Malmo Nighthawks Team Press Conference

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2024 at 5:59 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

rect2218-1.png?ex=668068ca&is=667f174a&hm=de159a44c66ad8219ad646614f326038923761107adb32209df9b4c6cc3e3159&=

1. Well I'm going to interpret this question as what our chances to win the cup are now and I say we got a good shot. Just need to stay tough in net and the skaters can get this done.

2. Sadly I don't think either did but I believe next year both will be strong candidates to do it. Going way above point per game is mad impressive though. 

3. Tsezar for sure. Dude get hella points but also is a defensive beast that throws that body around big time.

4. Hell no, ghosts aren't real unless I stand to gain from them existing.

5. Well I now know it's zero but I think Randy and Viktor both do it in S95 with Tsezar just under that mark.

6. Florida>Canada in terms of hockey area now.. 5 finals in 5 years for Florida's two teams.

Edited by Pifferfish

• 2 weeks later...

1) Rave is spending this season training back home in Lichtenstein

2) I was rooting for Halifax in the VHLM and Cologne in the VHLE.

3) Rave was born in an area where they kind of just gravitate towards all winter sports and he was a promising young skier who eventually gave up on it. He played hockey on occasion and watched it often growing up and decided to give it a try.

4) I dunno, like liver or something

5) Back in my Guitar Hero days I was introduced to Tokio Hotel and I still listen to some of their German songs once in a while, that's the first thing that comes to mind.

6) Not really. It was a step back from the previous regular season and then was pretty much a no-show in the playoffs.

12 hours ago, ethanjaeda said:

pYJFy7r.png

1. relaxing and teaching kids in his hometown how to play goalie properly. 

2.lets go reapers!

3.Herzlich's big size and love for the ice made him wish to play goalie. 

4.Korean Blood Sausage 

5.Nico touches the wall- Mashi Mashi

6. not really, Herzlich got into a bit of a slump this season which means more training!

On 7/19/2024 at 11:26 AM, ethanjaeda said:

pYJFy7r.png

1. Taking some time away from hockey to clear his head after another disappointing ending. Spending time relaxing and enjoying life with his wife.

2. I was rooting for Cologne and Halifax, because they are who I predicted. Cologne won at least, so I'm happy with that.

3. Jacob Stone comes from a hockey family. Benjamin Glover (grandpa) and Diana Maxwell (aunt) are both VHL Hall of Famers.

4. Anything with mushrooms

5. I suppose I'd say Asian Kung-Fu Generation, though I don't listen to any non-English artists enough that I would really call them my favorite. They just have a few songs that have been used as anime openings that I have come to like, though I don't listen to them beyond those few songs.

6. No, I mean sure I had my career high in goals, but I took a step back everywhere else and made it really hard for me to end up with a point-per-game career.

On 7/19/2024 at 12:26 PM, ethanjaeda said:

pYJFy7r.png

1. JORGEN goes to Bali or some shit... He likes the warm weather after many Greenland winters.

2. Doesn't matter if Jørgen ain't there. Cologne since they beat the Jorg.

3. Pure God given skill and talent

4. Lobster.... It's gross peasant food that inland people decided was fancy.

5. 21 Savage... Oh wait...

6. No, no chip, no happy.

Edited by Pifferfish

• 3 weeks later...

PRESS CONFERENCE

Week of: August 11th, 2024

Answer these six questions for 2 TPE

1. After the retirement of Ash Sparks, how do you see our duo of Lovstrom and Herzlich doing this season?

2. What team are you worried about the most going into next season of the VHL?

3. The team is looking likely to run just three defensemen going into the upcoming season.  What does the rest of the team need to do in order to overcome this challenge?

4. What is your go-to drink when you hit up the bar?

5. What is your player's pregame ritual? 

6. What's your favourite anime?

12 minutes ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. After the retirement of Ash Sparks, how do you see our duo of Lovstrom and Herzlich doing this season?

3. The team is looking likely to run just three defensemen going into the upcoming season.  What does the rest of the team need to do in order to overcome this challenge?

1. It's spelled Løvstrøm. But to answer the actual question... Amazingly.

2. I don't worry about other teams, just focused on the heat seeking rubber missiles that are traveling 100 MPH at my face.

3. No cherry picking. Contribute on the backcheck. But most importantly score more, I can stop a 999 picks out of 1000 shots but to win we need at least 2 goals.

4. @Muttiput me on Czech beer.

5. Czech beer, duh.

6. Is there one with Czech beer as the primary focus?

16 minutes ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I certainly don't think they'll hold us back. While I'm not going to predict either is going to be the best goalie in the league, the overall quality of goalies went down significantly from last season. There really are not many elite goalies out there at the moment.

2. Let's see, in the last four years, we've been knocked out of the playoffs by Helsinki, London, Moscow, and Riga. Prague won't be making the playoffs, so I guess this season it'll be Davos or Warsaw.

