Jensen and Bobandy will most likely hit 100 points, but I would love to see all 3 of them pull it off!

6. Indifferent. It was good hockey to watch so I would’ve been ok with either team winning.

rect2218-1.png?ex=66830bca&is=6681ba4a&hm=f6b7d749fcf151a7affa85991c9f6f36e5a4e0fe7ed4886a6a820253d96e6d21&=

1. I would've said this if I answered earlier in the week as well, but I didn't actually like our chances down the stretch. Other teams near the top of the standings had much easier schedules remaining. While I don't think we are mathematically eliminated, we have no shot now even if we go undefeated, but that's fine. I have enough Victory Cups for my career. I'm only concerned about playoff success right now.

2. At this point, we have five games left. Based on their current pace, they won't. We have had some big games, so it is possible. I think it would take big games against D.C. With two against them, we see something like 7 or 8 points in those two games. Then it would just take 3-5 points in the remaining three games against Riga and Moscow. Not impossible, but being realistic about it, I don't think either will make it.

3. I gotta go with Savaisk Tzesar. Just looking at the Super Coach rosters, they were only selected by four people and of course, three of those rosters are in the top five. And the other is at 13th.

4. Simple answer? Yes. In some sense of the word, I do believe in ghosts. I don't really have strong conviction in that belief, as my beliefs are more rooted in my perception, but I do believe that ghosts could exist.

5. It'll take some big games for any of them to reach it, at this point. But that's also just not the way this team has been built for a while. We haven't seen a 100-point season, even when we led the league in goals.

6. Don't really care, to be honest. I don't follow the NHL outside of the Minnesota Wild at all, really.

On 6/28/2024 at 5:59 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

1. No victory cup please, it's cursed.

2. Randy Bobandy just won his court case with the VHL to not wear a jersey so he is bound to put up 5 goals per game down the stretch here

3. Me, I bring vibes and I've never lost a game yet. Given up zero goals so far for Malmo. Legendary.

4. Hell no, get that goofy ish outta here.

5. Me trying to reach the word limit on a highschool essay .exe. we just repeating questions now huh? Objection! Asked and answered sir!

6. 5 straight Finals.... Hockey is Florida now... On god.

1) Obviously, we are mathematically eliminated now anyway but I kind of got the feel that we weren't going to win the Victory Cup this year as the season went on. We were a little less consistent this season. It doesn't bother me much, since we were cursed when we won the Victory Cup anyway lol

2) I would have said I think Jensen gets there but he went on a bit of a cold spell. Seems unlikely anyone gets there now but hey another 6-point night makes things very doable!

3) I think both Savaisk Tzesar and Ash Sparks are pretty underrated around the league.

4) I mean... all logic says to me that they shouldn't exist. But I've seen/experienced some pretty strange stuff! So I am not going to give an outright "no" here.

5) I'm gonna have to say none of them this time around. But I do think we'll have a couple of 100-point scorers next season. Our forwards are probably going to be the strongest they've been since I got here, plus still prime Stone etc; I think we are going to have a very dangerous offense in S95.

6) I'm a little disappointed. I don't have any particular love for Edmonton, but I wanted to see history. McDavid deserves a Cup, and I wanted to see a team come back from down 3-0, McDavid have one of the greatest playoff runs of all-time, etc. I am happy for Paul Maurice and Roberto Luongo. Maurice did a lot for the Jets and Luongo deserved one as a player too.