And so it ends.

BOOM

4be801501a004.jpg

I have just played my final game as captain of New York and while the game 5 loss hurts, I have loved every minute of my time with the Americans. From the moment I joined the team, everyone who was(and still is) there was welcoming and great to be in a LR with and I'll honestly miss that place once Bismarck is drafted to the VHL, wherever that may be.

Obviously we didn't get the result we wanted, but Riga outplayed us and the way they eliminated Cologne they deserved it in the end. Congratulations to the Reign.

To my teammates, thank you. We had a great season and several had another season of individual success and I am disappointed that Odin didn't play well enough to see us make the series closer then it was. You have all made the last few seasons enjoyable and for me that's a big factor in keeping me here in the VHL and trying to contribute wherever I can. You are a great bunch of guys and would be more then happy to be on a roster with you sometime in the future.

To anyone else, not on NY who has had positive things to say about Odin, done GFX, or mentioned him in media or mag articles, or voted for him in awards etc, thanks as well. I tried to work hard to make him a good player and happy that he turned out OK.

I have been proud to be captain of the Americans for the last two seasons and it's been an honor to represent the team. Smarch made that possible by stepping down and it's something that I'll remember and appreciate for a long time. I don't know if I'll ever be back to play for the team but if I don't, thanks for the opportunity and I wish you all the best of luck, here and IRL. :nya:

Lastly, I want to thank everyone in the VHL who makes it possible to enjoy this place, from Blue team to GM's of both levels, BOG, awesome Red Team, graders, mag guys, podcasters, people who donated $$$ and all the active, contributing members who keep this place going....THANK YOU, it's been a blast.

captainamerica_salute.gif