3. It's probably going to be more important that we stay out of the penalty box, particularly for the defenders. When 1 of 5 skaters out there is a CPU, it shouldn't be too bad. When it's 1 of 4 and down a skater, it'll be more difficult.

4. The first thing I look for anywhere I go is if they have any sour beer. If they do, that's my go-to.

5. I don't know, man, I guess like let's say he does a crossword puzzle before every game.

6. Yu Yu Hakusho

8 hours ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. honestly sad to see him go was a great goalie for us and brought us a lot of wins but i see herzilch and lovstrom becoming two greats of their own
2. really its always moscow no clue why but as malmo moscow some reason either kicks our ass or we kick theres never a in between
3. well from the look of it most of the forwards are two way power houses so I think defense won't be a problem
4. water (not legal age yet lol)
5. I think I've said it a long time ago but it's some bible versus in his native language 
6. right now its Jujutsu Kaisen but all time its either AOT or JoJo

On 8/7/2024 at 9:45 PM, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I can see this duo being formidable this season. Herzlich can hold down the fort while Løvstrøm gets acquainted with the VHL.

2.Honestly, i dont know. To me, everything depends if Simon is in a good mood or not. 

3. Get use to playing defensively a little in order to accommodate for the lack of Dmen

4. Whatever they have lol.

5. Down a beer and get pelted with pucks shot out of a puck launcher/cannon.

6. Honestly, i have to say Shokugeki no Soma. (I love food so).

On 8/7/2024 at 11:45 PM, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1) I think they're both good goalies and we have a good team around them, so it should be alright

2) I think the best team in the EU on paper is Moscow again, so I guess them

3) Just play good defense and help out those defensemen in our own end

4) I don't drink, so probably just iced tea or sprite

5) A pre-game nap and of course some taco bell

6) Probably Hunter x Hunter

Edited by tcookie

PRESS CONFERENCE

Week of: August 18th, 2024

1. We are having an up-and-down season thus far.  Despite it being so early in the season, what are we not doing well enough, that we must, if we are to climb the standings?

2. Who do you think will lead the Malmo Nighthawks in points this season?

3. If you could create a new team in any league, what would the team name be and in what league would it be in?

4. The Olympics just ended....if your player could compete in any Summer Olympics event, which one would it be?

5. We have a lot of great players and people on our team. Give a shoutout to someone on the team who you either feel doesn't get enough credit or attention, or has really impacted your time on Malmo in a positive way!

6. Zombie apocalypse has taken over the world and you are being forced out of your house, what three items would you grab before heading out on your own?

Edited by Advantage

5 minutes ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. We are having an up-and-down season thus far.  Despite it being so early in the season, what are we not doing well enough, that we must, if we are to climb the standings?

3. If you could create a new team in any league, what would the team name be and in what league would it be in?

4. The Olympics just ended....if your player could compete in any Summer Olympics event, which one would it be?

5. We have a lot of great players and people on our team. Give a shoutout to someone on the team who you either feel doesn't get enough credit or attention, or has really impacted your time on Malmo in a positive way!

6. Zombie apocalypse has taken over the world and you are being forced out of your house, what three items would you grab before heading out on your own?

1. Honestly... Pray to the man upstairs (Simon) and hope our 1 million shots start going in...

2. The legend himself Randy Bobandy!!!

3. Any league... Like the NBA 😁? I would bring back the Vancouver Grizzlies!!!

4. It would probably be something like distance running, maybe the 5000m

5. Honestly @comrade cat because I was inspired by them to crank up my players checking after Tzesar began to. We also had our rookie season together and have grown exponentially since then 😌

6. Even though I'm on "my own" I'd take my dog, first aid kit, and a hatchet.

5 hours ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Jorgen needs to play like the rest of this rookie class in net. 

2. Randy Bobandy has been a top player not only for Malmo but in the whole league for a while.

3. Nuuk Dukes to represent Greenland in the VHLM. But you'd need a team for the west so I'd probably balance the league with the addition of the Portland Blades. (Portland just feels like the next biggest city without VHL representation on the West coast of NA and Blades feels like a nice nod to a past team in the Brampton Blades RIP).

4. break dancing for sure, clearly that just requires a drinking problem based on the memes.

5. Kaleeb gets a ton of credit, but keeping a team so good and with a clear identity for so long is truly amazing

6. My cat, my phone, my car keys. Easy question.

13 hours ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I would say more consistent defense.

2. I would probably say jacob stone. 

3. I would say bring back the quebec nordiques for the NHL. 

4. Soccer. My 6'8 goalie would still be playing goalie. 

5. I would say ash sparks. While he isnt on the team anymore, it was still great being in a tandem with him.

6. a weapon of some sort and food and water. 

