VSN Presents: Have Your Say: VHL Continental Cup Finals

Continental Cup Finals   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

VSNHaveYourSay.jpg.7f60c2012473ad6efdbbf9370197ae44.jpg

Have Your Say: VHL Continental Cup Finals

Here we are back for round two of your ability to impact the voting and have a say about some of the topics going around the league at the moment. Last time out we took a look at Goaltending and Today with the dropping of the Wind of Change article talking about the league future Era of goaltending and an End of Era of goaltending so let look at what you had to say about the Goaltenders:

1. Who is the best starting goaltender in the VHL? (Multiple choice)

Question1.thumb.jpg.ed92de741585c142271804410a1bdc7e.jpg

At least every single goaltender got a vote but it was interesting to see those two goaltenders, both of whom I think are likely HOF bound topped the poll. One a clear Playoff goaltender and will likely go down as one of the best in the post season; not to mention he is in the finals again. The other lead the dominate HC Davos Dynamo era and is highly decorated due to his dominance. A few of the votes really surprised me as I think a lot miss the strong goaltending that Henry Tucker Jr @NSG provided Riga Reign and D.C. Dragons over the length of his career and Matt Murdock @Acydburn dominating performance night in and night out for the Prague Phantoms holding a ton of the franchise records and clearly a franchise goaltender; should see his jersey retired sooner rather than later in Prague. I wasn`t that surprised and actually pleasantly surprised that Joel Castle @animal74 finished third as I think he also has a case for the HOF but I think he will fall just short.

2. If your team was heading into a game 7 winner takes all situation, who would you want as your Starting goaltender?

Question2.thumb.jpg.6b1edf04b8e6ff459f583211abd76886.jpg

Same three topped this question but also not hugely surprise that 48% of the vote went with the known game stealing, god of the playoff performance Jesse Teno @aimkin. Lachlan Summers @kirbithan a distant second with Joel Castle @animal74 only a single vote behind. The biggest surprise was Fuukka Rask @Jubis receive zero votes considering his past two season of playoff performance with Helsinki Titans and leading them to an unexpected Continental Cup Final. Rask once again has a chance to change everyone opinion as he has taken the Seattle Bears into the finals against the Teno!!

3. Who is the Best young Goaltender in the VHL at the moment?

Question3.thumb.jpg.cd13c54fd088298a222b2ddf42fa77ca.jpg

This rather feels like recency bias with 61% of the vote heading towards the young Rookie of the year contending 36W @rory of the New York Americans or is it? Fast forward to the end of this season and 36W @rory finished 8th in Wins, 4th in Save% and 4th in GAA so clearly is a top 5 goaltender in this league at the moment. Only one goaltender didn`t receive any votes and again I think this was down to recency bias as at the time I asked these question Giorgiy Costanzov @Mongoose87 was just entering his first full season in the VHL and was thrown to Wolves to say as he was also starting for Seattle Bears; at the time a fringe playoff team. Well, Fast forward and Costanzov was replaced by Fukka Rask @Jubis at the trade deadline; rather suggesting a lack of faith in the young goaltender by his own management. Will he bounce back? Sure but he might need to wait another season to prove himself as starting goaltender in the league.

So what did you think?

Do you agree with the rest of the voters? Either way make sure to leave a comment below and vote for your VHL Starting Goaltenders in todays poll. Also if you have anything that you would like me to create a poll to ask the league about; VHL related of course than comment below so that you have your Voice Heard and ........

Have Your Say!!

VSN.jpg

Edited by Gaikoku-hito