Around the League- Trades !

Scurvy

Another week gone and a lot has happened in the VHL for some clubs.  Others, like mine, we sit idle waiting for the Pro-Am to begin to see our players back in the mix.  For this week’s “around the league’ I will talk about some recent trades, the upcoming draft, and any other random stuff that gets me to 500 words. 

TRADES

May 10th and 11th were busy on the trade front which as cool to see.  Lets take a look.

DAV/PRG

Prague sent all-star defenseman Skor McFleury @AlexAlex to Davos with a 3rd round pick for a 2nd rounder and 3rdrounder.  Skor brings to Davos a true defensive leader and point on the PP.  24 goals last year and over 100 points shows this aging veteran still has loads in the tank.  A true Hall of Fame level dman he brings leadership and pedigree to a quickly rebuilding Davos.  The fact he has already won a Cup in Davos just adds to the greatness of this move.  Paired with David Jokinen they could be deadly in the tough EU conference. 

DAV/SEATTLE

In another trade by Davos we see GM @AlexAlex snag goal scoring phenom Sadie St-Louis @sadieSadie for a 3rdround pick.  Fresh off a Continental Cup win this is a smart move for Davos to add a four-time 30+ goal scorer who likes to shoot the puck in bunches. 

New York:

New York made a couple trades as well and picked up Kevin OConnor @luke033 and Yaroslav Trunov @qriplll from Chicago for Francesco Mancini.  In a separate trade they snatched Chuck E Cheese @a_Ferk for a 4th rounder.  Trunov is a pure goal scorer and two 40+ goal seasons in last two year.  He will add some punch to an up-and-coming NY club. 

CHI/HSK

Chicago made another move grabbing monster defenseman, Yaboi Oven @Doomsday from Helskini for depth player Bryce Woodworth and a first-round pick. YaBoi brings some serious defensive talent to add to Chicago’s young talented back end.  22 goals last season and 86 points he showed he can lead the power play even with his giant size.  I look for him to pair well with a Lionel Colberg or Karol Lamb @dlamb.  Can’t miss pick for Chicago. 

HSK/MAL/VAN

In a three-way trade Vancouver obtained 50 goal phenom, Owen Lazaro @traphag from Helskinki.  Malmo obtained Vlad Von Carstein @Dom, and Helskinki got a S96 2nd rounder, Mikko Borisyuk, Ocean Codoler, and a S94 3rd rounder.  This is another huge trade by @Frank trying to re-build the Wolves into contenders.  This trade happened only a day after he obtained All- Stat dman, Mark Calaway @Beketov who has had two 30 goals season in a row and is still in his prime. Scary to think of a defensive core that includes Liv Slater @Subject056and Calaway.  Even scarier when you add that massive animal Guntis Gavilrovs @Girts.  

I think the winners are Vancouver and Davos so far, this off-season trades.  It’s still very early but both clubs seemed to add some veteran punch.  Davos still has some growing to do but they are re-building quickly and Vancouver is putting together some good veteran pieces around some young up and coming talent.  

See ya next week