On 8/12/2024 at 1:28 AM, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1) It's such a small sample size it's not worth drawing many conclusions from IMO. I think we have a good team and it's just a matter of finding the right chemistry.

2) I think Jacob Stone.

3) Well I've always wanted to see the Montreal Expos back in MLB.

4) Rave is a winter guy all the way through but I like the swimming events so let's go with that.

5) I love the whole team but I think @comrade catTzesar is a little underappreciated around the league!

6) Food and water and probably my phone, I don't have much that would be any good as a weapon so we'd have to go from there.

On 8/12/2024 at 12:28 AM, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I don't have the stats to back this up, but it feels like in several of our losses, we've blown leads that we had in the third period. And our record in overtime games is not good. We need to be better in these clutch situations.

2. I believe that everyone on the team could do well, but above all else I believe in myself. I think that I could lead the VHL in points.

3. The obvious answer is to bring back the Yukon Rush, though I would say put them in the VHL rather than let the VHLM have them again. Beyond the low-hanging fruit, I'd make the Anchorage Owls in the VHLM. When I originally made the Yukon Rush, this was actually my other top option.

4. Well, I suppose playing field hockey makes enough sense.

5. I feel like it's really most of the team. After a few people above me said Tzesar, I probably need to go with someone else, and after last season he has definitely gotten people to take notice. I'm going to say RJ. He's been a consistent contributor the last few seasons. He's actually third on the team in points, since his rookie season.

6. My cat, my car, and my phone.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Week of: August 25th, 2024

1. As of me writing this question, we have won five in a row and currently have the best goal differential in the league! Who has been the driving factor (if there is one) in us having such a strong run of late?

2. How do you feel about your player's season so far?

3. What is one goal you have left for your player to accomplish in the VHL?

4. The EU Conference currently has the three best teams in the league in Moscow, ourselves and Riga. In what order do you see these three teams finishing?

5. As a member of the BOG, I often hear about issues people have after they have built up for quite some time.  What is something that our league can do better to help your experience? If nothing, what is one thing you would add?

6. As most of you know from the Discord, I had a pretty momentous happen this week.  What is one memory you have from your life that will stick with you as a positive one for quite some time?

Edited by Advantage

12 minutes ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. As of me writing this question, we have won five in a row and currently have the best goal differential in the league? Who has been the driving factor (if there is one) in us having such a strong run of late?

4. The EU Conference currently has the three best teams in the league in Moscow, ourselves and Riga. In what order do you see these three teams finishing?

5. As a member of the BOG, I often hear about issues people have after they have built up for quite some time.  What is something that our league can do better to help your experience? If nothing, what is one thing you would add?

6. As most of you know from the Discord, I had a pretty momentous happen this week.  What is one memory you have from your life that will stick with you as a positive one for quite some time?

1. Of course everyone has been involved, a lot of us have stepped up after a slow start to the season, but specifically Stone has been a huge factor guiding our offense and defense from the blueline. 

2. This has to be the best I've felt about a season since my sophomore season. The steps I've taken in my game have been big ones. I don't want to leave anything left on the table when it's all said and done.

3. Of course it's the continental cup. We've had so much success in Malmo the past 4 regular seasons, but I want to keep working hard to have a deep playoff run.

4. With the way we've been playing recently I think I'm gonna say Moscow will finish 1st ahead of us and they can hold that Victory cup curse...

5. Hahaha.... We could bring the Red Wolves franchise back 😅

6. Congratulations again to you!... Something I hope sticks as a positive memory for me is probably moving into my new place this July with 3 newer friends in my life. It's the happiest/most at peace I've been in a long time!

33 minutes ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. As of me writing this question, we have won five in a row and currently have the best goal differential in the league! Who has been the driving factor (if there is one) in us having such a strong run of late?

1. Quite honestly, i think its a combination of everything and everyone playing. The lines are now good with a bit of tinkering from Kaleeb. 

2. Honestly, great. Karl recently started to finally win both sims instead of just one and not giving up too many goals. 

3. Honestly, nothing. I'm more or less the current starter with the team that drafted me for the VHL and not doing too bad. I guess the only thing left if i had to really choose one would be to win the cup.

4. Can't see....if i would be biased though, i would say Malmo first and everyone else can just take second or third. 

5. for me nothing, i wouldnt add anything either. 

6. For me, winning my local high school district hockey championship even when i was injured. It was honestly worth it. 

20 hours ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1) There are so many different names we could say, I think ... Tzesar's hot streak, Herzlich on fire lately, Rave and RJ playing great, but I think I gotta say the obvious answer, Jacob Stone. He is the best player in the league this season with big defensive numbers, almost leading the league in scoring as a d-man, and dominating alongside a bot partner

2) Pretty good, back on track after last season. It's a pretty good year as far as 4th VHL seasons go but I do think Rave has a little bit more in him.

3) The most important thing is always to win the Continental Cup, and we haven't won one yet, so until I win one it's always that.

4) Moscow Malmo Riga. Truthfully I could see it being in any order so I'm going with the easy answer, that is, the order they are currently in. I think we are playing the best lately, but I also wouldn't mind if we just avoided the Victory Cup curse lol.

5) I've always thought the international play is a bit weird and I think the revamp that @jacobcarson877 suggested a while back is an excellent idea, so I'm down to campaign for that any time. I think the league is pretty great regardless.

6) I have a lot of memories from my five-pin bowling and over the past summer I had the opportunity to compete on the most fun & tight-knit team I've ever been a part of. We unfortunately finished just short of winning a national championship, but it was such a great week and I will always remember that experience.

On 8/20/2024 at 7:33 PM, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Thinking back to that run, that was probably my high point in the season. Herzlich was also playing out of his mind at the time as well, so I'd say the two of us. Looking at our recent games now, Randy Bobandy and Philip Rave have been doing really well. Martin Kemp scored a hat trick in a big win against a scorching hot Moscow as well. We have so many guys who can step up on any night, and I think that's how we've been able to play so well as of late and have the best goal differential in the league.

2. It's been my best yet, for sure, and I'd say it's giving me hope that maybe I could have a chance at the Hall of Fame. I think I'll have to get back to where I was before my recent slump, of sorts, and finish the season strong enough to win some hardware. My Hall of Fame aspirations will definitely rely on me having another season like this in my final year as well.

3. As much as much teammates want to win a Continental Cup, I'm going to say I want to win Playoff MVP. Of course, I want it to come with a Continental Cup, but being the driving force behind a championship for the team that I have spent my entire career with would mean so much to me.

4. Our recent wins over Moscw and Riga have given me the confidence that we can finish in first. We have the most games remaining against the bottom five teams in the league, which will help for sure. Moscow had been looking like the best team in the league for a bit, and they still could be, but losses to us and Riga have tightened the race. I still think they will finish second, and that leaves Riga in third.

5. To be honest, I'm not as invested in the VHL as I have been in the past to actually care as much. That being said, and maybe this is just me not being as involved, but I'm not really sure what the BOG does nowadays other than league voting. I have no clue who is on the BOG, though I'd hope there is a list of the members somewhere out there if I were curious. Actually, I did find a list, but it appears to be outdated, considering it includes people who haven't been online since 2022. Actually, I do think I've come across some rules that seem to be outdated as well, so maybe if it is within the purview of the BOG, just keeping things a little more up-to-date would be nice.

6. It pales in comparison, but seeing Motion City Soundtrack, my favorite band, in concert back in early 2020 was one of my fondest memories in a long while. I'm not an avid concert-goer, so back in 2016 when they were having a farewell tour which could have been their last (though it turned out to just be a hiatus), I did not go and see them. I thought about it, but I don't really treat myself often enough. Not seeing them was a big regret of mine, so when they announced a reunion tour, I decided I would definitely go, and it was amazing.

PRESS CONFERENCE

Week of: September 1, 2024

1. If you had to predict the MVP at this juncture, who would it be?

2. What netminder, now that some of the leagues greats have retired, has taken the forefront and is your current pick to win Top Goalie?

3. The VHL Theme Week was announced recently and it is all about rookies.  Next season, you are in charge…what would the topic be for theme week?

4. I am currently sitting in my new apartment in horrifyingly awful heat…what luxury do you think you couldn’t live without? (No pets or anything like that)

5. Which NHL player does your VHL player emulate the best and why?

6. Which is your favourite season of the year and why?

Edited by Advantage

2 hours ago, Advantage said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

Week of: September 1, 2024

1. If you had to predict the MVP at this juncture, who would it be?

2. What netminder, now that some of the leagues greats have retired, has taken the forefront and is your current pick to win Top Goalie?

3. The VHL Theme Week was announced recently and it is all about rookies.  Next season, you are in charge…what would the topic be for theme week?

4. I am currently sitting in my new apartment in horrifyingly awful heat…what luxury could do you think you couldn’t live without? (No pets or anything like that)

5. Which NHL player does your VHL player emulate the best and why?

6. Which is your favourite season of the year and why?

1. I've been on the Bobandy train for a bit now so I have to stick with it 

2. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.... W

3. Alien Invasion... The aliens take over the VHL. Go crazy from there :)

4. Straight up like a fan. I fall asleep so much easier with one, winter or summer doesn't matter I can't sleep without a fan.

5. Maybe like a JT Miller, we can and have ran on the wing and at center, he's also got a good physicality to his game.

6. Love the Fall, hoodie season, not too hot not too cold, Halloween, leaves changing, thanksgiving man the Fall vibes are immaculate